New Contract One year for Taylor Fletcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the video Gary started his five for dinner shrewdly. He chose his wife and then spoiled it by saying she could do the cooking; he didn't mention the washing up. The drinks would be a problem - Gazza is an alcoholic, Ali does not drink alcohol and John Lennon during his long hair, Maharishi phase would have gone for something really pretentious.

Two of his guests had met. In 1964 the Beatles met the then Cassius Clay for what only later became famous photographs. The Beatles were annoyed because they thought they were going to meet Sonny Liston the champion rather than the loser - Clay was 7-1 against and everyone including me knew Liston would win. Clay was also unimpressed and after the Beatles had gone asked legendary boxing writer Robert Lipscombe "who were those fags" - though Lipscombe has recently softened it to who were those cissies"

As a Liverpool fan I would have expected Gary's 5th choice to be Bill Shankly..

I've drank beer. But should I still know what your talking about?

I've drank beer. But should I still know what your talking about?

In the video Gary Taylor-Fletcher picks his wife, Gazza, Lennon and Ali as his dinner guests.

I don't think it is the beer that is the problem. The meeting was fifty years ago.
John Lennon was one of the Beatles.
Cassius Clay was the original name of Mohammed Ali.
Two of Gary's guests had met previously in 1964 in what later became seen as an iconic 1960s moment.

I don't know your age but I revered Liston and Ali in a way that perhaps your generation revere Nick Clegg and Susan Boyle .

In the video Gary Taylor-Fletcher picks his wife, Gazza, Lennon and Ali as his dinner guests.

I don't think it is the beer that is the problem. The meeting was fifty years ago.
Two of Gary's guests had met previously in 1964 in what later became seen as an iconic 1960s moment.

I don't know your age but I revered Liston and Ali in a way that perhaps your generation revere Nick Clegg and Susan Boyle .

More like Mr Tumble and Upsy Daisy.

Love your writing.

Which video?

Comedy or irony? I think we should be told.

The video is post number 9 in this thread and is by Micky.

The first part of the sentence is pure homage. The Liston of 1960 and the Ali of 1965 were for me the best heavyweights of all time.
The second part of the sentence with Susan Boyle and Nick Clegg is not comedy or irony but pure provocation.

In the video Gary started his five for dinner shrewdly. He chose his wife and then spoiled it by saying she could do the cooking; he didn't mention the washing up. The drinks would be a problem - Gazza is an alcoholic, Ali does not drink alcohol and John Lennon during his long hair, Maharishi phase would have gone for something really pretentious.

Two of his guests had met. In 1964 the Beatles met the then Cassius Clay for what only later became famous photographs. The Beatles were annoyed because they thought they were going to meet Sonny Liston the champion rather than the loser - Clay was 7-1 against and everyone including me knew Liston would win. Clay was also unimpressed and after the Beatles had gone asked legendary boxing writer Robert Lipscombe "who were those fags" - though Lipscombe has recently softened it to who were those cissies"

As a Liverpool fan I would have expected Gary's 5th choice to be Bill Shankly..

I've drank beer, wine and brandy and I love your postings. Didn't realise you are only a Lpool troll until now though í*½í¸‰. Oh well, guess we will see more trolls next season.

I've drank beer, wine and brandy and I love your postings. Didn't realise you are only a Lpool troll until now though �*����. Oh well, guess we will see more trolls next season.
Who DavieG or GTF? Lay off the brandy ;)

The video is post number 9 in this thread and is by Micky.

Thank you. I now realise that I had only watched the first minute of it and therefore didn't realise what you were referring to.

The second part of the sentence with Susan Boyle and Nick Clegg is not comedy or irony but pure provocation.

These two 'characters' in juxtaposition is fascinating. Congratulations!

:038:

Slightly older than that :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572