Our Season So Far ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt Ollie will get players in the January window but choices are always limited then. Difficult though it may be we need to show patience. Give Ollie a chance to develop the players he has got. Most importantly he deserves to still be manager in the summer to buy players he rates and get rid of those he doesn't.

Don't think there is much choice to be patient is there?

I don't think there will be much dealing by Holloway in January. Not a lot of point at this stage of the season and we are more likely to have a better chance of making better signings in the summer.

I think that we can write this season off. Any team changing management structures twice within the season needs a considerable period to stabalise.
On a more positive note, I am sure that Ollie will improve things with a couple of astute signings in January, but top half of the table would be an excellent outcome - and something to build upon next season.

Our season so far ...

Blackpool 0-1. Loss At Home. (Southern 63)
Accrington Stanley 1-0 Win Away. League Cup Fixture. (Wesolowski 4)
Crystal Palace 2-2 Draw. Away. (Green 33, Campbell 63, Kisnorbo 87, Morrison 93)
Watford 4-1 Win. Home. (Hume 15, Campbell 51, Sheehan 54, De Vries 85, King 97)
Plymouth 0-0 Draw. Away.
QPR 1-1 Draw. Home. (Hume 63 pen, Leigertwood 82)
Notts Forest 3-2 Win, Away. League Cup. (Smith 1, Sheehan 31, Tyson 64, Stearman 88, Clemence 91)
Charlton 0-2 Loss Away. (Iwelumo 18, Varney 23)
Aston Villa 1-0 Win. Away. (Fryatt 76)
Stoke 1-1 Draw. Home. (Fuller 15, Fryatt 47)
Wolves 0-0 Draw. Home.
Sheffield Wed. 2-0 Win. Away. (McAuley 7, Kisnorbo 14)
Scunthorpe 0-0 Draw. Away.
Sheffield Utd. 1-0 Loss. Home. (Webber 56)
Barnsley 2-0 Win. Home. (John 22, Kisnorbo 30)
Chelsea 3-4 Loss. Away. League Cup. (McAuley 6, Lampard 20, 29, Campbell 69, Cort 74, Shevchenko 87, 94)
Colchester 1-1 Draw. Away. (John 7, Jackson 45)
Preston 1-1 Draw. Away. (Carroll 14, Campbell 59)
Burnley 0-1. Loss. home. (Gray 23)
Bristol City 2-0 Win. Away. (Stearman 23, Fryatt 90)
Cardiff 0-0 Draw. Home.
Southampton 1-2 Loss. Home. (John 32, King 45, Surman pen 56)
Burnley 1-1 Draw. Away. (Unsworth 19, Hume 78)

These are our next ten matches:

Saturday 8 WBA Home.
Tuesday 11 Ipswich Away.
Saturday 15 Hull Away.
Saturday 22 Wolves Away.
Wednesday 26th Ipswich Home.
Saturday 29th Charlton Home.
Tuesday Jan 1 QPR Away.
Saturday 12 Coventry Home.
Saturday 19 Norwich Away.
Tuesday 29 Crystal Palace Home.

West Brom, Wolves, Ipswich, Hull and Coventry are going to be tough matches for us I would think. Going on our season so far does anyone still think we have a chance at getting into the play-offs? Personally, if our form so far is anything to go by, I think we're in for a very bleak festive season.
U missed the Forest 1st game out

We were 1-0 down:023:

Only lost 4 matches all season in the league. Just can't win any alas. We must be the sky TV schedulers worst nightmare - as no one scores when city are playing.

We have the tightest defence and strikers in the league - glamour all the way.

U missed the Forest 1st game out

We were 1-0 down:023:

Actually Fludie, as we let them score in the 1st minute in the re-match I didn't think it was worth putting in. But once again, thanks for your help in pointing that out. I hope Clive makes a complete recovery and lives a long and healthy life. :038:

I loved it personally. I relived all the thrills and spills of that day in Scunthorpe. Beautiful.

Glad to hear that Polar. This is what us thread posters live for. :icon_roll

I think that we can write this season off. Any team changing management structures twice within the season needs a considerable period to stabalise.
On a more positive note, I am sure that Ollie will improve things with a couple of astute signings in January, but top half of the table would be an excellent outcome - and something to build upon next season.

Good post. Although I have to deduct points for lack of sarcastic content. :023::icon_bigg

I think we need to take things slowly and set little targets for each set of games.

With that in mind we'll aim high to begin with, target one is to score a goal this month.

From there we can go on to bigger and better things and if we get a bit of festive luck we might even score twice.

I am sure that Ollie will improve things with a couple of astute signings in January
Apparently not.

"I need to assess everybody. I've got to be fair to these boys and I want to see all of them.
"I don't care about what's gone before, some of these boys have been thrown on the scrapheap," he added.

Just a small point here Ollie - if they have been cast aside by previous managers and spurned by large numbers of City fans...do you think there may be a sodding good reason why that might be and that maybe we shouldn't have to see their stupid names on a team sheet again?

Christ. i have this dreadful feeling that Elvis Hammond (ankle) is about to become plain Elvis Hammond one more time.

Apparently not.

"I need to assess everybody. I've got to be fair to these boys and I want to see all of them.
"I don't care about what's gone before, some of these boys have been thrown on the scrapheap," he added.

Just a small point here Ollie - if they have been cast aside by previous managers and spurned by large numbers of City fans...do you think there may be a sodding good reason why that might be and that maybe we shouldn't have to see their stupid names on a team sheet again?

Christ. i have this dreadful feeling that Elvis Hammond (ankle) is about to become plain Elvis Hammond one more time.

He's reminding me of Martin Allen more and more. He'll be recalling De Vries shortly and Odhiambo will be on the bench soon no doubt. :icon_wink

Last edited:
[

If fans don't like players then there is almost always a good reason. Usually it's because the player is useless.In our case the fans have endured misery for a number of seasons now and are fed up with it. Ollie hasn't had to put up with the on-going rubbish - we have.

We sometimes get claims on here that the fans pick on a player unfairly e.g. Jordan Stewart. In my opinion the reason that Jordan was given a bad time towards the end of his stay here was because the fans had seen he had some real potential - but he regressed and people questioned his motivation and commitment to the club.

If fans don't like players then there is almost always a good reason. Usually it's because the player is useless.In our case the fans have endured misery for a number of seasons now and are fed up with it. Ollie hasn't had to put up with the on-going rubbish - we have.

We sometimes get claims on here that the fans pick on a player unfairly e.g. Jordan Stewart. In my opinion the reason that Jordan was given a bad time towards the end of his stay here was because the fans had seen he had some real potential - but he regressed and people questioned his motivation and commitment to the club.

I sense a pattern here. :icon_conf

What? One of the most motivated players in the squad at the begining of the season?

Heavens to Betsy - that would be madness gone mad.

"Carl" and "Cort"

People can be incredible stupid and act like sheep.

I was actually a big fan of De Vries. In fact I had several very unpleasant posts directed at me when I suggested he should be given a chance. Not on this forum I might add. :icon_conf

I was actually a big fan of De Vries. In fact I had several very unpleasant posts directed at me when I suggested he should be given a chance. Not on this forum I might add. :icon_conf
He's not very good...but he's still better than DJ

He's not very good...but he's still better than DJ

I've always thought that we need someone with height upfront if we play hoofball. Our current strikeforce, apart from Cort (and De Vries), would get jobs as extras in Gullivers Travels. Sappleton has height but is still to prove himself in the firsts. Otherwise we need to revise our tactics and start playing attractive passing football with players getting diagonal passes and running into gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669