Our PL season is now 7 games in - what's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ncluding today, we have 12 matches in 37 days. That's literally 3 days per match. Our entire season is shaped by this next 5 or so weeks. We could be in the next part of the Europa League, Semi-final of the League Cup, and even top 6 in the PL, or languishing mid-lower table and out of the aforementioned cups by Jan 2nd.
We're guaranteed to be still in Europe though. We can't now finish bottom of our group so at least a place in the Europa Conference Thingee knockout stage is now assured.

Happy days!

Season started yesterday.

Big chance for them to show they actually want it over the next month

3 days! Bloody hell, that feels far too long for a football match... Why have they changed it from 90 minutes?
Pretty sure they all feel like 3 days at the minute. I've taken to listening to audio books throughout games, just to help me through them.

It's fair to say that there is more excitement and action in this one minute video than our entire season so far.

I dunno. As good as the video is, I think I still prefer watching is beat Manure.

Comment from BR on our slow starts:

“I think it’s something that goes back, that predates my time coming in,” Rodgers said. “That was something that was mentioned about the team.

“You go into a game and your idea and your principles are to create a plan that’s based around the clarity and idea of how you want to work, which we give the players.

“You’ve got to maintain that mentality to attack the game, and that’s something that we need to have a look at. Our way is to impose our style into the game and that’s something we have to be better at.

“It shouldn’t need a spark, either from the manager at half-time, or for something to happen in the game, in order to create that. That’s something we have to continually talk on, something we have done, but we have to continually repeat that message".

I think he's basically admitting that this is a problem that he's been unable to properly address in three years.

He’s talking out of his arse yet again. The amount of clap trap he has come out with recently is the sign of someone who has clearly lost the plot.

It has gone so stale. Shame we’re prepared to let it get even worse before doing the inevitable.

Have to admit, that is a load of complete horseshit

What a twat

It will always be a problem until we get hard bastard characters in the team. When did we last have any? Not since Robert Huth or Wasilewski? Our current lot are too soft and comfortable. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

It will always be a problem until we get hard bastard characters in the team. When did we last have any? Not since Robert Huth or Wasilewski? Our current lot are too soft and comfortable. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
You want Drinkwater back?

Rogers is in "it's not my fault" mode which suggests he is under pressure and cracking. He needs to start taking some responsibility if he is going to get his mojo back.

We have shit starts because we piss about at the back, concede from a corner and then decide to change our style of play from turgid sideways shite to having randomly thrown together players but passing forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757