Official approach for Grayson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:038::038::038:
Totally agree with BN.... Larry isn't the way! If MM installs him as the next one to the block, it will be no more than an appeasal to the fans. Much like keeping Gerry on was when Megson was brought in.

A disciplinarian is what is required. Someone with a footballing brain who doesn't feel the need to play 8 forwards to score a goal. Someone who will stand up for themselves and mold a team the way they want it going forward, without the intrusion of a crazy chairman. Finally someone who will smack the living sh ite out of the cowardly non footballers we currently employ.

Out of the possible candidates, i would like to see Ince in or Davies, both with experience in diff areas; Ince's footballing experience is excellent, along with a couple of lower league promotions. Davies has taken a crap side to the prem....Mad Mandy should be throwing money at them, forget Grayson IMO!

if you take away the fact that he played for us 10 years ago, he would not be on the radar.

All fans over a certain age to remember those days will probably actually refer if he deosn't get the job. It is far more likely that it will feck up his managerial career totally when he is given the elbow in November.

He's seems like a great bloke, will always be fave from the past and good luck to him.....just elsewhere.

So taking up Blackpool and keeping them in the championship with no cash whilst we got relegated with lots of cash aren't reasonable credentials?. Furthermore Larry may just have the right temperament to be able to deal with/placate MM. He sounds just the ticket to me. Some of the attributes he will have is that he has seen how a team should be run (i.e under MO'N) and he has proved that he can get a team promoted and keep them up i.e Blackpool !!!
I don't know if you realise it but we are Div 3 with a megolomaniac as a chairman we are not exactly going to be top of every managers list of places that they want to be !! So all things considered Larry would be a good choice in my view.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe the animosity towards SG or the total conviction of some posters on here who clearly "know" who's best for the club. Whoever is chosen by MM has my best wishes and I hope he does really well. Step forward Mr X.

I do. It's just a struggle being positive about Leicester City nowadays.

I'm commenting on a club that's just completed it's worst season ever and is rudderless with a complete loon in charge of deciding on the new rudder.

If Ince or Davies or even Sanchez is appointed I'll have positive things to say. Anyone positive about the potential appointment of Simon Grayson as manager of Leicester City is knocking on the asylum doors as far as I'm concerned.

I've got three criteria for the new manager:

1. Be strong enough to stand up to, and gain the respect of, the owner.
2. Be strong enough to tackle the dire attitude and spirit amongst the playing staff.
3. Be strong enough to handle the responsibility and pressure this job will undoubtedly require.

SG fails all three criteria for me. Hence I cannot fathom his name even being discussed. Maybe he might be able to do all these things one day. However, there is no evidence that he can do any of them right now.

Can I add:

4. Be strong enough to stand up to and unite the fans.

I don't think anybody can deny that the mutterings from fans about managers in the past few years has had a disheartening effect on us all.

Can I add:

I don't think anybody can deny that the mutterings from fans about managers in the past few years has had a disheartening effect on us all.

Do you think any of the mentioned name could bring that?

A disciplinarian is what is required. Someone with a footballing brain who doesn't feel the need to play 8 forwards to score a goal. Someone who will stand up for themselves and mold a team the way they want it going forward, without the intrusion of a crazy chairman. Finally someone who will smack the living sh ite out of the cowardly non footballers we currently employ.

....Coz these kind of Managers grow on trees, of course.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I add:

I agree with the sentiment boc, but the reality is that this ball is firmly in MM's court. He has to back his next selection properly. He has to announce it as a long term appointment and commit his support to the new boss irrespective of choppy waters. Does anyone think he'll do this? Of course not.

In my opinion, supporters can never unite with a manager whilst they see the owner quoting 'if I need 20 managers, blah, blah'. No manager since he's been here have looked like they dare put their feet under the table. This destablises the manager/owner relationship, the manager/player relationship and the manager/supporter relationship.

If nothing else, this proves that MM's ego exceeds his business sense when it comes to football. It's also why I hold him primarily responsible for our relegation.

Is there an official approach for Grayson, a formal mode of speech - a special uniform? If I have to bow and scrape I don't want him!

In my opinion, *managers* can never unite with a *club* whilst they see the owner quoting 'if I need 20 managers, blah, blah'.

And rightly so.

Talk about 'rod for your back'. And people wonder why we haven't already appointed Jose, Arsene, Carlo...., or even Davies, Dowie etc....

I'm sure the name has been mentioned, but what about Steve Tilson. Has done a relitively good job at Southend on a poor budget. He knows the league very well, and like Blackpool, Southend may be willing to do business if the compensation is good enough. Just a thought ...

Win percentage 42%

Last edited:
Do you think any of the mentioned name could bring that?

I sometimes think that there isn't a manager in the world who could unite us. I think Megson was showing signs that he was ready to stand up to us; there were reports of a few 'words' between him and fans during his short stay - in the end, I bet he wasn't sorry to leave such an apparently ungrateful mob.

From the Lancashire Evening Post

I can't find that on their website. I did find this in the Blackpool Gazette

Grayson Foxes link won't lie

LEICESTER City were today reported to be stepping up their interest in Blackpool manager Simon Grayson.

TH1_46200855GraysonWatchStands.jpg

Foxes' owner Milan Mandaric was said to be lining up an official approach for Grayson, who has impressed in his spell at Bloomfield Road.

Grayson is a former Leicester player and still has business interests in the area.

Leicester are looking for a new boss after the departure of Ian Holloway following relegation to League One.

I agree with the sentiment boc, but the reality is that this ball is firmly in MM's court.

It's been going on since long before MM took up residence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669