Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of a statement or interview during this week proves the upper levels of this club are absolutely clueless. Considering it's season ticket renewal time, the fans want to know who the manager will be before putting down a decent sum of money. Instead, their constant farting about is making fans re-consider. You can debate the footballing merits and disadvantages to Pearson all day but the owners need to be direct in their intentions this Summer.

Are we scaling down with wages/players for example? Are we building to a sustainable future? I'd rather know than have some expectation that it's automatic promotion for any manager here on in their spell in charge of our club. If that's the case, I'll be calling for the prospective managers' head if we aren't in and around in the top six during next season.

If we are going to change manager, it needs to be a change without much transition. A manager like Poyet would see a complete change in tactics etc. meaning new players, new coaches etc. etc.

We already losing time on signing players out of contract in this country and abroad. Next season is a very long time away but other clubs are already making contact with players. Other clubs already have a retained list of players whose contracts are running out. Other clubs already have a pre-season planned (we made the same error when Pearson last left and had a rather symbolic schedule under Sousa).

Last edited:
He doesn't like rain on wedding days either.

Stringer need to pick up on this - if he is having to divide his energies between driving on LCFC - and a second career as a wedding planner then the Leicester public will be understanding and supportive.

Having taken time to reflect on the season, i'm finding it difficult to throw my support behind pearson, at times during the season we looked awesome, but others we were woeful, and we were very lucky to get into the playoffs.

I don't want the turmoil that would come from changing the manager, and i think it would be harsh on Pearson, but i am personally lacking confidence and worry that he could end up being sacked by September if he has a bad start. I think this would be worse for the club than changing now. If he is to stay, i would hope we could commit to having him until January at least, but i doubt the owners would be that patient.

If i was making the decision i would give him until january, but if the owners are doubting his ability he should be sacked now.

Last edited:
http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/football-league/24657-leicester-deny-pearson-sacking.php

by David Newbury

17th May 2013 10:59am BST

Exclusive

Leicester City have denied manager Nigel Pearson has been sacked.

Reports onTwitter claimed Pearson had been sacked after failing to reach each the Championship play-off final.

The cub denied the news, telling SportsDirect News: “This is the first we have heard about the reports.”

City added there were no discussions about Pearson's future currently taking place.

The lack of a statement or interview during this week proves the upper levels of this club are absolutely clueless. Considering it's season ticket renewal time, the fans want to know who the manager will be before putting down a decent sum of money. Instead, their constant farting about is making fans re-consider. You can debate the footballing merits and disadvantages to Pearson all day but the owners need to be direct in their intentions this Summer.

Are we scaling down with wages/players for example? Are we building to a sustainable future? I'd rather know than have some expectation that it's automatic promotion for any manager here on in their spell in charge of our club. If that's the case, I'll be calling for the prospective managers' head if we aren't in and around in the top six during next season.

If we are going to change manager, it needs to be a change without much transition. A manager like Poyet would see a complete change in tactics etc. meaning new players, new coaches etc. etc.

We already losing time on signing players out of contract in this country and abroad. Next season is a very long time away but other clubs are already making contact with players. Other clubs already have a retained list of players whose contracts are running out. Other clubs already have a pre-season planned (we made the same error when Pearson last left and had a rather symbolic schedule under Sousa).

I am afraid that the club are probably doing the right thing, as far as season tickets sales are concerned: you can buy your ticket because you think that NP is doing a good job or, because you believe that he is not but is going to get the push. This is a trick learned by politicians; they are always more popular before announcing policy.

For similar reasons, I do not expect to be told, at the moment, whether we are following spend, spend, spend, or cutting our cloth.... but, it would be nice to know as the season nears. Nigel Pearson cannot have decided unilaterally to move to a policy of youngsters this season - the board must have sanctioned each deal - and yet, it has never been suggested that we were departing from Sven's mad dash for the Premier League.

I am afraid that the club are probably doing the right thing, as far as season tickets sales are concerned: you can buy your ticket because you think that NP is doing a good job or, because you believe that he is not but is going to get the push. This is a trick learned by politicians; they are always more popular before announcing policy.

Certainly the City fans I know won't commit to getting a season ticket until there is a degree of assurance that Pearson will be here at the start of the season.

Sacking Pearson for Poyet would be nonsense. Every criticism Pearson gets from Leicester fans about being stubborn and tactically naive are exactly the same criticisms Brighton fans make of Poyet, while hes achieved no more than Pearson has.

Not to mention his Brighton side are the most defensive, thuggish and cynical side in the division.

Changing manager and coaching staff and having to have yet another squad overhaul for what, at best, can be described as a sideways step is ludicrous.

I would have no qualms seeing Pearson go if we could get either a proven manager at getting teams out of this division (someone like Mick McCarthy, even though we couldn't get him) or a young, up and coming manager from the lower leagues who plays attacking football, but not for just another defensive, stubborn and tactically lacking manager like Poyet.

Last edited:
Poyet - straight from Dennis Wise's school of management and very good friends.

Really hoping Pearson hasn't been booted out for this numpty.

Certainly the City fans I know won't commit to getting a season ticket until there is a degree of assurance that Pearson will be here at the start of the season.

The vast majority of existing season ticket holders will renew whatever.

Some others won't commit until they know Pearson will be staying.

Some others won't commit until they know we will be having a new manager next season.

Some of those who decide not to but a season ticket if Pearson goes will buy one anyway when they see who the new bloke is.

Overall, I don;t think the current impasse will have a great effect on the numbers of tickets sold.

Just had a look in at that 'other place' ... They're all going mad over there.

Stringer just had to include those last three words though, didn't he!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669