Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poyet's record isn't much different to that of Moyes when he got the Everton job, so that wouldn't be too surprising a move. That said I'd say the likes of Martinez and Laudrup would be further up the list.

Last edited:
Poyet's record isn't much different to that of Moyes when he got the Everton job, so that wouldn't be too surprising a move. That said I'd the likes of Martinez and Laudrup would be further up the list.

Gotta be Martinez for Everton wouldn't you think?

Gotta be Martinez for Everton wouldn't you think?

You'd imagine so. Suspending Poyet over a 'budget dispute' seems odd. Surely he'd just quit and cite irreconcilable differences. Smells a bit like when Holloway was put on gardening leave by QPR when he was first linked with us. There have been rumours about Poyet going to Fulham, so perhaps something to do with that.

As far as I know the owners haven't said anything about Pearson. So there is also no sign that they're going to keep him.

Maybe they're sounding out possible replacements before making a decision. It's not something that needs to happen immediately. Holloway was sacked 19 days after the season ended.

The thing is that employers don't tend to issue statements on a daily basis that they are not going to sack a member of staff.

Also - these guys don't seem to make statements about anything - although to be fair I think i saw the younger one dutifully singing along with one of the mindless chants at the KP.

I'm afraid that try as Durham and co might it's going to be tough to breathe much life into this thread.

It may be possible to revive it by the end September if we have a poor start to the season - although my guess is that next season will be similar to this season and Pearson will probably see it out. Depends a lot on whether the owners are going to fund some additional players. Pearson's hands seem tied on spending now which could create difficulties because his core playing staff is small. The new financial restrictions are irrelevant - provided you have reasonable imaginative financial/ corporate advice.

although to be fair I think i saw the younger one dutifully singing along with one of the mindless chants at the KP.

Would that be one of the 'mindless chants' that sections of the crowd start in order to get a bit of atmosphere and try and motivate the players (and the crowd) to achieve something?

The thing is that employers don't tend to issue statements on a daily basis that they are not going to sack a member of staff.

Also - these guys don't seem to make statements about anything - although to be fair I think i saw the younger one dutifully singing along with one of the mindless chants at the KP.

I'm afraid that try as Durham and co might it's going to be tough to breathe much life into this thread.

It may be possible to revive it by the end September if we have a poor start to the season - although my guess is that next season will be similar to this season and Pearson will probably see it out. Depends a lot on whether the owners are going to fund some additional players. Pearson's hands seem tied on spending now which could create difficulties because his core playing staff is small. The new financial restrictions are irrelevant - provided you have reasonable imaginative financial/ corporate advice.

:icon_lol:

Bert reckons on Twitter that Pearson has gone.

There were also about half a dozen or so replies to his tweet that have now disappeared. I'm sure we'll find out in the fullness of time.

Gone. Thats saved me £550 :038:

This is just part of the negativity that Nige has been rightly moaning about.

Lose about 12 games on the trot at the business end of the season and the whingers start complaining. They even moaned when some French school kid grabs the ball when there is about the most crucial pen in the club's history and kicks it at the keeper'd legs at about 10mph - with the manager, captain and other senior players just having a well earned moment's breather.

Now just when Nige is planning for more triumphs next season we get these insidious rumours.

'One Nigel Pearson, only one Nigel Pearson'

Lose about 12 games on the trot at the business end of the season and the whingers start complaining. They even moaned when some French school kid grabs the ball when there is about the most crucial pen in the club's history and kicks it at the keeper'd legs at about 10mph - with the manager, captain and other senior players just having a well earned moment's breather.

Now just when Nige is planning for more triumphs next season we get these insidious rumours.

Do you get many nosebleeds up there in your ivory tower?

Last edited by a moderator:
First line of this seems to confirm that he has already gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00