Oxford over again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Sharapova

Having watched City for more than a few years I definitely feel that our Championship status will be determined on the last game at home to Wolves, we will have to depend on results elsewhere, and we will stay up by the skin of our teeth. Lots of alcohol will be required to steady the nerves methinks.:beer: :119: ;)

Are we incapable of picking up 3 points before then either at Preston or Barnsley? If so then we can forget about beating Wolves.

Are we incapable of picking up 3 points before then either at Preston or Barnsley? If so then we can forget about beating Wolves.

It's just the way I feel it's going to pan out. Preston away, I'm hopeful, but realistically 0 points, then Barnsley, fighting for their lives, who knows? If it does come down to the Wolves game, I think we will win, but still depend one result or more elsewhere.

It's just the way I feel it's going to pan out. Preston away, I'm hopeful, but realistically 0 points, then Barnsley, fighting for their lives, who knows? If it does come down to the Wolves game, I think we will win, but still depend one result or more elsewhere.

I dont think I could go tot the Wolves game if that was the scenario

I dont think I could go tot the Wolves game if that was the scenario

I still remember the Oxford game, the whole Kop was Leicester fans and the Oxford fans were in the top corner of the double decker, fans climbed on to the roof of the East Stand ( and one fell through! ). Never been so nervous, much worse than play-offs or cup finals.:eek:

The worst thing about it was that the WBA game at Bath had kicked off later then ours. So even when we had finished - and won - we still had four or five minutes left before we knew the score down there. When it came through, it was absolute pandemonium - they had played a 1-1 draw. If they'd won, we would have gone down.

Last edited:
I still remember the Oxford game, the whole Kop was Leicester fans and the Oxford fans were in the top corner of the double decker, fans climbed on to the roof of the East Stand ( and one fell through! ). Never been so nervous, much worse than play-offs or cup finals.:eek:

Thats how i remember it, extremely tense. Also remember an incredible sound go round Filbo when the WBA game down at Bristol had ended and we were left with about 5 mins to hold on. I would say that day was right up alongside anything that happened in the glory years.

Last edited:
I thought that WBA game finished before ours Boc. Always remember the massive encouragement given by the fans because they suddenly knew it was in our own hands.

my recollection is that the WBA game finished after ours by a few minutes which was torture but i was only 10 at the time so could be wrong!

i think it'll go down to the wolves game but this time it will be in our own hands - who will be our tony james...?

I thought that WBA game finished before ours Boc. Always remember the massive encouragement given by the fans because they suddenly knew it was in our own hands.

WBA were playing Bristol Rovers at Twerton Park, Bath. Very small ground - took the crowd time to get in and the kick-off was delayed. Bristol Rovers had a man sent off quite early on which made it even more hairy.

oF&F says "... the Foxes gleefully accepted all three points. Minutes later came confrmation that [West Bromwich] Albion had only drawn against ten-man Bristol Rovers, and City were safe".

Our game definitely finished first by at least 3 or 4 minutes.

Last edited:
If we just need a win to stay up then I'm fine, it's if we need to rely on other results that I wont be able to bear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566