Palace Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
londonfox said:
Do we really need to be picking holes in the team?

We just beat a team who could have gone third in the league tonight. Does it really matter if this player was pushed of the ball or that player sliced a clearance. Lets give them all, the whole team, a pat on the back, not only for tonight but for the whole of the last few months. Collectively they'll all been magnificent. I know we all have our individual favourites and we also have those players we're not so keen on but tonight is a time for heaping praise on a set of players who have, each and every one of them in their own way, saved our club from the very real possibility of playing in the third tier of English football for the first time ever.

I say well done to everyone connected with the club. You've all been magnificent.

Please stop the stupid nit-picking...

Well said :038:

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
Tremendous skill from Fryatt to set up the second goal. Gets my vote as 'assist of the season'.

If Palace had scored that we'd be screaming 'offside'.
Hume was miles off.

Cue the 'he wasn't interfering with play'.....

Maybe not but we were very lucky to get the 3 points....

My opinion for what its worth, (ive had a couple, :)), was that palace was one the best teams we have had at the walkers this year and that we cancelled each other out.

Yeah? I cant believe Nissa,s complete lack of distribution as well, especially when I thought I saw him in Palace's area!
Some people are never happy!!

very satisfactory we have come along way under kelly, beating a team in the top 5 with a 2 goal margin and a clean sheet was quite satisfactory.

I noticed williams was winning a lot of balls in midfield including the one that created the 1st goal, something people have said he wasnt doing before?

Watched it in a pub in central London with a couple of other foxes and an assortment of "neutrals". By the end they were all giving top marks to City - even the F****t bloke in the corner shut up, and the landlord stood us a drink.

Memorable moments: Williams' tackle, sublime twist & back-heel to put Hume through to create the first goal; Fryatt turning 3 (4?) players for the second; Sylla actually making 2 tackles - one of which worked. Overall not brilliant, but a great display against perhaps the biggest, fastest team in the division.

I reckon RK's secret is that he's got them all playing to their own strengths - and limitations - most of the time.

Can't remember Henderson being called in to action much 2nd half at all, what a great effort by our back four...

MKFox said:
Hume was miles off.

Maybe not but we were very lucky to get the 3 points....[/quote]

total bollox they were not even in it second half :102: you should switch that sky off and try watching from the stands a bit more mate ;)

I thought that palace looked stronger than us all night but they had no final product. I think this was mainly down to Kisnorbo and McCarthy who were outstanding. It has been said in other threads and I agree that we are a little lightweight around the park. This is perhaps to be expected with the age of the team. I think a big, mobile central midfielder would be a good addition and a big burly striker would also give us another option - I havn't seen O'grady so can't comment on him and I don't think de vries is the answer.

MKFox said:
Hume was miles off.

Maybe not but we were very lucky to get the 3 points....

Rules are rules and he was not interfering with play so its a goal. Makes up for the times when he is waved offside and he is not.

Very lucky does not come into it, it was a two goal win. The Palace forwards could not and did not score due to our defence which I must say was as good a performance I have seen all season from them.......

Bloody armchair supporters eh tut.............:icon_roll :icon_bigg

IMO we looked 2nd best for most of the 1st half. Distribution at times was like MA hoof and hope. There was not much good link up play between midfield and the forwards, hence we lived off scraps rather than having any continuity. They looked stronger in tackling and won too many headers for my liking. There were positive things though, and when the midfield got forward we actually looked good. Defence did well to restrict Palace to only limited chances. Great result but plenty to work at.

Brauny Blue said:
IMO we looked 2nd best for most of the 1st half. Distribution at times was like MA hoof and hope. There was not much good link up play between midfield and the forwards, hence we lived off scraps rather than having any continuity. They looked stronger in tackling and won too many headers for my liking. There were positive things though, and when the midfield got forward we actually looked good. Defence did well to restrict Palace to only limited chances. Great result but plenty to work at.

TBH I could watch that all day long as long as we won. Winning is the be all and end all to it.
Shove fancy football if you keep losing...

Brauny Blue said:
Hats off to Rob Kelly.:038: Without him it dosen't bare thinking about

deffo on that

CL last 11 games 2 points out of 33

RK last 11 games 27 points out of 33............:038: :038: :038: :038:

If only CL had been shot four or five games earlier

Boy Genius said:
Rules are rules and he was not interfering with play so its a goal. Makes up for the times when he is waved offside and he is not.

Very lucky does not come into it, it was a two goal win. The Palace forwards could not and did not score due to our defence which I must say was as good a performance I have seen all season from them.......

Bloody armchair supporters eh tut.............:icon_roll :icon_bigg

I was an Armchair supporter and I think we did OK.If you want to watch flowing attractive sensational Football then the Championship isn't the place.We did a job and I think every player did reasonably well especially the defence.Its just Henderson I don't like,he is awful when dealing with crosses.We did much better when we kept it on the ground IMO.

highland fox said:
I was an Armchair supporter and I think we did OK.If you want to watch flowing attractive sensational Football then the Championship isn't the place.We did a job and I think every player did reasonably well especially the defence.Its just Henderson I don't like,he is awful when dealing with crosses.We did much better when we kept it on the ground IMO.

H you not having a go at the prediction league this week:icon_wink

EMC Fox said:
RK has 24 points from 12 games... but it's still a good return

my mistake, mathematics and little sleep last night dont mix......:icon_redf

It was another excellent performance by the lads last night. The two Paddy's dominated Johnson and Morrison/Shipperley. Johansson did very well to control a very tricky McAnuff. Maybury was solid at right back. I was also impressed with Andy Welsh, IMO he would be a good signing for next season. Looked composed and a player who can use the left side effectively. Hume and Fryatt were once again a handful for the midfield. Joey had a quiet game for a change, and Williams and Hughes were good, but are far too lightweight for this league.

I'm still not sure about Henderson. His shot stopping his good, but he flaps like a chicken at crosses and his kicking is poor.

Boy Genius said:
deffo on that

CL last 11 games 2 points out of 33

RK last 11 games 27 points out of 33............:038: :038: :038: :038:

If only CL had been shot four or five games earlier

Another small measure of how we've turned around... these last 3 games (Reading, Norwich and Palace) are the turnaround from at Christmas, we played all 3 in teams in a row then and lost all 3. This time we've taken 4 points, and were apparently unlucky not to have beaten Norwich and Reading anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669