Pearson Move Delayed Til Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for those idio... sorry... fans who think that NP is a step backwards, hoofball etc...

A few select quotes from the Hull forums...

Selective quotes breh. I'm sure if I dig hard enough I can find the same number of people who are glad to see the back of him. That said, I don't understand the people who are against Pearson. He's a progressive manager who got the best out of ordinary players [Weale, Dyer, Morrison etc.] and I'm pretty convinced that with Pearson in charge we'd jump up the table like a young Vince Carter. People are also forgetting that Pearson got an eye for a bargain + he plucked Michael Morrison out of obscurity and turned him into a decent defender.

Nigel Pearson is the best thing that happened to this club in years, and we committed the grave sin of letting him go.

He was the dodgy Thai chap on the panorama programme that was getting all these £5m investments from various people to buy football clubs. We were named as a potential club by Bryan Robson.

It was a poor effort by me, lets just move on :icon_lol:

The delay is sorting out his 8 staff members that Hull have told Pearson to take with him!
This includes Shakespear + Wallsh, Plus 2 video technicians, 2 fitness instructors, 1 physocolagistand 1 goalkeeping coach (Shamus McDonner)

Does this mean that Stowell will no longer be needed?

It's Seamus McDonagh and he has been at City before. I seem to remember that he left us to go to Celtic shortly after MON went up there and then moved on to Villa with MON.

Stowell was our goalkeeping coach under Pearson and he may prefer him to McDonagh. Unless it's written into his contract, there is no way that Hull can force Pearson to take Mc Donagh or any of his back-room staff with him nor could they force City to take him on.

The delay is sorting out his 8 staff members that Hull have told Pearson to take with him!
This includes Shakespear + Wallsh, Plus 2 video technicians, 2 fitness instructors, 1 physocolagistand 1 goalkeeping coach (Shamus McDonner)

So much for the spell checker on me phone!

Stowell was our goalkeeping coach under Pearson and he may prefer him to McDonagh. Unless it's written into his contract, there is no way that Hull can force Pearson to take Mc Donagh or any of his back-room staff with him nor could they force City to take him on.

I dunno then Boc but a friend of mine who works at the club was told last night that Hull are insisting that Pearson takes everybody with him even though we might not want all of them, then it is proberbly up to us to pay them off.

I dunno then Boc but a friend of mine who works at the club was told last night that Hull are insisting that Pearson takes everybody with him even though we might not want all of them, then it is proberbly up to us to pay them off.

They're simply trying it on - and it seems as though we are calling their bluff.

We might not want Seamus McDonagh, its only Hull insisting they all leave

Unless their contracts are linked in some way, Hull will have to sack those that don't want to leave. That's their problem, not ours.

With regards to style of play and defensive fotball: Hull fans on another forum are all saying that they are playing entertaining football and creating plenty of chances but just did not take them and their strikers just aren't good enough (plenty on their bemoaning Fryatt and Waghorn as crap). The Football League website lists Hull as having the 6th most shots on target in the division this season despite playing a game less than the majority of the division. Indeed, they have had 1 more shot on goal than West Ham but scored half the goals.

I've heard people say "well, we'll win games 1-0." Either they are being deliberately obtuse or they can't even remember 2 or 3 years back. We were the top scorers in the country in 08/09 and while may have struggled scoring in the first half of 09/10, we scored plenty of goals in the second half after Fryatt got injured. In fact I can remember putting 4 or 5 goals past opposition more times under NP than I can under any other manager. Just off the top of my head: Wallsall away, Cheltenham both home and away, Huddersfield at home, Peterborough at home, QPR at home, Watford at home and Scunthorpe at home just in the space of 2 years all saw 4 or 5 goals go past them against us.

That's the connection, right there: Fryatt was a good player at getting into goalscoring opportunities, but he was a very poor finisher. In hindsight as soon as he got injured we started scoring a hell of a lot more goals. We already have a much better striker (Nugent) at the club and potentially another one (Beckford, if he can get us playing), so I'm not worried about us being a defensive low scoring team at all, because I don't think we will be, because we always created chances under NP, just like Hull have done, but the difference is we don't have strikers who can't take them anymore.

It could also mean that WeightyeightDY is just making shit up

Really, well I can tell you for sure that I wouldn't waste my time coming on ere making shit up so take it or leave it pal!!!

With regards to style of play and defensive fotball: Hull fans on another forum are all saying that they are playing entertaining football and creating plenty of chances but just did not take them and their strikers just aren't good enough (plenty on their bemoaning Fryatt and Waghorn as crap). The Football League website lists Hull as having the 6th most shots on target in the division this season despite playing a game less than the majority of the division. Indeed, they have had 1 more shot on goal than West Ham but scored half the goals.

I've heard people say "well, we'll win games 1-0." Either they are being deliberately obtuse or they can't even remember 2 or 3 years back. We were the top scorers in the country in 08/09 and while may have struggled scoring in the first half of 09/10, we scored plenty of goals in the second half after Fryatt got injured. In fact I can remember putting 4 or 5 goals past opposition more times under NP than I can under any other manager. Just off the top of my head: Wallsall away, Cheltenham both home and away, Huddersfield at home, Peterborough at home, QPR at home, Watford at home and Scunthorpe at home just in the space of 2 years all saw 4 or 5 goals go past them against us.

That's the connection, right there: Fryatt was a good player at getting into goalscoring opportunities, but he was a very poor finisher. In hindsight as soon as he got injured we started scoring a hell of a lot more goals. We already have a much better striker (Nugent) at the club and potentially another one (Beckford, if he can get us playing), so I'm not worried about us being a defensive low scoring team at all, because I don't think we will be, because we always created chances under NP, just like Hull have done, but the difference is we don't have strikers who can't take them anymore.

Good post. Seeing the highlights of the Hull game against West Ham it was clear they were creating chances but didn't put them in the goal.

I think we'll create opportunities here and hopefully we'll be better at putting them away.

Maybe they should open up contract negotiations with Fryatt. Amazing how many goals he scored when his contract was up for renewal. Trouble is they all seemed to dry up at about the same time as the ink on his contract.

Head says this is normal negotiating tactics, including the rumours that we've losing interest, to make them ask for less and it'll still all be sorted some time next week.

Heart says OMG he's not coming, whyyyyyyyyy :bang: :icon_cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670