Out of Contract Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Powell another year and Barrington another five year contract.

Everyone else can do one.

Verma's deal added:

Unknown Contract Length:
Cisak, Rowe-Turner

Out Of Contract THIS summer:
Kisnorbo, Henderson, N'Gotty, Sappleton, Hayles, Cox, Pentney, McKay, Beswick, Powell, Edworthy, Gilbert (on loan), Martin (on loan), Cleverley (on loan), Warner (on loan), Stockdale (on loan), Ajdarevic (on loan)

Out Of Contract in summer 2010:
Logan, Porter, Hayes, Clemence, Mattock, Morrison, Dickov, Verma

Out Of Contract in summer 2011:
Wesolowski, Campbell, Howard, Oakley, Worley, Dyer, Adams, Tunchev, King A, O'Neill, Berner, Chambers, King C., Brown

Out Of Contract in summer 2012:
Gradel, Fryatt

Out Of Contract in summer 2013:
Hobbs

I can't be bothered to find out the exact dates of all these contracts, so I thought I'd just do it this way...

Kisnorbo, Henderson, N'Gotty, Hayles, Edworthy, Cox, McKay, Beswick - not offered new contracts. Now, or soon to be, ex-Leicester players.

Gilbert, Martin, Cleverley, Warner, Stockdale, Ajdarevic - loans ended, returned to parent clubs.

Unknown Contract Length:
Cisak **, Rowe-Turner **, Weale *

Sappleton, Pentney, Powell - unknown situation.

Wesolowski, Campbell, Howard, Oakley, Worley, Dyer, Adams, Tunchev, A. King, O'Neill, Berner, Chambers, C. King, Brown

Gradel, Fryatt, Neilson *

Hobbs

* in theory. No idea how long Weale's contract will be.
** are these two still around, or were they eaten by Conrad Logan?

By the way, I haven't got a clue how accurate any of this is, but nobody seems to argue. Make of it what you will...

Hmm morrison running out next summer could be a cause for concern.

You could be right. I assume they only gave him two years initially as it is quite a big leap from Conference to League One. I also reckon they will see how he plays in the Championship before offering him a new contract.

Looking at that list, I completely forgot we had Stephen Clemence, it's almost as if he has just disappeared. Anyone know his injury status?

You could be right. I assume they only gave him two years initially as it is quite a big leap from Conference to League One. I also reckon they will see how he plays in the Championship before offering him a new contract.

Looking at that list, I completely forgot we had Stephen Clemence, it's almost as if he has just disappeared. Anyone know his injury status?

I saw him in April and he said he was on track for being back to training for the pre-season. He was in the gym with Henderson and Tunchev, don't know if there have been any set-backs since though.

Hmm morrison running out next summer could be a cause for concern.

Mattock too, i'm not saying we should be cashing in this summer but it would be a shame to lose a talented young player for an amount set as compensation. I've no doubt an overspending team like Sunderland or Spurs would step in and pay a considerable amount more than that set by a tribuneral if it should come to that.

Peet joins Town kids
Next Story | Previous Story | Back to Mariners news

08:25 - 29 May 2009
1 reader has commented on this story. Click here to read their views.

Grimsby Town youth keeper Rob Peet.GOALKEEPER Rob Peet has joined Grimsby Town's Youth set-up.

The 16-year-old, from Melton Mowbray, was released by Leicester City last season after eight years with the Foxes.

He arrives at Blundell Park as a first-year scholar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never heard of him

Unknown Contract Length:
Rowe-Turner **, Weale *

Sappleton, Pentney, Powell - unknown situation.

Out Of Contract in December 2009:
Cisak

Wesolowski, Campbell, Howard, Oakley, Worley, Dyer, Adams, Tunchev, A. King, O'Neill, Berner, Chambers, C. King, Brown

Gradel, Fryatt, Neilson *

Hobbs

* in theory. No idea how long Weale's contract will be.
** is Rowe-Turner still around, or was he eaten by Conrad Logan?

I'm probably being dense, but why sign Cisak for six months? I would have expected the contract to be measured in years, not months.

I'm probably being dense, but why sign Cisak for six months? I would have expected the contract to be measured in years, not months.

It has happened before, usually with young players who have been injured so they've been given a bit longer to show the manager what they can do.

I expect they wanted to give Cisak some first team football on loan somewhere before deciding whether to offer him a contract. Our goalkeeping problems last season, including his own injury, meant that wasn't possible, so they're giving him a bit more time.

He's probably been told if he goes out on loan and does well he'll be given a longer contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566