Other teams' results

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean the local derby angle?
I'm going to go ahead and opt out of that one too. I wanted Derby to win because QPR are a horrible little club with a ****wipe of a manager, a shit ground and a crowd of arseholes on the pitch. Plus, I don't like going to ****ing London to get ripped off every time I want to eat, piss or blow my nose.

You mean the local derby angle? I suppose that would be a good reason too but Derby haven't been much of a challenge to beat for a while now & that tends to take the edge off a bit.In the scheme of things I reckon wanting them to go up because they'd be weak next season in all probability makes more sense.Although obviously it'd add to the fun to watch us stick 4 past them again.I guess we'll just have to stick 4 past QPR instead & make do with that.We'll more than likely end up on the wrong end of a few beltings so it'd be nice to be on the right end of at least one.
Personally, I wanted the Sheep and the Trees to go up with us purely so that we would get to play them both next season. If we can't play them, we can't beat them, simple as that. I haven't ever wanted them to go up because I considered them to be an easy three points.

Also, judging by the majority of posts on the subject, it seems to me that a lot of people wanting the Sheep to go up was based on their dislike of QPR, and of 'Arry in particular.

Agreed.My dislike of 'arry the arsehole is as intense as anybody's as my post probably makes clear.Let the summer of fun begin.Should be a laugh watching the parade of ****s arriving at Loftus Road between now & August.

Last edited:
Well I had a good giggle at Derby's expense. A dominant, but ultimately weak performance from them. Much like their effort in a certain play off final twenty years ago.

I have no reason to dislike QPR or Redknapp so don't really understand the vitriol. QPR are a bit of shambles of a side and it's going to take something extraordinary to make them stable in the Premier League next season. I foresee another year of turbulence and exploitation for them.

Well I had a good giggle at Derby's expense. A dominant, but ultimately weak performance from them. Much like their effort in a certain play off final twenty years ago.

I have no reason to dislike QPR or Redknapp so don't really understand the vitriol. QPR are a bit of shambles of a side and it's going to take something extraordinary to make them stable in the Premier League next season. I foresee another year of turbulence and exploitation for them.
Here's hoping :)

Incredibly i just heard the commentator say that simeone deserves manager of the season, nay decade for his achievements. Unbelievable - havent they seen what dyche has done this year?

Can't agree with that.I've loved what Atletico have done in La Liga & the CL this season especially considering the lack of resources they have compared to the teams they've been up against.The La Liga title race mirrored the Prem with the crucial difference that the outsider actually won it even when it looked like they'd blown it.

So well done to them & to Simeone.Shame it didn't quite come off on the biggest stage though.

& of course at the very end we had the true face of modern football reasserting itself.Ronaldo going down in the box after being brushed against by a set of bootlaces & then making sure all the photos tomorrow will be of his shirtless pose despite having done **** all in the game.

Can't agree with that.I've loved what Atletico have done in La Liga & the CL this season especially considering the lack of resources they have compared to the teams they've been up against.The La Liga title race mirrored the Prem with the crucial difference that the outsider actually won it even when it looked like they'd blown it.

So well done to them & to Simeone.Shame it didn't quite come off on the biggest stage though.
:023:

I understand they have overachieved with limited resources, but they've played some bloody awful football along the way.

As I get older I've found I enjoy aesthetic more and more in my football.

We each have reasons for watching the game.

As for Ronaldo...I just laugh at the absurdity of it.

Last edited:
I do agree really.We'd all love to watch stunning & inspiring football but sadly we're long past the time when anyone but the biggest teams can actually produce it & it gets very boring watching the same handful of teams winning everything.

The very worst of it though is Chelsea.A team WITH almost limitless resources who play as if they didn't have any.No excuse for that.Especially when you compound it by having the cheek to criticise much lesser clubs for playing defensively against you.

Ah well...on to the world cup we go.At least that should give me the chance to enjoy Ronaldo crying.

Agreed 100% on Chelsea.

I'd really have the hump if I were a Chelsea fan. They have no reason to play that way and they've won **** all this year to go along with it.

QPR are the same. With that squad they went out against derby and played scared. And worse...it ****ing worked.

I was glad to see Arsenal win the cup because I enjoy the way they play. And we've played some lovely stuff this year...I would hate to see us abandon it.

There's a circus in the town, in the town
Steve McClaren is the clown, is the clown
and they're all in tears, crying in the beers
cause Derby County's staying down, staying down
:icon_bigg

:icon_bigg

Isn't it nice that F!"£$t and the shaggers can continue their ever so friendly rivalry by inviting each other to their respective stadiums for another season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670