Paul Lambert to replace Holloway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aldridge knows about business and screwing the fans. I see no evidence that he knows about football or that he has operated as a chairman in the past.

Too feckin' right. The man is a bastard of the highest order

Given a straight choice between Aldridge and the mad old egomaniacal loony that is Milan Mandaric, I would take Mandaric any day of the week

Aldridge knows about business and screwing the fans. I see no evidence that he knows about football or that he has operated as a chairman in the past.

People I know who have met with him have come away with the opinion he thinks he did a great job at West Ham and he's an absolute tool, I'm not holding out much hope that Aldridge will be better than Milan as chairman.

In 6 months flat, he's destroyed IH's personality, reputation and self confidence.

Meanwhile, MM ....... insists on certain selections.

I'm not so sure that he has destroyed 'Ollies personality and reputation. As I recall 'Ollie' arrived with the reputation of being something of a clown - continued to act like a clown and after he'd taken us down, demonstrated the clown's pathos bit.

On team selections - we are used to people making wild and unsubstantiated claims and statements on this forum - but what scrap of evidence have you to justify saying that Mandaric "insists on certain selections"?

Last edited by a moderator:
People I know who have met with him have come away with the opinion he thinks he did a great job at West Ham and he's an absolute tool, I'm not holding out much hope that Aldridge will be better than Milan as chairman.
Depends on how you measure the job he did I guess. :102:

WH achieved promotion, invested in players and got themselves into a state healthy enough to be sold off for a fat profit - on that level he didn't do too bad. I'd reckon he has a damn sight more nous than Mandaric who got mugged something rotten this season.

As to whether he is a tool or not doesn't bother me. He could rape small animals and drink blood for all I care as long as we start operating as a reasonable club again.

whether he is a tool or not doesn't bother me. He could rape small animals and drink blood for all I care as long as we start operating as a reasonable club again.

I would consider that a prerequisite

WH achieved promotion, invested in players and got themselves into a state healthy enough to be sold off for a fat profit - on that level he didn't do too bad. I'd reckon he has a damn sight more nous than Mandaric who got mugged something rotten this season.

As to whether he is a tool or not doesn't bother me. He could rape small animals and drink blood for all I care as long as we start operating as a reasonable club again.

If WHU hadn't gone up in the play-offs that season, it was widely expected by the fans that they would have gone into Admin. I have a few mates who are Hammers fans and they were always angry with Brown & Aldridge for basically milking the club for all it was worth, selling off the best talent for less than their value etc. And don't forget who were responsible for the Tevez/Mascherano signings...

As far as I can see the problem is he still thinks he's running West Ham, unfortunately City do not have the land value or the goodwill that WHU have (the FA and media seem to have a love affair with them). If he gets his head round running an unfashionable club that seems to be reviled by much of the media he may do a passable job.

Still awaiting some mongie statements.
No mongies are available for comment at this moment time.

As I'm sure you aware, this is a very traumatic time for a mongie, and their privacy must be respected, I'm sure this is appreciated.

No mongies are available for comment at this moment time.

As I'm sure you aware, this is a very traumatic time for a mongie, and their privacy must be respected, I'm sure this is appreciated.

Absolutely - this is no time for triumphalism. Their grief must and will be respected.

What will be good will be the statements forthcoming from the official and unofficial supporters clubs - their qualified backing for Holloway will have melted like the snowflake in a furnace and it will be 'bring on the new' - ' we were aware of disquiet amongst supporters' dah di dah di dah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669