Our Season So Far ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxin_oz

Our season so far ...

Blackpool 0-1. Loss At Home. (Southern 63)
Accrington Stanley 1-0 Win Away. League Cup Fixture. (Wesolowski 4)
Crystal Palace 2-2 Draw. Away. (Green 33, Campbell 63, Kisnorbo 87, Morrison 93)
Watford 4-1 Win. Home. (Hume 15, Campbell 51, Sheehan 54, De Vries 85, King 97)
Plymouth 0-0 Draw. Away.
QPR 1-1 Draw. Home. (Hume 63 pen, Leigertwood 82)
Notts Forest 3-2 Win, Away. League Cup. (Smith 1, Sheehan 31, Tyson 64, Stearman 88, Clemence 91)
Charlton 0-2 Loss Away. (Iwelumo 18, Varney 23)
Aston Villa 1-0 Win. Away. (Fryatt 76)
Stoke 1-1 Draw. Home. (Fuller 15, Fryatt 47)
Wolves 0-0 Draw. Home.
Sheffield Wed. 2-0 Win. Away. (McAuley 7, Kisnorbo 14)
Scunthorpe 0-0 Draw. Away.
Sheffield Utd. 1-0 Loss. Home. (Webber 56)
Barnsley 2-0 Win. Home. (John 22, Kisnorbo 30)
Chelsea 3-4 Loss. Away. League Cup. (McAuley 6, Lampard 20, 29, Campbell 69, Cort 74, Shevchenko 87, 94)
Colchester 1-1 Draw. Away. (John 7, Jackson 45)
Preston 1-1 Draw. Away. (Carroll 14, Campbell 59)
Burnley 0-1. Loss. home. (Gray 23)
Bristol City 2-0 Win. Away. (Stearman 23, Fryatt 90)
Cardiff 0-0 Draw. Home.
Southampton 1-2 Loss. Home. (John 32, King 45, Surman pen 56)
Burnley 1-1 Draw. Away. (Unsworth 19, Hume 78)

These are our next ten matches:

Saturday 8 WBA Home.
Tuesday 11 Ipswich Away.
Saturday 15 Hull Away.
Saturday 22 Wolves Away.
Wednesday 26th Ipswich Home.
Saturday 29th Charlton Home.
Tuesday Jan 1 QPR Away.
Saturday 12 Coventry Home.
Saturday 19 Norwich Away.
Tuesday 29 Crystal Palace Home.

West Brom, Wolves, Ipswich, Hull and Coventry are going to be tough matches for us I would think. Going on our season so far does anyone still think we have a chance at getting into the play-offs? Personally, if our form so far is anything to go by, I think we're in for a very bleak festive season.

Last edited:
Going on our season so far does anyone still think we have a chance at getting into the play-offs?

Not going by our season so far. But the eternal optimist in me says that we can still turn the corner and scrape into the top 6 by the end of the season.

Remember that magical day at Watford when Muzzy scored with a header to scrape us into the play-offs?

Not going by our season so far. But the eternal optimist in me says that we can still turn the corner and scrape into the top 6 by the end of the season.

Remember that magical day at Watford when Muzzy scored with a header to scrape us into the play-offs?

I guess I am being a bit pessimistic, but there are some really tough matches coming up and we're just not playing well. I hope we can turn the corner too but then logic kicks in and I find myself praying we get some really good talent into the squad come the January window.

Don't start that again.

You know the problems it causes on here when you mention religion :icon_wink

Maybe I should've said hoping. :083::074::angel::rain::rainbow::023:

Until last night I would be more inclined to believe in the former proposition than the latter!

Just great ... I go to all the trouble of typing out our entire season so far in the hope of stimulating discussion of football and it gets turned into another religious debate. I don't know why I bothered. I think I'll sit back and make snide comments on other people's threads from now on. It's certainly less time-consuming. :icon_conf:018:

Just great ... I go to all the trouble of typing out our entire season so far in the hope of stimulating discussion of football and it gets turned into another religious debate. I don't know why I bothered. I think I'll sit back and make snide comments on other people's threads from now on. It's certainly less time-consuming. :icon_conf:018:

It was great work foxin, and much appreciated

Other people may have just pointed to /copied the relevant page on the OS (or relied on the fact that most people on here might actually know what has gone on this season), but you chose to write it all out again, and for that we are all truly grateful for what is turning out to be a wonderful thread

We have potentially one of the best prayer bases in the division.

reading that list was more exciting than watching the games

... does anyone still think we have a chance at getting into the play-offs?

If something does not change drastically, the best we can hope for is to be clear of the threat of relegation earlier than in the past three seasons. I do not expect things to change drastically.

Other people may have just pointed to /copied the relevant page on the OS (or relied on the fact that most people on here might actually know what has gone on this season), but you chose to write it all out again, and for that we are all truly grateful for what is turning out to be a wonderful thread

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

See what I mean? Much less time-consuming. Thanks for your warmth and sincerity Homer, you don't know how much it means to me. :icon_roll

Ouch :081:

I loved it personally. I relived all the thrills and spills of that day in Scunthorpe. Beautiful.

One of the keys to this season so far is that we were promised a lot of new players in the summer. The new players arrived but with the exception of Fulup and Clemence were not as good as the ones we have already got. The players are now on their 4th manager in 18 games if you include Frank Burrows. Whoever is to blame it is certainly not Ollie. No doubt Ollie will get players in the January window but choices are always limited then. Difficult though it may be we need to show patience. Give Ollie a chance to develop the players he has got. Most importantly he deserves to still be manager in the summer to buy players he rates and get rid of those he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669