Occupy Leister

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew

Yesterday was the first time I have been in town for a while and I saw this lot with chalk writing on the floor like it made a difference.

Some muppet wrote "Occupy Leister This Way", that about summed it up for me.:icon_roll

Some muppet wrote "Occupy Leister This Way", that about summed it up for me.:icon_roll

Well, give us a clue at least. There's one person in a group that isn't very good at spelling, what conclusions did you reach from this astute observation?

Well, give us a clue at least. There's one person in a group that isn't very good at spelling, what conclusions did you reach from this astute observation?
My guess is "that they're a bunch of ****s who don't have a clue what they're doing or even necessarily any idea what they supposedly stand for, and they're just causing trouble for the **** of it, because that's what disorganised rabbles of pseudo-Communist, pseudo-anarchist clueless wankers tend to do."

My guess is "that they're a bunch of ****s who don't have a clue what they're doing or even necessarily any idea what they supposedly stand for, and they're just causing trouble for the **** of it, because that's what disorganised rabbles of pseudo-Communist, pseudo-anarchist clueless wankers tend to do."

This.

Can't say I've seen an awful lot of trouble caused by them?

So what if they can't spell very well or have a lazy notion of what they want? They have managed to force two job changes and make the Telegraph & Cameron look like a bunch of ****s - you should protest on your feet and be in bed by ten, apparently.

As protests go it has to rank as one of the most peaceful in recent times, I can't see why either of you'd be against it.

That's what I was guessing as well. It's fantastic how people can feed their own preconceived assumptions about an entire cross-section of society based on an individual spelling mistake. Great work.

That's what I was guessing as well. It's fantastic how people can feed their own preconceived assumptions about an entire cross-section of society based on an individual spelling mistake. Great work.
People shouldn't have the right to protest about things they don't understand.

Stalin is my hero.

Stalin is my hero.

Absolutely. Everybody should just kneel down, part their cheeks and wait for a cancerous bankster cock to **** them rigid, then move along to their next shopping experience.

Stalin is my hero.

Interesting concept. How can they be certain whether or not they understand what they are protesting about?
Does a spelling mistake indicate a lack of understanding
How do they know that the person telling them they don't understand does understand?
Should the same concept be applied to people posting on TB?

If so, they won't be many people left here

Trotsky for me

Most of the people are complaining about what the "bankers" have got, ie lots of money. It's born out of envy, society is full of people that feel they are entitled to something. If you asked most of the protesters that were round the clock tower if they would like to be in the bankers shoes, lots of money, nice house, nice car they'd say "yes". People feel they are entitled to their "fair share".

You get the die hard anti-capitalism core that whips up a bunch of impressionable people that have very little using the premise of fairness.

Last edited:
Most of the people are complaining about what the "bankers" have got, ie lots of money. It's born out of envy, society is full of people that feel they are entitled to something. If you asked most of the protesters that were round the clock tower if they would like to be in the bankers shoes, lots of money, nice house, nice car they'd say "yes". People feel they are entitled to their "fair share".

You get the die hard anti-capitalism core that whips up a bunch of impressionable people that have very little using the premise of fairness.

So you think what "bankers" get is fair?

You seem very, very sure of your assertions. Is this based on empirical research or are you just projecting your own desires on them?

Don't be concerned about corrupt politicians and banksters. The global economy isn't really tanking. Look, here's a video of a cat answering the phone; everything is going to be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Some would call this summary simplistic, I'm not sure I could be that polite.

It may well summarise your feelings about being an investment banker but it sure as **** doesn't cover mine or, I suspect, the people you have not canvassed.

What's the best possible outcome for the Occupy movement? As in, what's the target of this sleeping in tents thing? If they are anti-capitalism, do they have an alternative system ready to replace it? Or are they just highlighting the greed of the bankers/plutocratic powers?

So you think what "bankers" get is fair?
No and I also think there are a lot of other professions that are overpaid, what am I going to do about it, nothing except concentrate on being successful, making money and being happy.

Macky:
Just my opinion based on observations, kinda like the shit you post from time to time. I know arguments get you hard so I'll leave it there.

What's the best possible outcome for the Occupy movement? As in, what's the target of this sleeping in tents thing? If they are anti-capitalism, do they have an alternative system ready to replace it? Or are they just highlighting the greed of the bankers/plutocratic powers?

I don't know that they are anti-capitalism, but if they are they probably wasting their time seeing as we don't currently have a capitalist system. We have a corporate controlled kleptocracy that is bonding the population into debt slavery for many generations to come.

Some would call this summary simplistic, I'm not sure I could be that polite.

It may well summarise your feelings about being an investment banker but it sure as **** doesn't cover mine or, I suspect, the people you have not canvassed.

Do you bank with a Credit Union?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670