paralympic games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKFox

Just don't get it.

Fit, abled bodied athletes competing to be the best in their field, fine, no problems, been doing it for centuries.

Wheelchair basketball et al? Nope.
Fantastic that they can find a way to express themselves after having disabilities (usually with a harrowing disease/accident/genetic problem).
But surely the coverage it gets far outways the demand?

I find it patronising and overly pc by those who are scheduling it.

Am I being a tosser or do others feel the same?

The main question is can you bet on it? Do Hills have any odds on it ?

Just don't get it.

Fit, abled bodied athletes competing to be the best in their field, fine, no problems, been doing it for centuries.

Wheelchair basketball et al? Nope.
Fantastic that they can find a way to express themselves after having disabilities (usually with a harrowing disease/accident/genetic problem).
But surely the coverage it gets far outways the demand?

I find it patronising and overly pc by those who are scheduling it.

Am I being a tosser or do others feel the same?

Some info you mite find helpful http://edu.sina.com.cn/bbc/takeaway/TheOtherOlympicGames.shtml

I know what it is newts....
I'm just saying I find it patronising beyond belief to cover it in the way they do.

You didn't complain when they had the Gay World Cup on,infact you took a month off work to watch it

Relentless isn't it:102:

I'm just saying I find it patronising beyond belief to cover it in the way they do.

You wont be visiting Leicester for the Olympic games then?

don't take this the wrong way MK but why should they not take part ,a lot of people like my self are disabled but have good pain control which lets them take part in sports.

Their is no way that they could compete in the main event ,this is why we have the paralympic games.

The people that take part work hard and give their all just like the main people.

i see no wrong in it at all TBH

this week ive worked with some blind footballers and they could play as well as anyone .

as i said mk not having a go mate :icon_wink

Last edited:
don't take this the wrong way MK but why should they not take part ,a lot of people like my self are disabled but have good pain control which lets them take part in sports.

Their is no way that they could compete in the main event ,this is why we have the paralympic games.

The people that take part work hard and give their all just like the main people.

i see no wrong in it at all TBH

this week ive worked with some blind footballers and they could play as well as anyone .

as i said mk not having a go mate :icon_wink

Dont think Mk was saying it should not happen, simply it recieves too much coverage for the size of the audience it attracts.

But without the coverage how do they get people to join in or come along to watch it :102:

He means TV coverage of the event,if people are watching it on TV then I would think it will effect attendances.They might be better advertising it a bit better before the event.I doubt you can just come along and join in,I would think its a little more serious than that

the three-legged race is always good

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47