On the 12.08 from Liverpool Street...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treebeard

...I happened to rest my beady eagle eye on one Mr Milan Manderic as I strolled up the platform. So I forced my cohorts (1 leics 1 colchester 1 doncaster(!)) to sit in the same carriage so that i could pounce once the doors were closed.

Had a lovely five minute chat with him. What a nice bloke. Really open and genuine. You can tell he's a football man through and through, when he's a multi millionaire but he's strolling to the ground from Colchester train station with the rest of the fans in his Savile Row suit.

I asked him about the buy out - he huffed a little and seemed exhausted by the length of time it was all taking. He said that there were a lot of shareholders to convince, and it has dragged on. But you could tell he was adamant he'd get over any problems and get the sale through, and he said he will get it done late next week if all goes to plan.

He used a strange analogy to describe the club at this point. He likened us to a ship out at sea, bobbing around and not having any direction since we came out of administration. He said there was more work to do at the club than anyone really probably realises, and I expressed that city fans (proper ones with memories I mean), know that these things don't rectify themselves overnight and that we're a patient bunch on the whole and we all really want him to buy the club and take us back to the prem where we belong. He responded by saying "i hope the fans want that" with a slightly apprehensive sort of shrug, which I thought was nice as he clearly is a man that likes to be liked and you can tell he wants to ultimately make us all happy and to see a full Walkers going crazy as a result of his help and intervention.

The only real tit bit of info that you won't have read in the press that he let me into was that he's already discussed the immediate purchase of four players as soon as the buy out goes through. He said his main concern was ensuring we don't get dragged into a relegation fight, and from there on it's about pushing up the table. Obviously his investment is worth a lot less if we go down, so it makes sense that a large investment will come straight away rather than holding it back until the summer.

Overall tho, he was a lovely bloke who didn't mind chatting it over with me. You can really tell he's a football man, and that we're in for the most interesting time in our history under him.

And as for the game - the atmos from the blue army was great. "My microwave is bigger than this" to the tune of "oh when the saints". And how can we forget poor old "ginger bollocks" in the front row of the home support who got a fair amount of flack. As did Danny Cadamatari, who got drugs related banter from both sets of supporters, but took it all in good spirit and even made out to the home support that he had a stash in his jacket, according to my Colchester mate.

Lookin forward to catching my second away game in 5 days when you lot come down to the smoke for the Fulham game.

The Beard.

Cheers for that, good to hear ;)

All signs (including what's been said by the FT) point to that by this time next week MM will be in at last!

Great post. I caught the 12.38 train - gutted!

Atmosphere was so much better. The relationship between the fans and the players is improving - there's positivity in the air!

good post but whats with the user name :102: unsure of the use of the word "tree"

Last edited:
I think one of them players is Hughes from Portsmouth

Richard Hughes?? He would be an excellent addition to our midfield, just what we need. A combative player who's experience can be passed on to the younger lads, I think he is only early 30s at the most so should be a great loan signing. I would be very happy if we were able to get him on loan for the rest of the season!
Looks like we'll all be on here waiting for the breaking news positive or negative at the end of the this week. Started to get excited again about the takeover news!!

To allay any fears that I really am the walking forest life from the aforementioned blockbuster, rather than a 32 year old moaning bastard exiled in darkest South London, I hereby declare the latter.

I would agree and say we are exectly like said ship, the only thing he forget about was the fecking great hole in the side that is sending us down

I would agree and say we are exectly like said ship, the only thing he forget about was the fecking great hole in the side that is sending us down

and the water probably more like the pissy shit after a night on the guinness followed by a really bad curry....

To allay any fears that I really am the walking forest life from the aforementioned blockbuster, rather than a 32 year old moaning bastard exiled in darkest South London, I hereby declare the latter.

I too are in Sarf London.....We foxes are just everywhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669