Oh Leicester City, what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been unusually quiet this pre season as others have stated, there were rumours last night that long serving physio Dave Rennie has been sacked.

Although if my memory serves me correctly, in previous pre seasons when there has been a bit of summer turmoil we seem to do ok.
I sense Matty James had something to do with this.

The big news is out. Mendy has signed for another two years.

Dave Rennie is leaving the club after 20 years as head physio according to John Percy.

So Dave Rennie has left the club in a reshuffle of the backroom staff.

I will go back to the new contract for BR for my own personal conspiracy theory.

When BR got his massive pay rise, he also secured 'double your money' increases for the rest of his team - Chris Davies, Kolo Toure and Glenn Driscoll.

My speculation was that this would not have gone down at all well with the rest of the backroom staff - Rennie, Stowell, Reeves, and so on.

Hence the collapse in morale, form, etc. as the players would have been torn between two factions. BR may have attempted to resolve this during the break. It may have gone very badly judging by this.

Bit of a surprise but not quite gobsmacking.

I'm disappointed, it's been 4?? years since our last scandal which is too long.

Bodgers out!

So Dave Rennie has left the club in a reshuffle of the backroom staff.

I will go back to the new contract for BR for my own personal conspiracy theory.

When BR got his massive pay rise, he also secured 'double your money' increases for the rest of his team - Chris Davies, Kolo Toure and Glenn Driscoll.

My speculation was that this would not have gone down at all well with the rest of the backroom staff - Rennie, Stowell, Reeves, and so on.

Hence the collapse in morale, form, etc. as the players would have been torn between two factions. BR may have attempted to resolve this during the break. It may have gone very badly judging by this.

Do you believe this would've caused the players to have issues with morale and form? How torn would they really have been?

Do you believe this would've caused the players to have issues with morale and form? How torn would they really have been?

Absolutely. The old guard staff go back to NPs time and earlier. I think Dave Rennie was even here under MON.

Some of our more established players are very close to some of these staff members. If the staff members were upset about only the chosen few being rewarded, several players would have been angry too. It only takes something like that to upset a squad - and something definitely upset our squad.

Dave Rennie is very highly regarded in football as just about the best at what he does. He is the main man responsible for the fact that our injury list is one of the smallest around. There is no way we'd have got rid of him without good reason.

Percy suggests a 'backroom reshuffle' which could mean others are on their way out too. If BR has to assert his authority, it could be pretty toxic around the place and be a reason for their being no communications in/out.

All conjecture from me of course but it would add up.

Question is, why on earth would they have dumped Dave Rennie, the Club Head Physio and stalwart of many seasons

Does nobody else think that this is very very odd thing to have happened ?
I guess it all comes down to "why"?

Question is, why on earth would they have dumped Dave Rennie, the Club Head Physio and stalwart of many seasons

Does nobody else think that this is very very odd thing to have happened ?
Indeed, physio's rarely change, they don't affect the coaching or philosophy a manager wants to impose on the team. Either Rennie wants to leave, or he has done something to get sacked. If this is our 'gobsmacked' moment, and the cause of the media blackout then it must be the latter.

Hes been a big influence around the place for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566