Parking Tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
After reading the article ,i wonder if they will charge them self's ,by that i mean the council it self as they take up more parking spaces than anyone TBH.

Pure piss take IMO .

With the way things are and not getting any better any time soon.

2011 they say it mite be brought in ffs

Last edited:
theres a town in yorkshire that are being charged for parking in their own drives and on the road in front of their own homes by their local council - now that is a con

No
No
No
No
Yes
Alright FFS, they were hypothetical questions speaking out loud so to speak, I didn't want answer to them :icon_lol:

If it's aimed at cutting traffic congestion, which is one theory I've heard, then surely it is aimed at increasing public transport useage?

It won't be long before beard tax is reintroduced, thus gaining more money in VAT through increased sales of shaving products.

It's either that or a local congestion charge

Take your pick......

Alright FFS, they were hypothetical questions speaking out loud so to speak, I didn't want answer to them :icon_lol:

If it's aimed at cutting traffic congestion, which is one theory I've heard, then surely it is aimed at increasing public transport useage?

It won't be long before beard tax is reintroduced, thus gaining more money in VAT through increased sales of shaving products.

That will hit the pockets of Kinlochleven women hard

Loved this quote from a Leicester Councillor.

Patrick Kitterick said:
If the Nottingham scheme is a great success we will consider adopting it. But if they run into problems then we will have dodged that bullet.

Accidental irony, or intentional piss take? :icon_bigg

It's either that or a local congestion charge

Take your pick......

I think the Beard tax would be easier to organize than a congestion charge. Did you mean nasal or anal or both?

I think the Beard tax would be easier to organize than a congestion charge. Did you mean nasal or anal or both?

Would Beard Tax be at a constant level or would they trim it after a while

It's all part of the 'One Leicester' bollocks. One of the points is to design and equip the city for people, not cars.

Interestingly the whole launch was at the time of the Highcross opening, the very Highcross which has a multi-floor car park for it's use and the process having to move the bus stops to a location not in the centre. They have placed loads down Belgrave Gate and paved over High Street (which was previously a road with near nil traffic and wide enough to have Buses settling down).

If they really wanted to do something, why not build a tube or tram system?

After reading the article ,i wonder if they will charge them self's ,by that i mean the council it self as they take up more parking spaces than anyone TBH.

Pure piss take IMO .

With the way things are and not getting any better any time soon.

2011 they say it mite be brought in ffs

It wont affect you, you don't work.

if public transport was worth using then I am sure more people would leave the cars at home... I cant get a bus to work, I would have to get 2 buses each way and pay at least £5 a day if not more, whereas I can get in the car and be at work in under 10 minutes.

Last edited:
buses are over priced and dirty, and full horrible little ****s playing shit dance music on their phones. :mad:

i hate buses

if public transport was worth using then I am sure more people would leave the cars at home... I cant get a bus to work, I would have to get 2 buses each way and pay at least £5 a day if not more, whereas I can get in the car and be at work in under 10 minutes.

Not if they are the same bus company. I get the first from my house to town then walk straight onto the bus to oadby. Both are First buses and I get a week pass for £12, unlimited journeys anywhere in Leicester.

If they are different companies though then yes it is expensive.

Time wise if they buses sync up like they normally do I get from b.leighs(leys) to oadby in about 35 minutes, it takes 25 - 30 minutes to drive.

I may just be lucky though.

Now I've got a new job in Cov though I have had to buy a car, which is shame really, I like relaxing on the bus with my iPod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566