Paul Dickov

Status
Not open for further replies.
the season is at the half-way stage over there, he may only play 16 games for them before the season is over. whereas he was looking at a 46 game slog here plus our cup runs

thats a very air point but of all the footballers around i'd have thought that would be least true of dickov

BBC SPORT
Dickov turns down Leicester move

Dickov scored 32 times in 89 league games for Leicester
Former Leicester City striker Paul Dickov has turned down the chance of a return to The Walkers Stadium and is set to move to Major League Soccer.

Dickov is currently in Canada for talks about a switch to Toronto FC who play in the US league.

The 35-year-old Scot spent part of last season on loan at Blackpool, who were also interested in signing him.

Dickov, who played for the Foxes for two years between 2002 and 2004 was released by Manchester City in July.

Last edited:
Still ain't over yet!

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric is still interested in signing former Foxes striker Paul Dickov.

The Scot, 35, seemed to have rejected a move back to Leicester when he went to talk to Canadian side Toronto FC.

Mandaric told BBC Radio Leicester: "Right now he's still in the process of talking to a North American team.

"We're in dialogue with him, so we don't know what will happen but we do still have interest and we will see what happens."

Dickov is also a target of Championship side Blackpool, where he spent a loan spell at last season.

Manchester City decided to release Dickov at the end of the season.

He played for Leicester for two years between 2004 and 2006, scoring 37 goals in 97 appearances.

Mandaric also praised new manager Nigel Pearson on the players he has recruited this summer.

He said: "The additions we have brought in are spot on. Its a tremendous recruiting programme by Nigel and his staff and I think every player that he brought so far is going to play a key role in our campaign next season."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/7532819.stm

Mandaric guaging the reaction of the fans to the news of Dickov possibly coming back then making sure we all know how hard he tried to get him to sign...IMO

Mandaric guaging the reaction of the fans to the news of Dickov possibly coming back then making sure we all know how hard he tried to get him to sign...IMO

Spot on

I suspect we struggled to be his third choice

1 Toronto
2 Blackpool
3 Any other club except us
4 Doing up the garden
5 Leicester City

There was an interview with MM, but he didn't say anything we didn't already know.
At most clubs it would be the manager talking about potential signings, not the owner.

Why? In modern football the chairman or his sidekick nearly allways do the deals when pompey signed crouch HR said that the press conference was the first time he had spoken to peter in a year these days the managers just tell the chairman who they want!

There was an interview with MM, but he didn't say anything we didn't already know.
At most clubs it would be the manager talking about potential signings, not the owner.

I think this is one of the reasons Pearson won't be drawn on possible signings because ultimately he can't be sure.

Who rattled your cage :icon_wink

Dickhead, thats who. I cannot believe he has the nerve to even think about coming back here. I honestly don't care if people think he is better than we've got. Have people forgotten what he did to this club? And then despite all the support the fans gave him after LM he was already planning to leave if we went down. I really do not like him.

Dickhead, thats who. I cannot believe he has the nerve to even think about coming back here. I honestly don't care if people think he is better than we've got. Have people forgotten what he did to this club? And then despite all the support the fans gave him after LM he was already planning to leave if we went down. I really do not like him.

Footballers are like the tide you can see from your bedroom window.

If he scores goals for us again, he will redeem himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669