Paul Dickov

Status
Not open for further replies.
He and the others put themselves in that situation by treating a training camp like a boy nights out.
And in turn they dragged the name of an already damaged club through even more mud.
And it contributed to a relegation season.

Yes, I think he does owe it to the club.

The whole situation. The club was front page news all around the world for all the wrong reasons.

If they had treated the training camp as a bloody training camp instead of a 18-30 holibob they would never have been in the position to be accused of what they were by those three slappers. Though of course the then manager has to shoulder some of the blame for allowing them to not be professional whilst out there.

Last edited:
The whole situation. The club was front page news all around the world for all the wrong reasons.

If they had treated the training camp as a bloody training camp instead of a 18-30 holibob they would never have been in the position to be accused of what they were by those three slappers.
Was it during the day when they should have been training, or was it at night?

Would they have made the news if these ladies weren't there?

If they had treated the training camp as a bloody training camp instead of a 18-30 holibob they would never have been in the position to be accused of what they were by those three slappers. Though of course the then manager has to shoulder some of the blame for allowing them to not be professional whilst out there.

If it was a simple training exercise they would have been at Belvoir Drive.

Was it during the day when they should have been training, or was it at night?

Would they have made the news if these ladies weren't there?

Will evidence from the past may indicate if a fire protection device was around, then yes.

Should never returned after that episode.

He and the others put themselves in that situation by treating a training camp like a boy nights out.
And in turn they dragged the name of an already damaged club through even more mud.
And it contributed to a relegation season.

Yes, I think he does owe it to the club.

I'm confused by that bit... what other negative/bad publicity had already damaged the club?

And I don't blame any of them for the La Manga incident. They didn't do anything illegal, and I hate the whole attitude that a lot of fans seem to have that footballers shouldn't do anything with their time other than football. It's bollocks.

Will evidence from the past may indicate if a fire protection device was around, then yes.

Should never returned after that episode.
You can't hang, draw and quarter them for something that happened before they got there.

As far as I see, the guys in La Manga 2, did FA wrong, and have not brought any shame on the club. That was done by some lying trollops/whores.

The way Gillespie was treated at the Sheff U match this season turned my stomach and I felt a genuine despise towards our own fans that day that will always stick with me.

Considering we were treated as though we hadn't been punished for the Administration and daring to win promotion then yes, what others thought of us was not very high.(Not that it matters, but it didn't take much for a low opinion held by folk who didn't know any better to get lower!)

The way I see it with the whole La Manga thing, they were there not for pleasure, but for work. That means not getting plastered and being put into a compromising position because they were too pissed to tell three bints to piss off or even get security to get rid of them.
Boohoo that they couldn't go and get pissed whilst being on an official club thing.

Maybe that's just me thinking how the club should be represented in a good light as much as possible.
I hate seeing the club I care about being given a bad press, whether it is ultimately deserved or not-as it became apparent in this case.

I agree with Melts comments re:Gillespie btw. I even said as much in a couple of threads at the time, but was given a load of crap by a couple of people on here who thought I was being too sensitive about the issue. It was akin to the abuse Jordan Stewart got at that Stoke game, which was utterly disgraceful.

Last edited:
We are all talking as if Dickov had signed. Has it occurred to anyone that, first Blackpool, then Toronto had definitely won the race for his signature. Apart from Mandy's optimism, is there any evidence that he is likely to return to the fold? :102:

We are all talking as if Dickov had signed. Has it occurred to anyone that, first Blackpool, then Toronto had definitely won the race for his signature. Apart from Mandy's optimism, is there any evidence that he is likely to return to the fold? :102:

Bob says so, and to be fair, Bob knows.

Were they actually convicted of this?
No, the only thing they were proven guilty of was lying. They lied for a reason, and one can only believe that reason was to extract money from some wealthy sportsmen.

It's difficult to prove a motive, but in this instance I can't think of another one.

You obvioiusly think I'm being too harsh on them, I won't pester you for the reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669