Our PL season is now 7 games in - what's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He don't half come out with some nonsense.

I can see why the players don't have a clue what they are doing as he just massively complicates everything he says.

He's talking out of his chocolate starfish. Again. The man is in complete defensive mode now and nothing will be his fault or his responsibility. Passing it out from the back again and again and again when we are so piss poor at it really is the simplest problem to solve; tell them not to. There. Done.

Rodgers has done some fantastic things for us and I won't question the outcomes he has achieved with us but in the last 2 weeks he has blamed the fans for having an opinion, told the world that we are minnows who have been punching well above our weight and then admitted that in 34 months he has been unable to change the simplest of problems.

He's quickly losing any good will built up over his first 30 months. If he just stops being a **** for 30 seconds and goes back to getting the basics right as he did so well for the first part of his tenure then all will be fine. If he continues to vomit out excuse after excuse then he will soon be applying for the Watford job.

He's talking out of his chocolate starfish. Again. The man is in complete defensive mode now and nothing will be his fault or his responsibility. Passing it out from the back again and again and again when we are so piss poor at it really is the simplest problem to solve; tell them not to. There. Done.

Rodgers has done some fantastic things for us and I won't question the outcomes he has achieved with us but in the last 2 weeks he has blamed the fans for having an opinion, told the world that we are minnows who have been punching well above our weight and then admitted that in 34 months he has been unable to change the simplest of problems.

He's quickly losing any good will built up over his first 30 months. If he just stops being a **** for 30 seconds and goes back to getting the basics right as he did so well for the first part of his tenure then all will be fine. If he continues to vomit out excuse after excuse then he will soon be applying for the Watford job.

Have you not just made his exact point? Before he came we weren’t getting the basics right, he got us doing it… this season we have reverted to how we played before he arrived. He is saying we need to get back to what we do best.

Have you not just made his exact point? Before he came we weren’t getting the basics right, he got us doing it… this season we have reverted to how we played before he arrived. He is saying we need to get back to what we do best.
No. Read it again. It is also not what he was saying either. I'd read that again as well if I were you.

That’s how I read it… but then again when he made the comments about the fans and expectations, I also didn’t see it as excuses, but valid points…

We were a lot better at defending set pieces 3 years ago. That’s demonstrably worse. We are on pace to set historic lows there.

Comment from BR on our slow starts:

“I think it’s something that goes back, that predates my time coming in,” Rodgers said. “That was something that was mentioned about the team.

“You go into a game and your idea and your principles are to create a plan that’s based around the clarity and idea of how you want to work, which we give the players.

“You’ve got to maintain that mentality to attack the game, and that’s something that we need to have a look at. Our way is to impose our style into the game and that’s something we have to be better at.

“It shouldn’t need a spark, either from the manager at half-time, or for something to happen in the game, in order to create that. That’s something we have to continually talk on, something we have done, but we have to continually repeat that message".

I think he's basically admitting that this is a problem that he's been unable to properly address in three years.
We don’t want to hear excuses Brendan. You come with the reputation and the salary. You fix it. Like you have the last two years. Yet somehow we’re back to square one. **** knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263