Pearson Move Delayed Til Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone help me here - if hull are being unreasonable about compensation, why cant NP et all resign ??? then hull get nowt and we can pay the 'golden handshakes' NP + miss out on from the compensation we have saved. i assume the LMA dont want to see things like this but if a club is unreasonable re compensation .......................

If he resigned they could sue him for breach of his contract of employment.

To answer your question MoFo, no, it doesn't work like that. Actually, probably handier if I just answer on fb...

Yeah, but he could till sign up and give me the extra 250MB :icon_bigg

If he resigned they could sue him for breach of his contract of employment.

Only if he has restrictions written into his contract if he resigned. However, employment law is quite restrictive re what an employer can do to restrict an employee in taking a new job. If hull are being 'unreasonable/greedy' wrt his contractual obligations, its only a matter if time before this is all sorted out.

Surely that is their bad planning?

It pales into insignificance compared to a board which sacks a manager without having considered his replacement. And then having let news about Pearson leak before agreeing a release fee.

It's obvious that we are more desperate than a drunk, fat, sweaty virgin at a disco. I'd take advantage of us too.

Only if he has restrictions written into his contract if he resigned. However, employment law is quite restrictive re what an employer can do to restrict an employee in taking a new job. If hull are being 'unreasonable/greedy' wrt his contractual obligations, its only a matter if time before this is all sorted out.

I know Hull want to take us for all they can, but you'd have thought that now Nigel has burnt his bridges they would want to get a new Manager sorted ASAP as well to avoid them slipping up.

I'm an employment/litigation solicitor. It would be very unusual for their not to be a lengthy notice period or restrictive covenants preventing a football manager from going to work for a competitor for a reasonable period. Such a clause would in my view not be unreasonable. It is highly unlikely that he will simply be able to resign and come to work for us without any consequence. Without permission you would most likely be looking at a breach of contract claim. His new employer could also potentially be hit for any consequential losses.

I draft contracts like this for a living.

I'm an employment/litigation solicitor. It would be very unusual for their not to be a lengthy notice period or restrictive covenants preventing a football manager from going to work for a competitor for a reasonable period. Such a clause would in my view not be unreasonable. It is highly unlikely that he will simply be able to resign and come to work for us without any consequence. Without permission you would most likely be looking at a breach of contract claim. His new employer could also potentially be hit for any consequential losses.

i agree but i would also assume there would be a release clause for a given sum of compensation. surely the club is not entitled to alter that figure without running into legal problems regarding enforcement of other clauses re restrictive covenants ????

I don't see why there would be an agreed compensatory figure in the contract. The very fact that they are arguing over compensation suggests that there isn't.

Hope you get someone to proof read your write ups, else you won't be taken very seriously ;)

I'm typing using my I-phone on a football forum. I could give two shits about spelling, punctuation or grammar.

There are people on here who clearly haven't had human contact in a long time.

We simply don't know what are the precise issues holding up these discussions - even if there is a contact release sum stipulated for Pearson, they could still be arguing about the compensation for Walsh & Shakespeare and its likely that Pearson won't come without them.

The Mercury keeps trying to keep its readers going with speculative stories dressed up as inside information because it can't simply leave the matter alone given that its got papers to sell..

One thing that i do think is that we are suffering because the media and this includes the local media has portrayed the owners as having almost limitless money - making us prey to all and sundry. My fear is that at some point this belief that we have loads of money will be shattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669