Parking for home games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always park at the Leicester Rowing Club (I think it's on Upperton Road ???) by the bridge near what used to be Berry's scrap yard. Costs a fiver, but it's all run by the rowing club and the money they raise goes to help support them and buy new equipment. Then it's a 5 minute walk to the ground. Get there early though as it soon fills up.

I always park at the Leicester Rowing Club (I think it's on Upperton Road ???) by the bridge near what used to be Berry's scrap yard. Costs a fiver, but it's all run by the rowing club and the money they raise goes to help support them and buy new equipment. Then it's a 5 minute walk to the ground. Get there early though as it soon fills up.

They might soon be able to afford the "proper river" they apparently require to be any good then :038:

Do you use the one way system then?

No, it's the effects of the alcohol. The other mile is crawled :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Nice Thread.Thanks for the responces.
16 years ago when I was fit young lad I use to walk 2 1/2 miles! :icon_bigg
Anyone walked further?

When I live in Rugby, I walked back from Covskum; Must have been 12 to 14 miles. Think the result was 1-1

I once hitched from Rugby to Newcastle. Got there just on half time. We lost 3-2. Got a liftback with a coach load from Melon Mowbray and hitched the rest of the way home.

Ahh the good old days in the 70's when I was young free single broke and no car. No I'm old free single broke and no car

I always park down near the western, leess parking available down the roads at the mo though as they have half the road dug up under the bridge.

Tell me about it... fecking nightmare trying to get to and from work at the moment because of all the dickheads who park on corners!!!!

We park where the Odeon cinema is - however they do have a few guys there who stop and ask if your parking to go to the football.

Therefore we sneakily drive in through the exit. :icon_wink

We park where the Odeon cinema is - however they do have a few guys there who stop and ask if your parking to go to the football.

Therefore we sneakily drive in through the exit. :icon_wink

just hide your colours and say you have come to eat and go to the movie :icon_cool

As someone has said before, it really depends on what part of Leicester you are coming from.

I live in the South of Leicester and when I go with my Dad he always parks off Aylestone Road in between Saffron Lane. Obviously it is free to park there as it is just on the roads but it is usually full up arround 2-2:15. He has parked there all the time (probs about 20 years) and we have never had anyone brake into the car. It is about a 10-15 min walk from the ground but once you get back to the car, it is plain sailing all the way home, takes us 10 mins max to get home if we park there.

I rarely walk back along Aylestone road without seeing at least one smashed window, usually under the bridge.

I rarely walk back along Aylestone road without seeing at least one smashed window, usually under the bridge.

That is true but it has never happened to any one of our cars.

As long as you don't leave anything in sight in your car you should be fine. IMO 95% of those cars that are broken into will have something on show, be it a pair of glasses or even forget to take their stereo out. Thieves just look for an opportunity.

Anyway, I was on about the roads in between Aylestone Road and Saffron Lane but it is the same area. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00