Parking for home games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxFanLeicester

Hi, Where is the best place to park for home games? I have always parked at the Tigers ground, however i'm not sure if there is anywhere closer?

Hi, Where is the best place to park for home games? I have always parked at the Tigers ground, however i'm not sure if there is anywhere closer?

morrisons car park is reasonably close yet a bit dear, takes less time to escape too. there is a back yard of some factory down by old filbo which you used to be able to park in, not sure now

Under the bridge near the Car place is a start, but you need to get there pretty early, there is also down the roads before the bridge where the kebab shop is, there is also on the grass behind the bus stop on the right as your coming from the bridge, you need to go up the curb though, not sure if there is posts there now.

Other places are in the Leicester City Ground Car Park which i use, there is Staples which is about a £10 i think. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
The more nearer you go...the longer the get away. I can't think of a decent idea. If it's the case that you have bust a leg or something like that and you went to get nearer give the club a ring. See what they can do in regards to a spot.

A good 15 minute walk but when we used to park...top of Narborough Rd sidestreets. Get away easy to.

It depends on which end of the city you live for your getaway? I always find drinking loads locally then getting your mrs in her 7 seater to drop you and your mates outside staples about 2.55pm quite an amicable arrangement ;)

I always park on Braunstone gate,normally plenty of parking if you turn left past The Loaf

I used to walk down from work or home, but whenever I went in the car I always used to use the "unofficial" car parks that charge a few quid in the Hazel Street area. Are they still around? Cost a bit more but saved a huge amount of pissing about.

Last edited:
£4 in the Freemen's Common paid car park nearest the ground - about the same distance as the tigers. Some manage to get there earlier and park on the street outside for free.

Nice Thread.Thanks for the responces.
16 years ago when I was fit young lad I use to walk 2 1/2 miles! :icon_bigg
Anyone walked further?

Nice Thread.Thanks for the responces.
16 years ago when I was fit young lad I use to walk 2 1/2 miles! :icon_bigg
Anyone walked further?
I did a sponsored walk of 20 miles at Stoke Mandeville in 1982. Do I win £5?

All the Industrial units around the Freemen's Common square give their car parks for £3 or £4 for charity if you want to feel good about yourself as well. Used to park on the road there but occasionally saw broken windows/mirrors on the way back so put it off street now.

All the Industrial units around the Freemen's Common square give their car parks for £3 or £4 for charity if you want to feel good about yourself as well. Used to park on the road there but occasionally saw broken windows/mirrors on the way back so put it off street now.

I used to park on Freeman's common regularly before all the new developments there, until my car got broken into during a match - along with about 10 others all parked nearby. The wankers obviously knew we wouldn't be back for a while.
The only occasion I've parked there recently it took about an hour to get out so I won't be doing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669