Paul Dickov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should go for one of his asian cousins, wankme dickov, pullme dickov or suckme dickov, they all shoot and score.

I heard this on radio leicester and what they said is reports are that paul dickov has an offer on the table from us, blackpool and toronto.

i agree, i doubt he'll be as busy and quick as a few yeras ago, but he did a job for blackpool last year and he's still a natural goalscorer. having said that i still expect him to go to america

He will go America as they will be offering more money.

I always thought Toronto was in Canada.........:102:

That's up to you, but I won't be judging a footballer on what company he keeps, nor what birds he wants to shag.

My opinion of him is formed on the football pitch.

But what Dickov/the La Manga 4 got up to that night was way beyond this, wasn't it? This was no mere 'couple of beers', or a night on the pull. They got the club into a hell of a lot of trouble by extreme errors of judgement by mixing with company that should clearly have been steered clear of. This error of judgement nearly wrecked the club - why anyone cannot realise this was activity and recklessness beyond the pale and acceptable limits I just cannot understand. So I absolutely hold his conduct against him. Footballers can ordinarily pi$$ their earnings up against a wall and $hag who they like for all I care as well, but if they have a drink 48 hours before a game or if they go on a bender 76 hours before a game then I do object because it will affect their game. If they poke some silly $lapper then I care nothing of that either unless they haven't used common sense to appreciate whether the circumstances might get way, way out of hand.

dickov was amazing for us,always gave 110 % and lifted the rest of the team.we always seemed to be winning and the then mong manager used to take him off to put a defender on then we'd lose shape and lose.

I always thought Toronto was in Canada.........:102:

It is but Toronto FC play in the MLS which is (Toronto apart) based in America so I'll give our fellow TB'ers a break on that one.

If I was him and it was a choice between us and Blackpool I'd be overseas in a second. Toronto actually have a number of British players.

I hope he doesn't sign fo us.

what do u know exactly?? we need some people who are proud of there reputation and dickov is one of those people,
not the shite we've had for the last few yrs.

and the then mong manager

That would be the same 'mong manager' that managed to get promotion from the Champonship without spending a penny whilst dealing with all the BS of Bankrupcy going on all around the club. If you want to talk about 'mong managers' lets talk about Holloway, Allen and co.

I cannot forgive Dickov for his leading role in the La Manga scandal that crucified this club, knocked the stuffing out of Micky Adams, and made relegation inevitable. Whilst the small number of players involved were exonorated, they still bear some responsibility for keeping bad company - the latter will invariably get you into trouble, and sure enough it did. The club paid the £200k legal bill I seem to recall for all the players. And then Dickov walked out. So in summary, I don't want that man back here at this club. No way.

Absolutely 100% agree.

Adams was shattered by this whole incident. It nailed the club for the rest of that season.

The club was backwards and forwards with its solicitors at high cost. The players should bear more than a small responsibility for this. They knew better and the trip was part of their job, not a lads holiday. They disobeyed curfews. Did they apologise for their behaviour? Did they f*ck!

Dickov showed how grateful he was for the clubs support by actioning his get out clause and jumping ship at the earliest opportunity (despite the best efforts of the club to keep him).

Never want to see this tw*t in a Leicester shirt again.

For me, this is like re-employing Dennis Wise (if he was still playing).

No way, never!

what do u know exactly?? we need some people who are proud of there reputation and dickov is one of those people,
not the shite we've had for the last few yrs.

Yep, Dickov was so proud to play for us he couldn't wait to fcuk off???

yeah cos we were shit and he got pulled off all the time probably being player of the season for me.
i was a season ticket holder then so yes i was there

It nailed the club for the rest of that season.

The stats don't back that up.

Before La Manga we were on a run of 15 games without a win. We won our first game after La Manga.

Our points per game record after La Manga was better than it was before La Manga.

We finished the season higher in the table than we were when La Manga happened.

I think the likes of John Curtis, Freund, Bent, Gillespie and Dabizas had more to do with our relegation than the mistimed rogering of some Spanish slappers.

Dickov showed how grateful he was for the clubs support by actioning his get out clause and jumping ship at the earliest opportunity (despite the best efforts of the club to keep him).

Yep, Dickov was so proud to play for us he couldn't wait to fcuk off???

I prefer the other more believable scenario, strongly rumoured at the time, that Dickov had no choice about leaving and was booted out for 'non-footballing' reasons.

Last edited:
I think the likes of John Curtis, Freund, Bent, Gillespie and Dabizas had more to do with our relegation than the mistimed rogering of some Spanish slappers.

Strange selection of players, two of our better performers that season.

I cannot believe how some people cannot differentiate between personal feelings and what a player can do on the pitch. Dikov will score goals, even if he only gets 10 as a substitute it is better than we had before.

The stats don't back that up.

Before La Manga we were on a run of 15 games without a win. We won our first game after La Manga.

Our points per game record after La Manga was better than it was before La Manga.

We finished the season higher in the table than we were when La Manga happened.

I bow to your stats there Jeff.

However, I wasn't just referring to points gained. I still maintain that the club was affected badly after this incident.

The trip was designed to bring the team together for the final push. Instead that hope was shattered and the club was party to a lot of negative press. People within the club who should have been concentrating on the on field problems were being distracted in other directions.

Who knows what would have happened to our season had the trip been a succesful team bonding excercise as originally designed.

I cannot believe how some people cannot differentiate between personal feelings and what a player can do on the pitch. Dikov will score goals, even if he only gets 10 as a substitute it is better than we had before.

So, in theory, if Dennis Wise was still playing and became available, and it was thought could help our team, you would welcome him back?

Just wondering.

If you would take him back then fair enough. Point taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669