Oxford over again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redditch Fox

Having watched City for more than a few years I definitely feel that our Championship status will be determined on the last game at home to Wolves, we will have to depend on results elsewhere, and we will stay up by the skin of our teeth. Lots of alcohol will be required to steady the nerves methinks.:beer: :119: ;)

I think that we have completely forgotten how to win games and don't expect anything from Preston or Barnsley (but a point there would be a great boost).

I agree that the Wolves game will be the crunch. If they need points for their play off place then I expect they will get them. Otherwise, we might well pick up the necessary.

The thing that concerns me is our lack of physical presence. Under normal circumstances we might be able to hassle a diffident Wolves assuming they are already in the play offs - but basically we have been boys against men for much of the season and there is a real danger that Wolves could take it easy and still win.

alex

If we just need a win to stay up then I'm fine, it's if we need to rely on other results that I wont be able to bear it.

We win on Sat'day and it all starts to calm down again. I really want to start looking forward to the summer and what MM will start to bring.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
We win on Sat'day and it all starts to calm down again. I really want to start looking forward to the summer and what MM will start to bring.

Same here, a point on Sat and a win next weekend and Wolves is probably a nothing game, thats my realistic ideal.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Yeah - I do not want the Wolves game needing points for survival.

What if the choice is between that and already being certs for relegation by then?

PFKAKTF FOX

I actually believe that the game against PNE represents our best opportunity of 3 points. Whilst they have performed remarkably well I do believe that if we play at our best we can beat them and they had up until last week's 4-0 hammering of Cov looked to be suffering from jitters. I do also think we can take advantage of being away from home, the pressure will be on PNE and in recent weeks especially at home they have struggled with the added pressure and expectation of their fans.

Hazzman

I actually believe that the game against PNE represents our best opportunity of 3 points. Whilst they have performed remarkably well I do believe that if we play at our best we can beat them and they had up until last week's 4-0 hammering of Cov looked to be suffering from jitters. I do also think we can take advantage of being away from home, the pressure will be on PNE and in recent weeks especially at home they have struggled with the added pressure and expectation of their fans.

If Southend could beat them 3-2. Then we can do them.

fcukcov

The sun don’t fancy us, they have us down for a 2-0 loss.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Same here, a point on Sat and a win next weekend and Wolves is probably a nothing game, thats my realistic ideal.

!! OXYMORON ALERT !!! OXYMORON ALERT !!

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

I remember when I used to have unwarranted confidence as well.

PFKAKTF FOX

I remember when I used to have unwarranted confidence as well.

It isn't unwarranted Boc, PNE have struggled at home recently and their performances have been poor of late and they do appear to be buckling under the pressure especially when playing at home.

Boy Genius

Banned
It isn't unwarranted Boc, PNE have struggled at home recently and their performances have been poor of late and they do appear to be buckling under the pressure especially when playing at home.

like we do away......

PFKAKTF FOX

like we do away......

True, but I actually think that playing a team gunning for the play offs on their own patch will work in our favour. The expectation from the PNE supporters will be to bury us out of sight and if we can get on top then they can turn quite negative.

Darth Vodka

!! OXYMORON ALERT !!! OXYMORON ALERT !!

lol

perhaps a series of Yellow Cards for:-

- Missing/erroneous apostrophes
- Oxymorons
- Tautologies

:)

Joe_Fox

I remember when Tony James scored that goal - I was very young but remember my dad getting home in such a good mood and with so much relief and joy - that's what made me a Leicester fan in the first place.

fox58

for those that remember the Oxford game they will recall with 3 games left to play, the first 2 games that season were also away from home and we lost both of them the first one 5-2 to the mighty Swindon:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669