One for the Atheists amongst us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melts's point was the correlation (correct me if i'm wrong Melts) and not the A=B without exception

Bingo is for birds, if you play bingo, it doesn't invalidate my statement

Why you keep making completely pointless (and blatantly obvious) statements is beyond me - but if it makes you happy then that's just super

and another

Blog_Pew_Religiosity.gif

I wonder what shape the graph would look like if you changed the GDP per capita for level of hypocrisy?

Why you keep making completely pointless (and blatantly obvious) statements is beyond me - but if it makes you happy then that's just super

i'm keeping it simple to explain why your post was irrelevant

i'm sorry if you can't see that

My Daughters sing songs about characters in books, I put this down to their ages, 5, 3 & 2.

They do however have the decency to do it in the privacy of their own home and not congregate in a group of like minded individuals.

When I ask them if they think the stories are true and do they actually believe them, they say "Don't talk like a ****, Daddy, are you ****ing stupid"?

i'm keeping it simple to explain why your post was irrelevant

i'm sorry if you can't see that

I wasn't arguing with Melts at all - I'm sure his statement was indeed correct. I have no need to dispute what his experience of religion is. Why on earth would I, when I don't even know the miserable **** ?

I was merely stating my own experience in the matter. My post did not seek to contradict his in any way, it was just a statement of fact. Quite simple, really

I'm extremely sorry (for you) if you can't see that

Last edited:
:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

quality

That's not a contradiction !

If I had said "No Melts, you are truly mistaken there. It is not for that group of people at all" then I would have contradicted him

Perhaps if I had worded it "I also know etc. etc" then you wouldn't have misunderstood quite as much as you have appear to have done

Whatever

How sad :icon_roll

if you think that coming up with a countering point to a statement isn't contradicting...

then i shall take your sad to mean great, thanks

also, watch out for black equalling white when at pedestrian crossings

if you think that coming up with a countering point to a statement isn't contradicting...

then i shall take your sad to mean great, thanks

also, watch out for black equalling white when at pedestrian crossings

I don't exactly think that you are great - I prefer to use the word 'special'

Arguements about religion are futile. The answer only comes when you are dead. Be patient and all will be revealed.

Arguements about religion are futile. The answer only comes when you are dead. Be patient and all will be revealed.

be patient and let the nutters rule the world of the living?

be patient and let the nutters rule the world of the living?
You cannot rationalise with someone who's beliefs are irrational. Religion in this country is dying a natural death. I'm happy to let them go quietly into the night with a smile on their face.
Now, where's my light sabre?

Last edited:
Religion in this country is dying a natural death.

dying perhaps, but not dead

while there's unelected bishops in the house of lords, sectarian schools, ministers who are in catholic cults, papers afraid of printing cartoons and bombing on public transport, there's still a fight to be fought

You cannot rationalise with someone who's beliefs are irrational. Religion in this country is dying a natural death. I'm happy to let them go quietly into the night with a smile on their face.
Now, where's my light sabre?
I'm happy for religion to die a natural death. It's a ****.

Only problem is, it seems to be where the foundations of this "country" lie, and as our foundations are dying, so with it are our morals, communities, and "good will to all folk" type of shit.

In it's place is what we are seeing today. We are happy to let other religions run riot over us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46