Out of the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a sense in which women boxers, women footballers and women rugby players are especially admirable. It is easy for a boy to take up these sports but it takes real guts for a girl to overcome Victorian prehidice.

I may be in a minority here, but I don't think it is particularly pleasant to watch one woman punch seven bells out of another.

Mud wrestling however...........................

Last edited:
I may be in a minority here, but I don't think it is particularly pleasant to watch one woman punch seven bells out of another.

Mud wrestling however...........................

I did say that I would not pay to watch women's soccer, rugby or boxing. My point was that if men are free to do something then women should be equally free to do it.

Personally I do not find watching swimming particularly pleasant. That does not mean that anyone - man or woman - should be prevented from competing in it.

A number of friends who are baffled by my love of football. Far from finding football particularly pleasant would find it thoroughly boring. That is not an argument for stopping people - men or women - playing football.

I find I am rather repeating my previous points on a topic that is not that important to me. So I will finish with this post though of course I will enjoy reading the opposing views of BG, Spion etc.

Seemed to me someone who wrote lots of long words so that some people wouldn't understand; in order to make herself look clever!

All she managed to do was prove she wasn't half as clever as she thought she was. I was just starting to enjoy picking at her inaccuracies, inconsistencies and grammatical inadequacy when she got banned. Shame, really.

All she managed to do was prove she wasn't half as clever as she thought she was. I was just starting to enjoy picking at her inaccuracies, inconsistencies and grammatical inadequacy when she got banned. Shame, really.

I think you will still keep busy with the rest of us.

She wasn't banned to the best of my knowledge, just left. She'll be back, like herpes she's silently lurking.

Yes she was.

She told some lies about a moderator. When it was pointed out that she was telling lies she started making threats about legal action (not for the first time). So I banned the lying old bitch.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Yes she was.

She told some lies about a moderator. When it was pointed out that she was telling lies she started making threats about legal action (not for the first time). So I banned the lying old bitch.

:icon_bigg

Yes she was.

Actually that does ring a bell.

BM, do you let people off who may do a typo (sp) every now and then against those who are gramatically crippled?

Or is your pedantry a sweeping and unbiased assault?

:icon_wink

BM, do you let people off who may do a typo (sp) every now and then against those who are gramatically crippled?

Or is your pedantry a sweeping and unbiased assault?

:icon_wink

I don't know what that first sentence means, but I will say that I find it more fun correcting (to pick someone entirely arbitrarily) Boc than (for example) Harbs, and hence I'm more likely to pounce on a rare error by the former than pick apart every post the latter ever makes. One reason is that it's a much shorter job correcting Boc. Another is that constantly correcting Harbs would feel very much like bullying. But mostly it's because Boc's so rarely wrong, it's like striking oil.

Last edited:
I don't know what that first sentence means, but I will say that I find it more fun correcting (to pick someone entirely arbitrarily) Boc than (for example) Harbs, and hence I'm more likely to pounce on a rare error by the former than pick apart every post the latter ever makes. One reason is that it's a much shorter job correcting Boc. Another is that constantly correcting Harbs would feel very much like bullying. But mostly it's because Boc's so rarely wrong, it's like striking oil.

Ah okay, what don't you understand about my 1st sentence though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669