Palace Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
was a v good result but not such a good game(this doesnt matter 3 points):038:
But i cant help but think that the team seems very lightweight and are knocked off the ball far to easily maybury is probably the player caught out most by this.This realy needs to be addressed close season to mount a serious play off challenge next season.
The crowd sounded prety good though :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038:

i think next with maybe addition of new keeper and winger got good chance of promotion - what do you think

Just got back, don't get carried away by the result FFS. Maybury, Nissa, Gudj.., were crap. Williams and Hughes graduated with honours from the "Graham Norton School For Playing Football Like Fairies".

Welsh, Hume, Fryatt, Kisnorbo, Mcarthy highly commended, these guys did the job.

Good result, we were the better team, but we have so much more potential. These 5 players above need complementing more and the team should be built around them, if so we will be a force to be reckoned with next year

i agree Gudj was below his normal standard but i thought maybury and nissa played well nothing to exciting from them but solid - the difference tonight showed how the players are willing to work hard for eachother under kelly and look they their happy playing for us - all good signs

Nissa looked alright on the telly. :eek: :icon_conf :icon_conf The others were knocked off the ball a bit easily I would say. :confused: :102: :102: ;)

we havnt looked out of place against the "big boys" this season Palace, Reading, Leeds and therefore i think we will be a force next season, dont get me wrong theres work done but the players are confident and happy, Sylla just showed in the little time he was on how lazy he is...

good result poor game
:038::038::038::038::038::038::038:
so do we only need milwall to not win to be mathematically safe?

just got home ..
not the best entertainment but the result is absolutley awesome:038: :038: :038: :038: :038:

this is a game that we would have lost earlier in the season it just shows that the determination is now there that we was missing.:biggrin:

did anyone think morrison shouldve had a penalty? i think henderson had every right to go for the ball and you could see he was looking straight at it?

Having watched on Sky, I thought not a bad performance but not a particularly good one either.

The mark of a good team though is being able to get a win even when you don't play very well. The result is what matters.

I thought most of our players were fairly good. The strikers moved well, just didn't get enough service really. Welsh did well but every time he got to the corners he was crowded out so couldn't get the ball in most of the time.
I thought Maybury was our worst player. The two centre backs played well and keeping a clean sheet against one of the best strikeforces in the league was very impressive, especially after the ref had given McCarthy that stupid yellow card early on.

Gotta say, was impressed by both our goals. Both came from the players (Williams on the first, Fryatt on the second) really wanting the ball and not giving up, and in Williams case especially, that's nice to see. In the past couple of years we've seen players who give up too easily and just don't care enough, but our first goal came from pressurising them high up the field (and a few months ago you wouldn't really see Williams putting that kind of effort in!)

Up to 15th, the 50 points that is expected safety, which should become mathematical fact tomorrow anyway. And 5 places and points above the sheep! :)

Last edited:
Graz said:
I thought Maybury was our worst player.

I saw it on Sky as well and and he and Joey looked to be our worse players? :102: :102: :icon_conf

joe501 said:
did anyone think morrison shouldve had a penalty? i think henderson had every right to go for the ball and you could see he was looking straight at it?

I couldn't see why they thought it was a penalty. Definetely not a foul by Morrison, but the ref had to stop the play because it was a head injury anyway, and he's not really gonna give a drop ball in the area.
As you say, Henderson never took his eyes off the ball.

It's no different to what happens in pretty much every game of football, other than Morrison just didn't move at all... and Henderson made a mess of the catch.

I think Williams takes a lot of unfair stick from City fans. He might not be your 'up and at em' type midfielder but I always think he does a decent job.He would be my man of the match for tonight.Gudjonsson was crap he hasn't been the same player since announcing he was leaving even with the wonder goal.
Great result tonight, Give Kelly the job now.

Last edited:
pds said:
I think Williams takes a lot of unfair stick from City fans. He might not be your 'up and at em' type midfielder but I always think he does a decent job.He would be my man of the match for tonight.Gudjonsson was crap he hasn't been the same player since announcing he was leaving even with the wonder goal.
Great result tonight, Give Kelly the job now.

You are having a laugh aren't you? First half I agree - he played very well, second half he was vitually anonymous - MoM between the two Paddy's and Nissa IMO.

cornishfox said:
was a v good result but not such a good game(this doesnt matter 3 points):038:
But i cant help but think that the team seems very lightweight and are knocked off the ball far to easily maybury is probably the player caught out most by this.This realy needs to be addressed close season to mount a serious play off challenge next season...QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought that they looked stonger and quicker than us, first half especially

Jari Rantanen's Shorts said:
You are having a laugh aren't you? First half I agree - he played very well, second half he was vitually anonymous - MoM between the two Paddy's and Nissa IMO.

You're having a laugh ain't ya?
Nissa might have won a few headers but i can't remember him kicking a ball straight all night, sliced about everything.Everytime Williams got the ball he looked up and layed it off well to our players.I agree though Paddy M and K played very well.

pds said:
You're having a laugh ain't ya?
Nissa might have won a few headers but i can't remember him kicking a ball straight all night, sliced about everything.Everytime Williams got the ball he looked up and layed it off well to our players.I agree though Paddy M and K played very well.

I'll agree with you that the two times Williams had the ball in the second half he made use of it. Unfortuantely I don't think two possessions in 45 minutes is quite right for a central midfielder.

Edit: I'll also agree Nissa's distibution wasn;t the best, but his defence was excellent

Last edited:
Do we really need to be picking holes in the team?

We just beat a team who could have gone third in the league tonight. Does it really matter if this player was pushed of the ball or that player sliced a clearance. Lets give them all, the whole team, a pat on the back, not only for tonight but for the whole of the last few months. Collectively they'll all been magnificent. I know we all have our individual favourites and we also have those players we're not so keen on but tonight is a time for heaping praise on a set of players who have, each and every one of them in their own way, saved our club from the very real possibility of playing in the third tier of English football for the first time ever.

I say well done to everyone connected with the club. You've all been magnificent.

Please stop the stupid nit-picking...

Great result. Not the best football. As we have been all season, too easily knocked off the ball. Unusually Hume looked to be making a lot of mistakes. Fought for everything but then went and passed the ball to them. Tremendous skill from Fryatt to set up the second goal. Gets my vote as 'assist of the season'.

londonfox said:
Do we really need to be picking holes in the team?

We just beat a team who could have gone third in the league tonight. Does it really matter if this player was pushed of the ball or that player sliced a clearance. Lets give them all, the whole team, a pat on the back, not only for tonight but for the whole of the last few months. Collectively they'll all been magnificent. I know we all have our individual favourites and we also have those players we're not so keen on but tonight is a time for heaping praise on a set of players who have, each and every one of them in their own way, saved our club from the very real possibility of playing in the third tier of English football for the first time ever.

I say well done to everyone connected with the club. You've all been magnificent.

Please stop the stupid nit-picking...

I agree with most of this, but there are shortcomings in this side. :icon_razz :icon_wink ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669