Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I would rather not see Ince as our next manager (although, as with any other manager, he would get my backing if he did come), so I guess on that point that we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'd like to have Ince here, but I don't really know why.

I think because he is a "tough guy" type character and we've had too many managers recently who come across as a bit of a soft touch (RK in particular).

But I do think he'd need an experience Director of Football to help him with signings. Although MM does have plenty of contacts and may be able to help with that anyway.

I think this notion of an energetic Ince guided by an experienced director of football is the usual woolly thinking:

1. director of football post is usually a waste of money
2. usually an irritant to the manager/ first team coach & the two parties spend their energies competing for power
3. what we know about Ince suggests that he wouldn't appreciate interference.

If MM wants to spend his money employing Ince as manager - then good luck to him. I don't think it's an especially good idea but he could hardly do much worse than the idiots who were appointed by the last board.

If this is true....Why..... not cracked any pots in Div. 2.

needs more time........ which he wont get with M.M.

M.M's investment and his promises (after his change of underpants) will not suffer failure.

Ince is a complete Tosser and its nice to have a Manager you actually like but If He does well for us and eventually gets us promoted then I really couldn't care what type of person he is.He is to do a job and not be Mr.Popularity and football fans are a ficjkle bunch if we start the season well with Ince in charge he will sufddenly be Mr.Wonderul in many peoples eyes.I don't want him here,I think Coleman is by far the best option but whoever is in charge I will give them a chance and support them.Its the team I support and not the Manager

if he goes for Ince it's Milan deciding on a "big" name rather than any proof he can hack it as manager (seduced by the Keane effect at Sunderland).

that's my worry with Milan, his managerial choices have often been floored, let's hope he gets this one right

When Ince took over they had 5 points from 15 games. If that had continued until the end of the season they'd have finished up with 15 points, more than 30 points away from safety. Obviously it's impossible to prove that their run would have continued, but it does illustrate how much they improved when Ince took over.

Macclesfield this season (league matches only):

Without Ince Ince: 0.33 points per game
With Ince: 1.39 points per game.

When Ince took over they had 5 points from 15 games. If that had continued until the end of the season they'd have finished up with 15 points, more than 30 points away from safety. Obviously it's impossible to prove that their run would have continued, but it does illustrate how much they improved when Ince took over.

thats like comparing Levein with that prat Kelly...... new manager syndrome

I think that Ince has done a remarkable job at Macclesfield ....and could be another Roy Keane, but it's difficult to make a case that he would be better than Chris Coleman who kept Fulham in the Premiership and playing with a bit of style. However, even with MM we are not a particularly good proposition for a new manager - after all we start from a very low base and it's not MM's way to throw around loads of cash...so Ince might be as good as it gets.

I think that Ince has done a remarkable job at Macclesfield ....and could be another Roy Keane, but it's difficult to make a case that he would be better than Chris Coleman who kept Fulham in the Premiership and playing with a bit of style. However, even with MM we are not a particularly good proposition for a new manager - after all we start from a very low base and it's not MM's way to throw around loads of cash...so Ince might be as good as it gets.

He was supposed to come with Brian Kidd but Kidd got a better offer from Sheff U. ;)

What a two-faced twat, confirms to his stereotype. What kind of step is Macclesfield to MK Dons. Talk about the new stadium all he likes, they still only get 6k average crowd.

How about Ince though ?

Please use this thread link with regards to the speculation that Paul Ince could become our new manager.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670