Paul Dickov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dickov's had his day here. Time to move on, I'm sure there are younger players around who will do as well if not alot better than Dickov.

They were found innnocent, in fact, it never even got that far. That episode should have no bearing on your opinion of him. If you had evidence to the contrary, then you should have stepped forward at the time.

I think a big obsticle could be Mrs Dickov not wanting him to come back here.....

I think we have to be realistic about where we are and the lack of goal scoring power of our so called strikers last seasonand although he will be 36 in November, he is likely to get a few goals in the Third Division. Probably worth a 1 season contract

I think Dickov's had his day here. Time to move on, I'm sure there are younger players around who will do as well if not alot better than Dickov.

And apparently he prefers Lorne Sausage with his Fry-Up so In my book he's a non starter

They were found innnocent, in fact, it never even got that far. That episode should have no bearing on your opinion of him. If you had evidence to the contrary, then you should have stepped forward at the time.

I hold my view strongly regardless of what you say, because much of what you say is irrelevant to my post. They were found not guilty/not brought to court for rape - but I was not at all suggesting that they were (nor would I)... so what are you talking about when you say that "if you had evidence to the contrary, then you should have stepped forward at the times"?. What I was saying is that they were guilty of gallavanting about with the most dubious of company - the la manga trollops - and there is no dispute about that. And it was this dubious company that got them into trouble and near-wrecked the club at the time. 'Judge a man by the company he keeps' is not a bad saying, and he was keeping the lowest of the low that night. So of course I have a right to allow this to have a bearing of my opinion of him because of what the whole episode did to the club. How is it the other 15+ players didn't get into this mess? For the very small number that did, it reflected on each individual that got caught up in it.

I would only get him in if we are selling one of the other strikers, even though they were crap last year i think Howard, DJ, Fryatt and even hayles could do a job in this league and we have chambers and sappleton coming though so i dont really see the reason for buying him.

I hold my view strongly regardless of what you say, because much of what you say is irrelevant to my post. They were found not guilty/not brought to court for rape - but I was not at all suggesting that they were (nor would I)... so what are you talking about when you say that "if you had evidence to the contrary, then you should have stepped forward at the times"?. What I was saying is that they were guilty of gallavanting about with the most dubious of company - the la manga trollops - and there is no dispute about that. And it was this dubious company that got them into trouble and near-wrecked the club at the time. 'Judge a man by the company he keeps' is not a bad saying, and he was keeping the lowest of the low that night. So of course I have a right to allow this to have a bearing of my opinion of him because of what the whole episode did to the club. How is it the other 15+ players didn't get into this mess? For the very small number that did, it reflected on each individual that got caught up in it.
That's up to you, but I won't be judging a footballer on what company he keeps, nor what birds he wants to shag.

My opinion of him is formed on the football pitch.

I would only get him in if we are selling one of the other strikers, even though they were crap last year i think Howard, DJ, Fryatt and even hayles could do a job in this league and we have chambers and sappleton coming though so i dont really see the reason for buying him.

Trying to make sure that ,all the one's they missed last season,we mite just get half them in if we have a strike that can do his job ,you know score goals :icon_wink.

I heard he was rather asked to leave...

I heard it was alledgedly something to do with a sexual encounter in a place that was not intended for that kind of thing? :102:

Trying to make sure that ,all the one's they missed last season,we mite just get half them in if we have a strike that can do his job ,you know score goals :icon_wink.

Wow what a putdown, i will know go tell my mother what a poor job she done raising me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669