Open meeting points to be aired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxes_Trust

Club Calls Open Meeting....

We are glad that the club has listened to what we have said and called the meeting.

The previous time we got a meeting arranged like this, we were let down by a lack of fans who had previously bitterly complaineed about his issue, without Nagerz from the Fox m/b it would have been a complete waste of time.

We need a body of fans to turn up this time who will passionately put forward their case.

This is our chance to get our views over and gain some agreement on what is acceptable behaviour, please don't miss your chance otherwise it will turn into a library

Here's the statement
http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~732548,00.html

Re: Club Calls Open Meeting....

I am going to try and get there. They need telling that swearing, standing momentarily and pointing/shouting etc is not behaviour worthy of ejection.

The club are moaning about the atmosphere but are then being heavy handed with the people trying to create the atmosphere.

Wake up a smell the coffee LCFC, you cant have both, anyways its a football stadium not a doctors waiting room ffs.

yer !! what he said .....we will go together duzzer united in our cause :038::038: is the bar open ;)

Thing is FT, a large proportion of the most articulate and entertaining posters on the Fox m/b don't live in Leicester, so are unlikely to be able to attend even if they have the inclination. I haven't been on this board long enough to know, but I suspect the same may apply here - I think it's one reason fans like message boards, cos they don't have fellow Leicester fans in their workplace? I'd possibly come to this is I lived in Leicester, but from London? Nah. Hope something comes of it though, because this seems to be turning into an issue that could cost the club some loyal fans.

lazzer said:
yer !! what he said .....we will go together duzzer united in our cause :038::038: is the bar open ;)

It never usually is :frown:

I think the Foxes Trust should stick £500 behind the bar to attract people :icon_lol:

Aside from that, Durham's first sentence is spot on.

good call duzz but your being a tad selfish ....what about the others :icon_lol:

DurhamFox said:
I think the Foxes Trust should stick £500 behind the bar to attract people :icon_lol:

That would cover the first 5 minutes..

Polar Bear said:
Thing is FT, a large proportion of the most articulate and entertaining posters on the Fox m/b don't live in Leicester, so are unlikely to be able to attend even if they have the inclination. I haven't been on this board long enough to know, but I suspect the same may apply here - I think it's one reason fans like message boards, cos they don't have fellow Leicester fans in their workplace? I'd possibly come to this is I lived in Leicester, but from London? Nah. Hope something comes of it though, because this seems to be turning into an issue that could cost the club some loyal fans.

I live in Hinckley and will be at this meeting. Anyone who wants to make a point should post it here....

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7852

I will print it out and take it with me and hand it to Peter Jones before the meeting.

Last edited:

Fair play to city for having this meeting. Hope something good comes out of it and action is taken.

lazzer said:
good call duzz but your being a tad selfish ....what about the others :icon_lol:

I wonder if that big fat ginger haired bloke in the 1980's clobber will turn up?

highland fox said:
I wonder if that big fat ginger haired bloke in the 1980's clobber will turn up?

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Please post your points you want to be considered at the open meeting regarding stewarding etc here.

I will take them along to the meeting and hand them to Peter Jones before the meeting. Please do try to go to the meeting if you have a point to raise but failing that then type it here and it will be passed on to the club. It would be great if people could put their full name underneath their comment but if not then PM me with it or put your username.

Last edited:

I just hope that those of you who live down there have the time to go. My main gripe is the attitude of some stewards towards the fans is terrible eg v Burnley 45 minutes before kick off a steward in front of the East Stand told 5 or 6 young lads to sit in their seats! Then when a mate of theirs came to talk to them he had a go at him as well. Totally unjustified.
The one question I would like answered before the meeting is what exactly the complaints from other fans were that led to the ejection(s) on Sunday.
As someone who has had run-ins with people near us because we are 'too loud' and 'express crap opinions' I would be interested to know exactly what the complaints were that led to all these problems.

cleefox said:
I just hope that those of you who live down there have the time to go. My main gripe is the attitude of some stewards towards the fans is terrible eg v Burnley 45 minutes before kick off a steward in front of the East Stand told 5 or 6 young lads to sit in their seats! Then when a mate of theirs came to talk to them he had a go at him as well. Totally unjustified.
The one question I would like answered before the meeting is what exactly the complaints from other fans were that led to the ejection(s) on Sunday.
As someone who has had run-ins with people near us because we are 'too loud' and 'express crap opinions' I would be interested to know exactly what the complaints were that led to all these problems.

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7852

why are leicester shit

Good call Tim - I can't be there, I am working, but anyone who goes please argue for consistency. I think L1 should be members and season ticket holders only. That way anyone who goes over the top can be easily identified.

And anyone who buys a ticket for that block knows they can expect gestures, 'occasional' standing, strong language and the usual banter hurled at away fans, so nobody of a sensitive disposition should go there.

I also have a thing about banning smoking everywhere in the stadium but I might start a separate thread to climb up on that particular high horse!

Also we only need to charge £8/£1 for adult/child for a cup game to generate the same sell out gate receipts that Sunderland did against Arsenal with 48000 at £5/£1. Well done Sunderland. I bet they now have lots of new fans now because of it.

If there is time please raise the smoking issue. My wife and I would both prefer no smoking anywhere inside the stadium for the comfort and health of ourselves and our young grandchildren, but that is a future discussion. For now we would just like the current policy enforced. i.e. no smoking in the concourses. It is seriously abused and not even patrolled by stewards, let alone enforced. We think it is a disgrace that people can queue for food while smoking. We are not going to challenge a 22st fan in indeterminate state of mind. The stewards are fast to react to stuff in the ground. It is time they were told to act in the concourses where they are never even seen.

Mike Welsh STH

Last edited:
T.Davies :018:

Open meeting - Put up or shut up!

Lads this is going to be the best chance we will ever get to sort this issue out once and for all. I prey this open meeting is not a farce like the last fans forum I attended, when only about half a dozen turned up to vent our frustration of being suffocated when trying to support our team!

FT, this really does need promoting. The club should, at a minimum, send letters to season ticket holders, in Block L1 and the Kop (They were only too willing to do so when they threatened to ban us all two years ago!) not everyone has internet access or reads the message boards.

Dare say the S.A.G will be there in full force to vent crap out their arris'oles like last time, had more people been there last time then we wouldn't have felt like naughty boys being made to stand in the corner and we could have told 'em where to shove their regulations and pointed out the different interpretation of the safety act at other clubs.

Also dare say Kevin Barclay will be there, who is just as bad as the S.A.G. I got booted out once for flicking up the V's once too often at the Manyoo fans when we got sent down at our last season at filbo. Upon appeal had my ban reduced to 1 game instead of 3, the ban was fair enough as was over the top that day, I admit that. I went to meet Mr. Nazi Barclay to collect my season ticket book on the day of the Spurs game. Before I could even say sorry for being a mouthy tvvat and wasting his time I was told "If you ever put one foot out of line again I will have your bollox on a skewer and do my up most to make sure you're banned from every football ground in the country" Could understand his anger if I'd been wielding a knife at manyoo fans or throwing coins but didn't think it was very pleasant for a man in such authority to come out with a statement like that. What a coont!

Back to the original point, lads lets get this sorted, Lets turn out in force, defend our right to support our club within reasonable means and not be intimidated in our own home! It's now or never!

BLUE ARMY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670