Ormondroyd says Foxes will go up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

_45011784_45011695.jpg

Former Leicester City striker Ian Ormondroyd has said the club have enough fire power up front to gain promotion back to the Championship.

Ormondroyd has been back in Leicester to meet up with other members of the squad that beat Derby in the 1994 play-off final at Wembley.

He told BBC Radio Leicester: "They've got Fryatt and Howard up front - they're at least Championship players.

- - -
"With Dickov coming back as well, I think they'll go up." :icon_roll

Well that's good to here - I feel loads better now.

In fairness Fryatt is playing very well at the moment. Look at him, he's scored 6 goals in 6 games. I think there's a genuine god chance he could bag 20-25 by the end of the season.

Perhaps he's just a late developer, and of we go back up he could take that form into the Championship.

Fryatt takes the piss in scoring, he has loads of chances and buries the odd one or two, like the hightlights from the game on saturday, he should have scored his first chance when he was one on one but he fukd it and then made up on the rebound on a more of a open goal,

Howard is coming to some good use but i would rather see him sold and a tall striker with some pace brought into the team that can also win headers and score with his head.

Dickov needs to start a game so he can show what he is made of, i am sure if he had the chances that fryatt has had he would have scored them with ease.

Howard and Fryatt are too slow for the Championship. At the moment I don't see the point in having Dickov here unless NP tells him to play in the penalty area.

Howard is coming to some good use but i would rather see him sold and a tall striker with some pace brought into the team that can also win headers and score with his head

like who?

:icon_roll

bearing in mind, we'd get about 700k for Howard and we're in League One, lest you forget

In fairness Fryatt is playing very well at the moment.
No he isn't, he's playing shit. Despite his shitness, he is just scoring enough.

But fortunately for him and for us, we're not conceding enough goals for this to be an issue.

If we start to concede two goals a game, his misses could cost him his place.

stark raving bonkers if you ask me

Me too,it might be playing shite and doing feck all but he is scoring goals and that is all that matters.Seems people always want to try and find someone to have a pop at :102:If its not Fryatt then it seems Martin

Last edited:
You are all loonies!

Just as all that glisters is not gold, all that's brown and smelly is not shit.
A goal a match is a phenomenal strike rate, and even if he doesn't keep it up (as is quite likely) its almost a third of the way to the magical 20 goal haul we've been lamenting the lack of for all these years (after just six games). ie. he may look shit but he is not shit, and it would be crazy to drop a striker in that kind of form.

As for the strike rate - surely the 1 in 5 ratio simply shows he is far better at carving out opportunties than the other strikers, and its the goals actually actually scored that count.

You are all loonies!

Just as all that glisters is not gold, all that's brown and smelly is not shit.
A goal a match is a phenomenal strike rate, and even if he doesn't keep it up (as is quite likely) its almost a third of the way to the magical 20 goal haul we've been lamenting the lack of for all these years (after just six games). ie. he may look shit but he is not shit, and it would be crazy to drop a striker in that kind of form.

As for the strike rate - surely the 1 in 5 ratio simply shows he is far better at carving out opportunties than the other strikers, and its the goals actually actually scored that count.

I started this before all the similar resonses to Spanky Fox and others.

It's amazing there was even a debate about it. You know, he's a striker, he's got 6 in 6. He's doing his job well, let's keep playing him... etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00