Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people assume that if Wortho was to be appointed and we were to win promotion that he would automatically take us straight back down again, just because he has suffered relegation in the past with Norwich does not mean the same fate would follow with us.

There are many examples of managers who have suffered relegation the season after taking an unfancied team to promotion, this is usually down to the team over achieving and then suffering due to lack of finance or resources rather than the managers inability :

For example

Alan Curbishley - Charlton
Steve Tilson - Southend
Aidy Boothroyd - Watford
Jock Wallace - Leicester

I think it takes real special qualities to keep a club like Leicester City in the premiership for any length of time. I don't think there is any evidence that suggests that Worthington would be likely to do that.

However, given reasonable resources then there is a fair chance that he would achieve promotion.And then would MM probably sell the club on because he would not wish/ be able to invest the sort of money needed for us to be viable at that level??

I don't think that Worthington would be a very inspiring choice - and can't see much of a case for taking a huge risk on Paul Ince who I think has an inflated idea of himself. Remember, he wanted the Wolves job without having any experience of management.

Chris Coleman looks the best prospect - but I can't see him coming to Leicester.

In fairness to NW he hasnt exactly been here long but in the short space of time he has been here hes managed to get the squad to grind out some precious results and keep us safe in the process. I've got to say in all honesty that I dont really care if we arent pomoted next season - I just don't want to see us fighting relegation for what.. it would be a 4th season in a row now if it happens next year? Just get me a team that is atleast comfy in this league!

we dont want Ince, but feck me its gonna happen next week

I refuse to believe it until it actually happens

The man is a complete and utter cock, and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near our club

I refuse to believe it until it actually happens

The man is a complete and utter cock, and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near our club

same here but I am afraid it will happen...... they can feck off then as I will not renew my ST

I don't understand the opposition to Ince. He's done a great job at Macclefield. He has excellent pedigree and has the mentality to be a good manager. Takes no crap and would surely be a good motivator. Would also attract good players to the club. He has exactly the type of personality we have been after. We've had too many managers without a spine and finally we have a chance to get one. Ince for City!

I don't understand the opposition to Ince. He's done a great job at Macclefield. He has excellent pedigree and has the mentality to be a good manager. Takes no crap and would surely be a good motivator. Would also attract good players to the club. He has exactly the type of personality we have been after. We've had too many managers without a spine and finally we have a chance to get one. Ince for City!

How do you come to that conclusion?

I don't understand the opposition to Ince. He's done a great job at Macclefield.

Oh yes, he has managed to keep Macclesfiled in the football league, well woopy feckin do. He did that all by himself, he went out and scored all 3 of Wrexham's goals to seal their future.

His long history in football management is exactly what this club needs in order to secure promotion and, lets face it, there's not a manager in the land that could do a better job. Oh, except of course the 923 better qualified people on Homer's list.

If he comes to Leicester, I hope its as the man that paints the lines on the car park as that's the only job here that he could be trusted with.

Last edited:
They kept themselves up by the skin of their teeth and he played some of the second half himself in a futile bid to become a 'scoring to save the club' legend.

He is a grade 1, class A wanker

I hated Paul Ince as a player, hated him with a passion. Complete self obsessed c*nt. He has done nothing to prove he is a good manager either.

However, if, and only if he comes here as our next Manager, I'll wipe his slate clean and get behind him. It's what he does here that I care about, not what he's done elsewhere. I'll let him fall on his sword before I start berating him. Paul Ince isn't big enough to hinder my support for the club

Last edited:
I hear what yor saying Melts and it's fair do's, but do we really want to trust the future of our club with an untried, untested cnut, when there may be better options available, ffs I'd sooner stick with NW than go down the road with Ince and risk a repeat of this last season.

But, as you said. I guess we must give the benefit of the doubt to whoever comes in. (I'd just rather be doubting someone else).

However, if, and only if he comes here as our next Manager, I'll wipe his slate clean and get behind him. It's what he does here that I care about, not what he's done elsewhere. I'll let him fall on his sword before I start berating him. Paul Ince isn't big enough to hinder my support for the club
I won't. I'll burn my bra and boycott the walkers.

I hated Paul Ince as a player, hated him with a passion. Complete self obsessed c*nt. He has done nothing to prove he is a good manager either.

I echo those sentiments. But i also i agree with this...
He is a grade 1, class A wanker

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69