OMFGLOLWTFROFL - John Terry has had a sex change!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Gruntled Member
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/4076812._NHS_is_exploiting_my_life____claims_transsexual/

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Transsexuality is recognised as a medical condition, and the NHS pays for transgender operations.
I'd love for somebody from the NHS to explain that to the parents of the little girl in our village who died of cancer because the NHS wouldn't/couldn't pay for the treatment.

I'd love for somebody from the NHS to explain that to the parents of the little girl in our village who died of cancer because the NHS wouldn't/couldn't pay for the treatment.

Sums this country up.

What a very "Sun" thing to say

Are you suggesting that the NHS should pay for transgender operations when it can't afford to pay for the treatment of a young girl with cancer? :102:

Are you suggesting that the NHS should pay for transgender operations when it can't afford to pay for the treatment of a young girl with cancer? :102:

It depends on the circumstances, but there are some cases where it would be justified.

The sex change thing could have turned a suicidal person into someone who contributes to society. The cancer thing may have just prolonged the suffering of someone who would die soon even with treatment.

It depends on the circumstances, but there are some cases where it would be justified.

The sex change thing could have turned a suicidal person into someone who contributes to society. The cancer thing may have just prolonged the suffering of someone who would die soon even with treatment.
Unfortunately we don't all get in life what we initially had hoped for in life. I wanted to be a TV cameraman, I'm not, but I cope. Some people want things and are limited by their abilities.

If I were to be offered the choice of becoming a TV cameraman but the budget would have to come out of a mixed pot which could potentially mean that a sick child might die, I'd like to think I'd turn down the opportunity no matter how much upset it was causing me

What you are talking about, Jeff, are "coulds" and "ifs". In this case your example is wrong as there was life saving treatment available, but only in the USA. I don't like to dwell on this case as it's just one of thousands.

Last edited:
Unfortunately we don't all get in life what we initially had hoped for in life. I wanted to be a TV cameraman, I'm not, but I cope. Some people want things and are limited by their abilities.

If I were to be offered the choice of becoming a TV cameraman but the budget would have to come out of a mixed pot which could potentially mean that a sick child might die, I'd like to think I'd turn down the opportunity no matter how much upset it was causing me

What you are talking about, Jeff, are "coulds" and "ifs". In this case your example is wrong as there was life saving treatment available, but only in the USA. I don't like to dwell on this case as it's just one of thousands.

(In the voice of the comic book guy from The Simpsons) "Worst comparison ever."

Is it fair that someone who smokes and gets cancer gets treated over a young child? Is it fair that drug addicts get substances to help them try and kick the habit over a young child? Should a 80 year who has cancer get treated instead of a young child?

The list could go on all night

P.S It is a very funny photo :)

Last edited:
Is it fair that someone who smokes and gets cancer gets treated over a young child? Is it fair that drug addicts get substances to help them try and kick the habit over a young child? Should a 80 year who has cancer get treated instead of a young child?

The list could go on all night
All the above you have just mentioned have genuine medical illnesses or addictions.

Maybe I'm not as clever as you lot, maybe I just see things too simply.

All the above you have just mentioned have genuine medical illnesses or addictions.

Maybe I'm not as clever as you lot, maybe I just see things too simply.

Some would say caused by the people themselves.

I think you just like to pick on the easy targets

Operations for these people who want to change sex should not be paid for by the NHS.
Let the ****ers end it if they want to, see what I care, but it would save the NHS a few quid anyway.

I thought you had to pay for all medicine in the US?

By saying that the NHS shouldn't pay for transgender surgery in cases where there are severe mental issues is the same as saying depression meds shouldn't be given on the NHS IMO. I'm not saying that it should be given over a sick child, but that is just a sob comparison that bares no relationship to this case/situation at all. This woman is angry at a poster and the article mentions the NHS pay for certain transgender ops. The whole sick child aspect was introduced by yourself (I would assume to provoke the reaction is has) with no evidence to suggest that this is the reason the unfortunate girl couldn't get her medication. Indeed you even said "couldn't/wouldn't" pay, if the actual scenario was that the NHS wouldn't pay then it has even less to do with this situation. Your's and City Fans reactions where based on little or no evidence and sum up a "Sun" style opinion IMO.

Yeah, but when all is said and done, let's not forget about the picture of John Terry sitting at a bus stop dressed as a split-arse.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So some mental stress is worth paying for and some not ... If you want a sex change and can claim that it might send you off your head then you'll get money thrown at you.

Need treatment for Alzheimer's ... sorry mate, too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566