Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making stupid comments, not motivating the team from the side line, being unable to adapt, not being able to manage 'characters' and tactical ineptitude does not a good manager make.

Fixed that for you.

How have you made that determination?

Copes well (or his team do) under pressure of expectations.

Won the league when Rangers were in situ.

Consistent.

There, i have given you 3 reasons, show me yours? :icon_wink

O'Neill is wanted by Besiktas.

I'd quite like to take a chance on David Platt here. I think he'd be able to work with what we've got and play a passing game. Probably not everyone else's cup of tea but I think it could be a shrewd move.

Consistent.

There, i have given you 3 reasons, show me yours? :icon_wink

Inverness Cally Thistle
Ross County
St Miren

I'd quite like to take a chance on David Pleat here. I think he'd be able to work with what we've got and play a passing game. Probably not everyone else's cup of tea but I think it could be a shrewd move.

Oh FFS, first Holloway, now this

What is wrong with you ?

No to Lennon for me, would prefer O'Neil but I am not enitirely comfortable about that either.

Hasn't really proved that. Celtic could have anyone in charge, literally anyone from Mickey Mouse to John Barnes, and still win the SPL. The SPL is not an elite football league, it's a run-of-the-mill professional league in which one team has the support of approximately half the country and many, many millions of pounds more to spend than the next richest club.
Big deal.
Consistent.
With Celtic. Against Scottish teams.

And not really that consistent anyway. Either side of a win over Barcelona, there were draws against Dundee United and St Johnstone. Two weeks previous, they battled bravely in the Nou Camp but lost to a late goal. Four days later they were beaten on their own turf by Kilmarnock.

They've lost seven games out of 37 this season in the league, two of them to Motherwell. They needed extra time to beat Dundee United in the Scottish Cup semi-final. Forgive me for being dismissive, but I don't want to see us replace Pearson with a man with a patchy record when it should, given his environment, be near-perfect.

I'd quite like to take a chance on David Platt here. I think he'd be able to work with what we've got and play a passing game. Probably not everyone else's cup of tea but I think it could be a shrewd move.

His time at Forest was a total, total disaster which pushed them very near to adminstration. Falling out with a number of senior players...sounds familar?

He also somehow managed to fail in qualification for the Euro U21s whilst managing England Under 21s.

Worth mentioning for me Lennon's success has been very reliant on the good work of Celtic's scouts recently. Signings such as Wanyama have really what's made him successful there.

Last edited:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Oh no, wait...

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

The desperation of the names banded around in this thread are truly pitiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669