Pearson Move Delayed Til Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but the person who told me could of been. Have you heard anything?

Someone on FT claims it's all sorted. Apparently this person said it was Pearson 2 days before it gathered pace in the media etc. That said, some journo for the mercury states it probably won't be sorted tomorrow however the deal is very much on.

I've gone past the point of caring to be honest.

I Think that it must put the deal in doubt, if there was no issue he would be here by now.

Since Pearson is no longer taking training at Hull, and we are undoubtably keen to get him in i would conclude that any delay must be pretty serious.

The delay is sorting out his 8 staff members that Hull have told Pearson to take with him!
This includes Shakespear + Wallsh, Plus 2 video technicians, 2 fitness instructors, 1 physocolagistand 1 goalkeeping coach (Shamus McDonner)

The delay is sorting out his 8 staff members that Hull have told Pearson to take with him!
This includes Shakespear + Wallsh, Plus 2 video technicians, 2 fitness instructors, 1 physocolagistand 1 goalkeeping coach (Shamus McDonner)

I can imagine us wanting to bring a few of them, but not all of them.... and I'm pretty sure Hull can't say you have to take them with you!

I still think this will go through if the only issue is compensation, as we're in a better bargaining position than Hull. It would be difficult for Pearson to now continue at Hull.

A what?!

Its a cross between a Physiotherapist and a Psychologist. They make you think your torn hamstring is better. Saves a fortune on painkillers!

From todays Mercury:

Leicester City must pay £1million if they want to prise Nigel Pearson away from Hull City, the Mercury understands.

Negotiations over Pearson's potential return to City have reached a stand-off over Hull's seven-figure compensation demands.

It is still believed Pearson will eventually return to the King Power Stadium after nearly 18 months with the Tigers.

But City will either have to agree to pay the figure, which includes the employment of Pearson's assistants Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh, or Hull's Egyptian owners must relent and accept a figure of around £675,000, which is believed to be what the Tigers paid for Pearson in June 2010.

The third option is for Pearson to resign and leave himself open to legal action for breach of contract, something he will be reluctant to do, and the 48-year-old will hope a compromise between the two clubs can be reached.

However, both sets of owners are powerful in the business world and are used to playing 'hard-ball', and it seems a case of which side will blink first.

Hull owner and chairman Assem Allam is a said to be a formidable businessman who has been stung by the prospect of losing Pearson, who has 20 months remaining on his Tigers contract.

Allam will not allow Pearson to depart without sending out an unequivocal message.

However, City's owners, Thai chairman Vichai Raksriaksorn and his son, vice-chairman Aiywatt Raksriaksorn, are also tough businessmen who have built the King Power empire in Asia.

While they have demonstrated they are willing to spend big to achieve their aim of getting City back into the Premier League, they have time and again made it known they will not be held to ransom.

A £1m figure for Pearson, on top of the pay-off that manager Sven-Goran Eriksson received when he left the club more than two weeks ago, could take the bill for the managerial change to around £2m.

As a result, Pearson's future has been left in limbo and the delay in his transition back to City is eating into his preparation time for the visit of Crystal Palace a week on Sunday, which is expected to be his first game in charge.

City had hoped to have their man in place before this weekend and get their promotion push back on course quickly, but it appears a final deal with Hull is far from complete.

And what they're saying in Hull:

HULL City are demanding in excess of £1m from Leicester City if they are to finally land manager Nigel Pearson.

The Tigers have been involved in lengthy talks over a settlement package this week and an uncompromising stance has ensured Pearson's exit has become increasingly protracted.

City owner Assem Allam may have resigned himself to losing his manager but he is determined to see the divorce come on his terms.

The Mail understands Leicester are willing to meet a compensation figure written into Pearson's contract that would see City net about £700,000.

However, given the disruption to his side's promotion push, and keen to send out a message of the club's strength, sources say Allam wants a further £500,000 to conclude the deal. With Leicester keen to complete the swoop and have Pearson in place as soon as possible, that could force the manager to consider resigning from his role at the KC Stadium.

It is not the way Pearson would like to leave East Yorkshire, but having seemingly burnt his bridges with the Tigers, he could be left with little other choice but to resign.

Compensation packages for Pearson and his two assistants, Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh, would then be decided in due course by legal representatives from both clubs.

Pearson was not expected to be at City's training ground today as the first team are put through the final session of the week before time off is granted to coincide with the international break.

Duties will again fall on Nick Barmby and Stuart Watkiss as the search for a new boss continues out of the spotlight.

Barmby declined to comment on the possibility of him succeeding Pearson as first-team boss after the reserve team clash with Gateshead at North Ferriby last night.

Just for those idio... sorry... fans who think that NP is a step backwards, hoofball etc...

A few select quotes from the Hull forums...

I'm loving the way we are playing our football, much more entertaining than our promotion season. The problem is we do not have a Windass or a Campbell and there is no prospect of bringing in £50k per week players

Read more: http://www.hull.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16751&posts=14#ixzz1dISerElI

They said on Look North that Pearson is frustrated by the 'penny pinching' at the club. Personally I think it would be a shame if he left, He's building a good young squad, which are showing occasional glimpses of real talent.

Read more: http://www.hull.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16751&posts=14#ixzz1dITALlyc

Just said to a good friend of mine who is a Leicester fan. The only thing I wish for now if this is true is that we beat you lot at Wembley with a Fryatt goal. Now that is a big impossible ****ing dream innit.

I would hope there will be a clause within the deal declaring that NP is not allowed to recall Waghorn, and must wait until January to get him back. Otherwise we are looking like toothless tigers upfront!

And what they're saying in Hull:

The Mail understands Leicester are willing to meet a compensation figure written into Pearson's contract that would see City net about £700,000.

However, given the disruption to his side's promotion push, and keen to send out a message of the club's strength, sources say Allam wants a further £500,000 to conclude the deal.

So Hull don't just want compensation, they want compensation PLUS!. Greedy bastards!

Normally when a manager leaves a club, the sum payable is normally settled on the amount still outstanding on his contract. Assistants and others are normally either sacked or kept on for a while and then sacked when the replacement manager brings in his own team. It seems as though ikn this case Hull are expecting to get all of these contracts paid up and then some.

Solution is for Pearson to resign; a court would then say that he had to pay the amount outstanding on his contract; and then we would have to wait a while for the others to join him. I do sense though that the whole deal is running into difficulties.

Last edited:
It's ok. Joe Simm has just recruited a new £5m investment :038:

So Hull don't just want compensation, they want compensation PLUS!. Greedy bastards!

Normally when a manager leaves a club, the sum payable is normally settled on the amount still outstanding on his contract. Assistants and others are normally either sacked or kept on for a while and then sacked when the replacement manager brings in his own team. It seems as though ikn this case Hull are expecting to get all of these contracts paid up and then some.

Solution is for Pearson to resign; a court would then say that he had to pay the amount outstanding on his contract; and then we would have to wait a while for the others to join him. I do sense though that the whole deal is running into difficulties.

They are trying it on. I would expect unless the back down and compromise a little, NP will be forced in to resigning, as you say.

Just for those idio... sorry... fans who think that NP is a step backwards, hoofball etc...

A few select quotes from the Hull forums...

So what are we supposed to learn from these particular quotes Kingster? Are they really the best you could find to demonstrate that it isn't a step backwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566