New Contract One year for Taylor Fletcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am pleased, although sentimentality may be getting in the way! I think he will play a valuable role in Cup fixtures and he may even contribute in short cameo's. He undoubtedly has good technical ability but he needs to work hard on his paunch.

Erm...assume that's due to a clause (that I think has been previously mentioned) rather than a conscious decision that he's going to be an asset in the PL.

Just can't really see when he would have an impact.

Erm...assume that's due to a clause (that I think has been previously mentioned) rather than a conscious decision that he's going to be an asset in the PL.

Just can't really see when he would have an impact.

I am sure Pearson has pretty much guaranteed that the cup will play second fiddle next season. I expect Taylor-Fletcher to play a large part in the league cup, the FA cup and the U21 side. I would also predict that he is a very good pro to have around the training ground - add your jokes here!!!

Very hmmmmm on this one.

Absolutely loved him this year but lets be honest, he was a bit part player at best and we're making a big step up next year so each and everyone of our 25 man squad is going to have to be up to standard and I don't think GTF is quite there now.

I think I'd have rather seen Lloyd given a 2-year deal than GTF given another playing contract here tbh as Lloyd could make much more of an impact.

Last edited:
There has been a new dimension to Nigel's managership since his return. He has talked about a self-governing changing room. It may be that he feels that the young players are better with Taylor-Fletcher there than without him.

My general feeling on contracts and Nigel Pearson this season echoes the Manchester United director who is supposed to have said "Mr Busby has asked our opinion and Mr Busby should do what he bloody well likes."
At the moment if Nigel Pearson offered a contract to Ade Akinbiyi I would assume it was astute management.

There's nothing in this. He was entitled to an extra year under the terms of his contract but there's no reason to expect him to be part of the squad next season as a result. NP has probably just given him some extra leverage in getting another club.

How can you not love the guy...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been quite surprised with him since he's been here. He's a much cleverer (is that a word?) player than i've ever given him credit for. Reminds me of Ian Marshal for no reason in particularly.

That said, I think the Prem might be a step to far. Hopefully he'll prove us wrong.

Last edited:
Good luck to him, useful squad player at times this season. I'm sure it was mentioned on here he had an extension in his contract after 20 games.

Good luck to him, useful squad player at times this season. I'm sure it was mentioned on here he had an extension in his contract after 20 games.
It has been mentioned, yes. And quite recently too.

And anyways, a good man to have about over the season, bags of experience and a huge bottom.

Well I ****ing love the bloke and am I delighted
Me too. He will obviously be a bit part player next season, but NP in his interview after the Burnley away game implied he was a good influence to have around the place. I guess he might have a little hand in some of the coaching going forward.

Great stuff, good bloke to have around the place.

Nice.

In the video Gary started his five for dinner shrewdly. He chose his wife and then spoiled it by saying she could do the cooking; he didn't mention the washing up. The drinks would be a problem - Gazza is an alcoholic, Ali does not drink alcohol and John Lennon during his long hair, Maharishi phase would have gone for something really pretentious.

Two of his guests had met. In 1964 the Beatles met the then Cassius Clay for what only later became famous photographs. The Beatles were annoyed because they thought they were going to meet Sonny Liston the champion rather than the loser - Clay was 7-1 against and everyone including me knew Liston would win. Clay was also unimpressed and after the Beatles had gone asked legendary boxing writer Robert Lipscombe "who were those fags" - though Lipscombe has recently softened it to who were those cissies"

As a Liverpool fan I would have expected Gary's 5th choice to be Bill Shankly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566