Paul Lambert to replace Holloway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes indeed, and I stand by the fact that Holloway would have to prove very quickly that he can do a job for us in League 1 and hence would have to almost over achieve quickly to prove himself.

What I fail to understand is what Paul Lambert has done to get me excited. He has got a team......................in the same league for the past two seasons? Wow, I have to say that is impressive.

My personal view is that if/when Holloway is sacked we should go for experience as the last few managers we have had clearly haven't been experienced enough to manage a bigger team than the one they came from.

Nobody is saying we should go out and get Lambeert but you said he had a poor record at lower level when clearly he hasn't,his record at Wycombe wasn't poor

Oh its all Mandaric's fault is it ? Oh yeah its clear now nothing to do with Holloway all that nasty Mr Mandaric's fault...well we should get rid.. we would be better off with out him,thats it keep Holloway ditch Mandaric then we shall no doubt be straight back up

Oh its all Mandaric's fault is it ? Oh yeah its clear now nothing to do with Holloway all that nasty Mr Mandaric's fault...well we should get rid.. we would be better off with out him,thats it keep Holloway ditch Mandaric then we shall no doubt be straight back up

He's hardly helped tho HF...that's Holloway's time excluded aswell. A catalogue of errors from all parties.

Last edited:
If you concede this point then why have you been defending him so vociferously despite his, very obvious, failings?

Because I stand by the fact that this club was well and truely ****ed long before Holloway got his hands on it.

And I believe that given time Holloway will be successful here, but I do not think he will have that chance.

I also find it quite amazing that we are looking at a division 2 manager as Holloways replacement. Why are we continuing to go down this "next up and coming manager" route when it clearly has not worked for us.

Who did Fulham and Bolton turn to when the shit hit the fan for them in the Premiership, experience in Megson and Hodgson - and what happened, they guided them to safety. Our next appointment must be a well experienced manager.

Because I stand by the fact that this club was well and truely ****ed long before Holloway got his hands on it.

And I believe that given time Holloway will be successful here, but I do not think he will have that chance.

I also find it quite amazing that we are looking at a division 2 manager as Holloways replacement. Why are we continuing to go down this "next up and coming manager" route when it clearly has not worked for us.
Who did Fulham and Bolton turn to when the shit hit the fan for them in the Premiership, experience in Megson and Hodgson - and what happened, they guided them to safety. Our next appointment must be a well experienced manager.

:icon_conf Isn't that what Holloway was looked upon ?

What makes you think that any of this is true?

You're confusing bullshit with fact.

Our next appointment must be a well experienced manager.

Someone successful with experience at a higher level won't want to go to the third division.

Someone who has had sustained success in the third division will now be at a higher level, either at a new club or because they've been promoted. So they won't want to drop down to the third division.

So we'll have the choice of someone with no experience at all, someone experienced but unsuccessful, someone inexperienced who has done well at a lower level, or someone like Newell who is out of work for "non footballing" reasons.

What I fail to understand is what Paul Lambert has done to get me excited. He has got a team......................in the same league for the past two seasons? Wow, I have to say that is impressive.

I wish that Holloway could say the same thing about his time at Leicester.

how many managers are available that have managed to get a team promoted twice in 2 seasons or once and then maintained their position. How many of these managers would then come to Leicester?

Near then in the playoffs would have been what I'd have hoped for from Holloway without millions of pounds of transfers.

Holloway couldn't manage to keep a team in the same league for one season - yet you clearly think that he is impressive, and appear quite animated that we should be keeping him

How strange

but we don't want a manager to keep us in the same division, so ..... :icon_bigg

That's my point.

Abso-bloody-lutely.

MM is an interfering old fecker who single-handedly is preventing any manager from succeeding at the club.

Paul Lambert, Simon Grayson etc would be lambs to the slaughter. He's finished off far stronger personalities than that before. In 6 months flat, he's destroyed IH's personality, reputation and self confidence.

I've come to the conclusion that money isn't the motivater for him after all. I've previously felt that he's only here for a profit. I was giving him too much respect.

I think he's actually so egotistical about a sport he thinks he understands, that the role of manager is a mere puppet. Someone to publicly shoulder the responsibility and absorb the blame. Someone who is paid to appear to be the manager, take his money and keep quiet. Meanwhile, MM buys players and insists on certain selections.

I think he might actually be playing a live game of Football Manager 2008 with us.

IH and his inevitable successors have my commiserations. Fool's Gold indeed.

Abso-bloody-lutely.

MM is an interfering old fecker who single-handedly is preventing any manager from succeeding at the club.

I've come to the conclusion that money isn't the motivater for him after all. I've previously felt that he's only here for a profit. I was giving him too much respect.

I think he's actually so egotistical about a sport he thinks he understands, that the role of manager is a mere puppet. Someone to publicly shoulder the responsibility and absorb the blame. Someone who is paid to appear to be the manager, take his money and keep quiet. Meanwhile, MM buys players and insists on certain selections.

I think he might actually be playing a live game of Football Manager 2008 with us.

at last it seems others have cottoned on to whats been happening at OUR football club. if MM hadn't come we'd have likely been relegated last year due to entering admin so we'd still have been in league 1, just a season sooner. however, unless things change it could get even worse ..........

the largest sums of money being spent at our club is the 'hush money' that the departing managers take on their exit. i have a suspicion that IH wont be bought off so easily. its hard for a manager to admit that he's not been allowed to do his job and done nothing about it. IH might just have the balls to do it...

His record at Wycombe isn't that great either.

But I'm sure he'll have good international connections and we can be certain that he'll sign the next Ballack.

drop the next bollok more like

It always struck me as odd that so many people were prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on the shaky grounds that he was a businessman and wanted to see a profit. Like, how many football chairman aren't businessmen?

Or that we'd automatically reach the Prem because Pompey are there...

Ego has always seemed to me MM's driving force. But, for what it's worth, I think he has been so far relatively open about his financial dealings here and, despite overseeing and in large part to blame for our first ever visitation to the the third tier, has been less bad than I expected.

at last it seems others have cottoned on to whats been happening at OUR football club. if MM hadn't come we'd have likely been relegated last year due to entering admin so we'd still have been in league 1, just a season sooner. however, unless things change it could get even worse ..........

the largest sums of money being spent at our club is the 'hush money' that the departing managers take on their exit. i have a suspicion that IH wont be bought off so easily. its hard for a manager to admit that he's not been allowed to do his job and done nothing about it. IH might just have the balls to do it...

I have begun to see it this way for a while now also. This might explain why MA left (because he told MM he wasn't going to be his stooge ala Fowler etc) and Megson got out as soon as the 1st offer came in. Hopefully MM might now retreat to the wings and let Mr Aldridge take over the running and more importantly let the manager run the club.

Has everybody forgotten what we accepted when MM arrived? As a 100% owner we knew that LCFC became his 'toy' to do with as he pleased.

We hoped that he would crave success and the riches of the Premiership. However it took him 5 years and a lot of managers to get there with Portsmouth!

He also stated that if he could not get to the Prem within 3 years he would have failed.

I do not think he is in a postion to sell, because the value of the club is so low because of the 'loans' he has made to fund limited transfers and lots of wages.

Hopefully he will lend his 'toy' to someone who knows football, such as Aldridge, and let Aldridge make the club successful.

Abso-bloody-lutely.

Paul Lambert, Simon Grayson etc would be lambs to the slaughter. He's finished off far stronger personalities than that before. In 6 months flat, he's destroyed IH's personality, reputation and self confidence.

:038::038::038:

Has everybody forgotten what we accepted when MM arrived? As a 100% owner we knew that LCFC became his 'toy' to do with as he pleased.

We hoped that he would crave success and the riches of the Premiership. However it took him 5 years and a lot of managers to get there with Portsmouth!

He also stated that if he could not get to the Prem within 3 years he would have failed.

I do not think he is in a postion to sell, because the value of the club is so low because of the 'loans' he has made to fund limited transfers and lots of wages.

Hopefully he will lend his 'toy' to someone who knows football, such as Aldridge, and let Aldridge make the club successful.

Aldridge knows about business and screwing the fans. I see no evidence that he knows about football or that he has operated as a chairman in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669