Pearson Move Delayed Til Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Scoop or not, this is worth it's own thread imo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15621888.stm

Leicester City are now not expected to appoint Hull City manager Nigel Pearson as their new boss until Friday.

The Foxes had been set to name Pearson, who was in charge of City for two years from June 2008, as their manager for a second time by Wednesday.

But the clubs are still trying to agree compensation terms, both for 48-year-old Pearson and backroom coaching duo Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh.

Leicester have been managerless since Sven-Goran Eriksson left in October.

The Tigers initially refused Leicester permission to speak to Pearson when an approach was made on Sunday.

But the club then relented after Pearson asked to talk to his former employers.

The Foxes' big-spending Thai owners are desperate to win promotion to the Premier League and were keen to replace former England manager Eriksson with someone who has a proven track record in the Championship.

And BBC Radio Humberside's David Burns is convinced Pearson will be confirmed as the new man in charge at the King Power Stadium.

"I would expect an announcement to say Pearson is the new Leicester City manger," Burns said. "That is the indication I am picking up.

"No-one is going on the record but everyone I talk to, people close to Pearson and people at the club, think it's happening and he is Leicester's man."

Last week, Huddersfield Town manager Lee Clark dismissed speculation linking him with the Foxes role, while ex-Leicester boss Martin O'Neill refused to comment on rumours he may return to his former job.

A number of other names have been put forward as potential candidates, including former Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies and ex-Cardiff manager Dave Jones.

Before that, he had two successful seasons in charge at the Walkers Stadium, winning the League One title in 2008-09 and taking the club to the Championship play-offs in 2009-10.

The former Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough defender also previously managed Carlisle and Southampton, as well as having caretaker spells in charge of West Bromwich Albion, Newcastle United and England Under-21s.

There has been no official comment from either club at this stage.

Did you actually put that bet on then Prof?

So he's round the corner but is struggling to make the turn?

Yeah I reckon so too, though I would be worrying a bit now if it were my wages riding on it!!

Just weren't sure if you did actually go for it or if was just a throw away comment to get a reaction.

I don't think this is the right place to discuss whether or not this should or should not have been a new thread. That surely deserves a thread of its own.

Perhaps under "other sports"

Why on earth does it need a new thread?

I think the clue is in your second sentence:

The only new bit of news is in the first sentence.

He even went as far as to actually put that into the thread title, so you'd have thought there'd be nobody getting all confused as to why he thought it might deserve a thread of its own.

The rest has been printed in the press before.

And is the topic being discussed in other threads.

Apparently you're looking for excuses to have a pop at the Profosaurus, my advice would be to pick your targets a little better or you'll just end up looking like a cock-end

Apparently you're looking for excuses to have a pop at the Profosaurus, my advice would be to pick your targets a little better or you'll just end up looking like a cock-end
Yeah you should pick on me as I'm very stupid, and lose loads of arguments because of it!

I think the clue is in your second sentence:

He even went as far as to actually put that into the thread title, so you'd have thought there'd be nobody getting all confused as to why he thought it might deserve a thread of its own.

And is the topic being discussed in other threads.

So sweet of you to take time out of your busy schedule to give me your advice, which I shall promptly ignore as usual. Mainly because you are wrong.

Show of hands...who thinks something will go disastrously wrong by Friday & we end up starting the search all over again on Saturday morning? What with this being LCFC & all.

So sweet of you to take time out of your busy schedule to give me your advice, which I shall promptly ignore as usual. Mainly because you are wrong.
Oh dear! I'm going to hide now can somebody please let me know when the carnage is over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566