Pearson Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me but for someone who is connected with the club in some capacity is Lineker not coming across as a complete tit with his Twitter remarks?

I can't believe someone holding a roll, be it ambassadorial or official, would be so insulting towards the owners.

Is it just me but for someone who is connected with the club in some capacity is Lineker not coming across as a complete tit with his Twitter remarks?

I can't believe someone holding a roll, be it ambassadorial or official, would be so insulting towards the owners.

What has he said Lako?

Firstly let me say that I am not comparing Nigel's achievements to those of Brian Clough at Derby. However, there may be parallels in the breakdown of relations between the board and the manager.

Sam Longson at Derby was under pressure at Derby because of Clough's behaviour. Clough made it clear that he thought the FA was incompetent and football was badly governed. He attacked the diving and harassment of referees which teams other than Derby were beginning to use.. He infuriated Leeds by calling for the Football League to relegate them. It should be said that most fans around the country felt Clough spoke for them in a way no other manager did.

Longson was frequently asked "Can't you control your manager?". It may be that the Thais faced the same problem and felt Nigel was bad for their brand. The board should remember that if the new manager gets us relegated that will be very bad for the brand.

Sky Sports are saying NP had no idea he was going to be sacked or that the relationship between him and the board was so bad. He also played full part in the Shinji transfer and was sacked over the phone.

Sky Sports are saying NP had no idea he was going to be sacked or that the relationship between him and the board was so bad. He also played full part in the Shinji transfer and was sacked over the phone.

Given the debacle over his previous sacking, I imagine Pearson probably stormed out of a Board meeting having spat his dummy out again over the Thai incident or whatever new direction the Board wanted, so there was a show of hands and then someone made the phone call.

I get the impression that this is the chairman's doing who seems to have never liked Pearson. Probably Pearson didn't bend the knee enough and acknowledge that all of Leicester's success was solely down to the chairman.

From reading the article, especially the last paragraph, it suggests that the Thai's have sacked NP because of his son's actions in Thailand, not because of anything he has said or done about the incident.

I feared that, being Asian and given the core values in the East, that this would be an issue. That "children are a map of their parents" etc.. and the owners may take action due to that.

I really hope it isn't. Question is, will they make the right decision and fix it? Will the players support the new manager? This was set to be the best season since 1999. Even Fuchs said that the was NP's phone call that sealed the lcfc deal for him. Lets hope the players can move forward.

I get the impression that this is the chairman's doing who seems to have never liked Pearson. Probably Pearson didn't bend the knee enough and acknowledge that all of Leicester's success was solely down to the chairman.

I'd agree with this too. I see it all too often in my (Indian) community. Power hungry, wealthy, middle-aged men will show their power etc by making decisions based on showing "respect and appreciation." It's almost as if they can only see certain things and it generally makes them look incompetent.

Given the debacle over his previous sacking, I imagine Pearson probably stormed out of a Board meeting having spat his dummy out again over the Thai incident or whatever new direction the Board wanted, so there was a show of hands and then someone made the phone call.

You 'imagine' something up and that is the best you can do?

If we are making stuff up, I think it was Top that was recording the 'Thai incident' and once NP's son got sacked, NP threatened to go public. They therefore had him assassinated and have now said he has been sacked.

Is it a coincidence that NP hasn't been seen or heard since the news broke?

You know, if that BBC article is accurate, then, I'm afraid, this is a major mistake by the board. I was going on the assumption that the sacking was because NP was unhappy at the treatment of his idiot son - in which case, I had little sympathy for him. This article seems to suggest he wasn't, and that as far as he was concerned it was business as usual. If the board have been allowing him to sign players, even in the days leading up to his sacking, then it defies belief that they were planning to do this. Particularly as most articles are stating the club has nobody lined up to replace him. I think it's become fairly obvious that NP and the old man had a difficult working relationship, whereas NP and the younger son got on very well. It seems this time snr. got his way. If I was a player at the club, I would be asking serious questions now. Unless a top draw manager appears in the next few days, I think some agent phones will be getting very busy. The players will see a manager they loved being removed for non footballing reasons. This will not end well.

Believe it or not, I did not want Pearson dismissed at this juncture: he wouldn't be a chap that I would invite to a party, but based upon the end of the season, he deserved another season.

We will probably never know the true cause of this action but, I am amazed at certain people suggesting that the board have not backed Pearson. There was a time, just before the amazing run last season, when most on this board would not have complained had the owners jettisoned Pearson. They stood by him then and one has to assume that something, possibly connected to Pearson jr., has tipped the situation.

I'd have thought a non-disclosure clause would have been in place in any "settlement" accompanying the "sacking" of both Pearson and Pearson Jr.

I wasn't entirely serious with my suggestion he had been assassinated...

...although if they had assassinated him would this not be a good cover?

Despite what the board have said about taking their time and getting the 'right man', I believe they have to act quickly in order to bring some calm to the situation. It's not in their interests to let speculation run amok for weeks on end.

Any time from November to April Pearson could have been sacked and there would not have been a torrent of disagreement as he was not producing the results.
We all laughed at #stayingupwithhomer because it was looking increasingly unlikely until the West Ham match on Easter Saturday.
The owners backed him then for footballing reasons, despite his outbursts, when conventional wisdom said bring in Townsend or Allardyce or Pulis like the other bottom clubs did.

They are not backing him now, when the pressure is off, so it is probably for non-footballing reasons, shame over the Thai incident will be prominent. It does not matter that Pearson Jr was not filmed having a blow job or racially or otherwise abusing the 'ladies'. The Manager's son WAS there and brought the club into disrepute. If the manager cannot instill pride and discipline of his club's ethos into his own son, how are the owners going to view him other than as a PR 'bombscare'?

We still have a terrific squad of players who genuinely like each other and play for each other as a team. I am certain there will be a long list of managers who would love such a squad and will not dismantle it. I am certain also that most of the players will stay for any 'good' manager appointed, Klopp, Guardiola or Enrique, although the last two might be more difficult to persuade to come here!

La la land, I suggest people get the name Klopp and his like out of their head immediately, it's utterly delusional and will only result in a sense of disappointment when the actual manager is unveiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669