paralympic games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Britain has a good chance of cleaning up at these paralympics. If you look at the number claiming invalidity then surely we are in a shout?

Good point, I bet were one of the few countries in the world who has special estates where the majority could be paralympic athletes.

Last edited:
Eh?

Did you really mean to write that?

No - they can't play as well as anyone - and it is patronising to even suggest that they can.

FFS - they are blind - they can't see!! They might put in the same amount of effort as anyone - but that is not the same as them playing as well as anyone.

Is it true they put a little bell inside the ball so they know where it is?

is this going to be released as a Wii game soon? I can't wait to hop around the room shaking my nunchuck

Is it true they put a little bell inside?
You'd like to do that wouldn't you Joe_Fox?
And with special need youngsters too. You are the lowest of the low you really are.

:lol:

MKFox, you really are a card. I meant do they put a bell in the ball you fool!

Last edited:
is this going to be released as a Wii game soon? I can't wait to hop around the room shaking my nunchuck

Can you get a wheelchair to plug the remote into?

This threads brilliant.

Is there a hammer event for the blind?

Rule Adaptations:

BLIND

• [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The game is played on a solid surface[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There are five players in each team[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Outfield players must wear eye-patches and blindfolds[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The goalkeeper is sighted, but cannot leave the area[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There are no off-side rules[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The football contains ball bearings so that it makes a noise when it moves[/FONT]
How can it be blind football if the keeper can see! And why do they have to dress up as pirates?

Rule Adaptations:

BLIND
  • [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The game is played on a solid surface[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There are five players in each team[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Outfield players must wear eye-patches and blindfolds[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The goalkeeper is sighted, a fat bastard but cannot leave the area[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There are no off-side rules[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The football contains ball bearings so that it makes a noise when it moves[/FONT]
How can it be blind football if the keeper can see! And why do they have to dress up as pirates?

This sounds like monday nights :icon_lol:

there's a tour bus full of blind footballers

the (seeing!) driver picks them up and helps them on

as they drive along he gets curious, "so how on earth do you guys play football?"

"well" says one "most blind people have exceptional hearing and they put a bell in the ball so we know where it is"

"oh wow, that's good" says the driver

after a while they stop at a motorway service station and one of the players says "we're just going to have a kick around to stretch our legs"

"ok" says the driver

ten minutes later a bloke comes running up to the driver "hey, are those your blind people?"

"yeah why?"

"cos they're kicking the shit out out of my Morris dancers!"

I'd love to see Synchronised Window Licking introduced into the Mongolympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46