Oh Leicester City, what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get why people are concerned to be fair.

We have a paper-thin squad and have an extra competition to play in next season.

We're starting the season without Evans, Ricardo, Maddison and Fuchs and have sold Chilwell. Yet no one has come in or looks to be coming in anytime soon. Even if they do there's very little time for the to integrate and we'd have to throw them in the desk end.

And this is on the back of winning 4 of our last 17 games at the end of last season and fans not having much to cheer about since December last year.

I don't think it's anything like panic stations as when the likes of Evans, Maddison and Ricardo are back we do have a very good XI. But going into the season we do look a bit weak and West Brom must be rubbing their hands together as it's the perfect time to play against us. I understand why people might be concerned that they can see a poor start happening which could see us having to play catch up all season while confidence sinks even lower.
Yep, I get that Prof.

Hearing about player revolts from the usual suspects lead by our goalkeeper. Brendon on borrowed time etc Surely a manager in that predicament would escalate the problem and root out the trouble makers ?

Hearing about player revolts from the usual suspects lead by our goalkeeper. Brendon on borrowed time etc Surely a manager in that predicament would escalate the problem and root out the trouble makers ?

Might as well let Kasper be the manager.

Just out of interest, does anyone reckon this could be true? I've heard loads over the years of "player power" at our club but it's always been denied (obviously) and then forgotten about until the next time.

Maybe Brendan is sorting that out so the players realise who's the boss and they don't like that. He strikes me as a mean bastard if you disrespect him. Here's to hoping he can straighten them out. If the players are being tossers and think they're able to dow what they want then they need to be sorted out.

Sauce, source, sores?

Nothing would surprise me.

If there is internal problems with in the clubs senior management, BR, LC, Rudkin, Rennie etc ..it's up to Top to sort it out and lay down the law. You can't have fighting at the top, it filters down and screws up the culture of a club.

Incidentally, BR is not bigger than this club. (Although his ego might be) if he needs control of recruitment and doesn't buy into our successful transfer policy then good bye

No smoke without fire, it's a funny one, almost as soon as Brendan signed his new contract it coincided with the wheels falling off. At the Everton match where we scored the last minute winner the whole place seemed so tight knit, yet in a matter of days/weeks it seemed to change and the rot set in.

Maybe the players feel like he held a gun to Top's head with the Arsenal speculation and he lost a lot of respect. Our club is pretty unique in terms of the senior players being so close to the owners, players like Wes, Kasper and Vards have been here 8-10 years and pretty much been here for the entire King Power journey, there loyalty to Top and the family is there for all to see and if they believe a manager is not delivering or not aligned with the clubs culture they will rightly speak up, not as trouble makers but because they care so deeply, if they didn't they would have left a long time ago.

Interestingly the only manager where there hasn't been concerns of player power or mass revolts was Pearson, he did have individual battles with players but never did he lose the dressing room and he was well respected by most if not all the players.

There are a lot of people making up a lot of shit so it can be hard to distinguish. Sometimes (possibly not on this occasion, I don’t know) there is just bullshit and no smoke or fire.

Why not try to ignore all the twitter bullshit anyway and just deal in what we know? Life's a bit easier that way.

Or we could all get up in arms and cause a kerfuffle. We could lament the lack of signings, that we have a paper thin squad with the season about to start in 5.5 seconds and we're gonna lose the first 10 matches as we have no confidence or belief and can't play football. Then finish 16th with Pearson in charge followed by his subsequent sacking after throttling Ian Stringer and denouncing him as "the quintessential Ostrich."

Forget making life easier. Let's stress ourselves out and speculate that Danny Rose is our new left-back, that we took a recent loan out and are broke, and how much it'll cost us for the new physio tables we will have to invest in when Dave Rennie leaves after being here since the inception of Leicester Fosse thus rendering everyone injured apart from Vardy who will play with no limbs and still be top scorer.

I would much rather prefer to moan about Brendon Rogers. Correct the spelling of Brendan Rodgers. Complain that Congerlton can't do his job, that him and Sean from Enderby are actually having a lover's tiff and that Top is about to sell up because Kasper wants a wage increase due to his insecurities after Rudkin said he wasn't as good as his dad, which led to a tense altercation with Susan Whelan who had nothing to say but "um" every second word. I'm feeling just lovely thinking about it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363