Paul Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks. I don't think he's what we need and would be too similar to Fryatt.

I think he's spent the last few seasons on loan in the championship and hasn't really set it alight.

No thanks. I don't think he's what we need and would be too similar to Fryatt.

I think he's spent the last few seasons on loan in the championship and hasn't really set it alight.

Disagree - I think he's a quality player - should have been given more of a chance with Blackburn but I think he's been on loan for the last 4-5 years!
Not worth anywhere near 2.5-3 million IMO but worth a look!

Disagree - I think he's a quality player - should have been given more of a chance with Blackburn but I think he's been on loan for the last 4-5 years!

I'd love for you to prove me wrong if we were to sign him:thumbs_up

I agree, from what I take from the article, Blackburn are valuing him top end of a million, not too extortionate...

I rate him. He was very good at Stoke and Plymouth. :icon_wink

I agree, from what I take from the article, Blackburn are valuing him top end of a million, not too extortionate...

I don't think there's be much of a gamble factor either. Would be money well spent i reckon.

I'd like him here. Makes goals and has a bit of pace.

I rate him. He was very good at Stoke and Plymouth. :icon_wink
You heard them Milan, get him in!

Bloody Paul Gallagher appreciation society in here:icon_roll

Hello all

Just a conversation starter really, I see from reading this below that Blackburn could be considering bids for Paul Gallagher. Good striker at Championship level and has scored goals. Also, good in the air and a handful. Looks as though he'd cost less than the 2.5 to 3 million wanted for Cox and is still reasonably young.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/8083415.stm

Not sure what everyone else thinks?!

I don't want a good striker at championwship level. I want a striker who is too good for the championship in the same way that Tunchev, Fryatt, Howard and Dyer (sometimes) were too good for League One. We will not get promotion from the Championship by having championship standard players.

I don't want a good striker at championwship level. I want a striker who is too good for the championship in the same way that Tunchev, Fryatt, Howard and Dyer (sometimes) were too good for League One. We will not get promotion from the Championship by having championship standard players.

Funny how Burnley managed it eh? Not to mention Stoke, Hull and West Brom last season. And Derby the season before. Where were the players who were far too good for the Championship in those teams? And for all the supposed Premiership quality players in the Reading team, where did they end up this season?

And where do you suggest we find these premiership quality players that no other club seems to know about then?

It seems to be the consensus that Pearson brought in players who were too good for League 1 and therefore should do well next season. Well Tunchev and Dyer have never played in the Championship - how do you know they'll be any good next season? Albeit, Howard's excelled in the Championship before but he certainly didn't prove that he could perform in that league last season. Fryatt's done nothing in that league either.

In my opinion, Pearson brought in some good players who were capable of doing very well in League 1. If he employs the same policy this season and brings in players who are capable of doing well in this league then I'll be equally as happy.

Dyer has played 44 games in the Championship, for West Brom, Cov, QPR and Millwall.

Ok, my mistake, I didn't think he'd played in the Championship. Still, before Leicester came in for him he was plying his trade in League 2 and I think my point still stands - just because he did well in League 1 doesn't mean he'll do well next season as well.

Funny how Burnley managed it eh? Not to mention Stoke, Hull and West Brom last season. And Derby the season before. Where were the players who were far too good for the Championship in those teams? And for all the supposed Premiership quality players in the Reading team, where did they end up this season?

And where do you suggest we find these premiership quality players that no other club seems to know about then?

It seems to be the consensus that Pearson brought in players who were too good for League 1 and therefore should do well next season. Well Tunchev and Dyer have never played in the Championship - how do you know they'll be any good next season? Albeit, Howard's excelled in the Championship before but he certainly didn't prove that he could perform in that league last season. Fryatt's done nothing in that league either.

In my opinion, Pearson brought in some good players who were capable of doing very well in League 1. If he employs the same policy this season and brings in players who are capable of doing well in this league then I'll be equally as happy.

I have to say I totally agree!

Did very well at Plymouth last season when he was there on loan, I think he would be a good signing to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669