Partick Thistle Post Match Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
:icon_lol::icon_lol: So our best keeper by miles is also complete shite, theres a suprise. This is the priority area for strengthening if you ask me, we have actually missed on some solid ENGLISH keepers we could have picked up for free.

agree we need to get a good keeper in quick

Goal is the one area I am worried about. What I've seen of Jimmy he's in the same class as Hendo and Logan. We need a quality keeper to give the defence extra confidence apart from anything else. Over the years I've had nightmares about some of our keepers, but then I was spoilt with Banks and Shilts

Give Jimmy a chance - he's just left a club he's been with practically his whole career and it's still pre-season!

I've spoken to a Danish friend of mine who, although he admits their league isn't fantastic, says he's a solid keeper. I would have thought that he's just trying too hard to impress which is probably the worst thing you can do as a keeper. He'll settle down and relax soon, and will stop doing stupid things where he doesn't need to be involved!

Give Jimmy a chance - he's just left a club he's been with practically his whole career and it's still pre-season!

I've spoken to a Danish friend of mine who, although he admits their league isn't fantastic, says he's a solid keeper. I would have thought that he's just trying too hard to impress which is probably the worst thing you can do as a keeper. He'll settle down and relax soon, and will stop doing stupid things where he doesn't need to be involved!

It was Henderson that played last night.........

if we can only beat this side 2-0 we are doomed.i thought ma tatics were shit.he needs to get these lazy over paid duffers up at 5 am. as for clay pigeon shooting we will be eating prawn sandwiches next.the goalkeeping situation worries me, not enough competition.we are defo to go down this season.sack ma and send mm back to portsmouth :098:....

dont worry lads im seing what being pessemistic for the days like :icon_wink

This thread is talking about Henderson generaly as he played last night. Anyway, you mean he is trying too hard to catch the ball?? :confused::icon_conf

We all know why Mckay was sacked.

lol - sorry about that, I just assumed it was jimmy!

When a keeper tries too much they come for things they shouldn't, try to interfere where they don't need to, come of thier line when a defender has things covered etc.

If it was Hendo, then i'm not surprised that he's trying hard. Jimmy's the main man without playing a competitive fixture for us!! Hendo is a decent shot stopper but his ability to read and catch the ball ion the air is pretty poor.

Goal is the one area I am worried about. What I've seen of Jimmy he's in the same class as Hendo and Logan. We need a quality keeper to give the defence extra confidence apart from anything else. Over the years I've had nightmares about some of our keepers, but then I was spoilt with Banks and Shilts
We do need a quality keeper! I cant understand why we don't go in for Lee Camp, who is rotting on the bench at Derby!

:icon_lol::icon_lol: So our best keeper by miles is also complete shite, theres a suprise. This is the priority area for strengthening if you ask me, we have actually missed on some solid ENGLISH keepers we could have picked up for free.

Like Ian Walker!!! Rotting on the Bolton bench what a waste!!

Dont forget our other Leicester goalkeeping legend..........Mark Wallington:icon_wink

Walker was much better than alot of the keepers we've had since we let him go. Every one makes mistakes now and again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669