Pearson Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it so unbelievable that people can make decisions based on strongly held principles and beliefs? I realise the last 35 years of neo con/lib economic ideology has skewed a lot of peoples thinking, but there are still people who have standards and beliefs they trust more than money and ego.
And can we please stop with the 'they've already sacked him once' garbage. They did not sack him. Mandaric engineered his exit, because he believed someone with more of a name would make the sale easier, a sale, lets not forget, where Mad Mandy was buying and selling. They weren't even major shareholders when it happened. And he remained as chairman afterwards.
Oh, and I think this decision is wrong. But there may be more to it. We are all, me included, guessing at the moment. Maybe NP took budgie the helicopter up the wrong 'un while they were waiting to leave on it, filmed it and showed it on the big screen at the KP before an invited audience of close friends and relatives. We'll never know now....

Of course our owners have an ego, however the agenda of our owners is different to many.

They want a club they can be proud of and show off in their home country, and in their culture that means more than just being in the premier league.

The story of the season just gone is longer than the last 2 months, for most of it Leicester City were losing and bottom of the table, Pearson has personally been responsible for verbally attacking a fan, the incident with McArthur and ostrich gate. He takes much of the responsibility for the poor performance of much of the season and presumably as manager should have been responsible for controlling the players on the goodwill tour, not too mention that his own son was involved in the incident.

I imagine that for most of this season our owners have been reluctant to bring up the subject of Leicester City when they were with family and friends, mingling with Thai royalty or associating with their peers in the business world.

It is hardly surprising that they feel he had to go, and perhaps more surprising that they waited so long.

Why is it so unbelievable that people can make decisions based on strongly held principles and beliefs? I realise the last 35 years of neo con/lib economic ideology has skewed a lot of peoples thinking, but there are still people who have standards and beliefs they trust more than money and ego.
And can we please stop with the 'they've already sacked him once' garbage. They did not sack him. Mandaric engineered his exit, because he believed someone with more of a name would make the sale easier, a sale, lets not forget, where Mad Mandy was buying and selling. They weren't even major shareholders when it happened. And he remained as chairman afterwards.
Oh, and I think this decision is wrong. But there may be more to it. We are all, me included, guessing at the moment. Maybe NP took budgie the helicopter up the wrong 'un while they were waiting to leave on it, filmed it and showed it on the big screen at the KP before an invited audience of close friends and relatives. We'll never know now....
However strongly you hold the principle that a person should be sacked for the actions of an adult child, you're still an idiot who deserves calling out for it.

However strongly you hold the principle that a person should be sacked for the actions of an adult child, you're still an idiot who deserves calling out for it.
I think Feriol just answered that one. The 'actions of an adult child' were probably the final straw rather than the main/only reason.

I think Feriol just answered that one. The 'actions of an adult child' were probably the final straw rather than the main/only reason.
First, last, only, or one of many, it's still not something that should be treated as a straw by any civilised individual.

Unless I've completely missed the point, I think that calling someone an idiot, when your own assumptions of what's happened are purely based on rumours and speculation, is a little ironic.

First, last, only, or one of many, it's still not something that should be treated as a straw by any civilised individual.

Sure. Tell them, not me. I've already said I think from a football point of view it is the wrong decision.

However, we are not party to the conversations with NP and the Board over the Thai trio being sacked. Maybe Nigel didn't think his son should have been sacked. Maybe the owners believe a father should have more control over his sons behaviour, even if his son is an adult, especially if he is also his boss, and, lets be straight about it, only here because his father is the manager. Maybe NP shat in a KP duty free bag on the trip. WE WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY NEVER FIND OUT. But, the decision has been taken. So lets decide if we support LCFC or NPFC. I know my answer. Shit happens. People from different cultures have different moral and personal beliefs. Doesn't make them 'dodgy'.

Well, I don't seem to remember even Mad Mandy made sure he was the first to be announced and led the procession. Used to be, the owners kept out of the limelight on such events.

Well I did not see it, so yes that was a bit different.

So they organised some publicity for their Asian markets?

Does not make them a rival to Kim Jong-un does it?

And considering the long term investment they have made into the club's training facilities, the sports science team, and the manager and playing staff, why shouldn't they come out first?

I think we need some cultural perspective here. I have no problem with religious wooden elephants outside the stadium and Buddhist monks arriving by helicopter to 'bless' the pitch.

If Top and his dad, after a successful season, want to show off to 'the folks back home', I am good with that.

Reactions: rjk
Unless I've completely missed the point, I think that calling someone an idiot, when your own assumptions of what's happened are purely based on rumours and speculation, is a little ironic.
It has been widely reported that this is at least part of the reason behind the sacking, with some criticisms for that. Despite a mealy mouthed reason given last night, there has been no denial of the emerging narrative. If this really is nothing to do with the sacking, they're idiots for allowing it to be painted as the case.

Lost all interest in new season now. Does anyone know if it is possible to cancel a season ticket? Serious question.

That was close to my reaction. I am no longer looking forward to the season. However, this will pass.

Grow up, you don't know the background to this, it obviously wasn't an easy decision

Rather extreme Lako. Many of us have spent a great deal of money and invested a lot of emotion in the club. We deserve a serious answer.

We none of us know the background to this. We know that Nigel was trusted to spend millions on the Japanese striker last week. Nigel was "astonished" at the decision which suggests that there was no real background before a board meeting. If there had been a "breakdown in a working relationship" Nigel would surely have been aware of it.

You have to applaud AND support the owners integrity if nothing else

An astonishing answer. They have given no proper reason and sacked Nigel by telephone. People are speculating but the board has not mentioned the video, James MacArthur, ostriches.

The list of possible candidates is dispiriting and none of them seems a patch on Pearson. However. the attacks on Allardyce, Dyche and Cotterill seem rather harsh. Allardyce is very experienced and generally leaves clubs better than he found them. Dyche did brilliantly in getting Burnley promotion and did not get the financial support he needed in the Premier League. I always felt that Cotterill never really got a chance to prove himself.

Sadly Nigel going is likely to see Walsh and Shakespeare go as well. One name that has not been mentioned is Chris Powell. I admit to having no evidence to back this up but I feel he could become a top manager. He might be able to keep Walsh and Shakespeare.

There is a case for appointing Mike Stowell. The results might be poor but his comments on referees and his reaction to stupid questions would be great.

."

Well, at least everyone is coping with the temperature and remaining civil.
It is a bit warm, isn't it?
I could have chosen to make a post quoting someone and then make it ambiguous enough that they couldn't be certain if it was them or the clubs owners being called idiots and not civilised. But it isn't all about me. So I decided it wasn't worth it.

I really don't think anyone has a leg to stand on just yet with whether the owners deserve criticism. We have absolutely no visibility to what has gone on behind the scenes.

Until then I'm more prone to take it at face value. The board and the manager didn't get along and one of them had to go. As well as Pearson did...there is only one winner in that little scenario.

I really don't think anyone has a leg to stand on just yet with whether the owners deserve criticism. We have absolutely no visibility to what has gone on behind the scenes.

Until then I'm more prone to take it at face value. The board and the manager didn't get along and one of them had to go. As well as Pearson did...there is only one winner in that little scenario.

I believe Nigel and Top got along very well. I think the problems were with his father. But after Thailand, it probably was too much for Top to defend after everything else that went on this season. Lets not forget, it was a goodwill trip in their own country. And Nigel was in charge of the players.

I just amused myself by looking up Little Jimmy Pearson's career stats.In the history of football can such an enormous amount of chaos ever have been caused by such an utter nobody? He's 22 & played 8 league games in L1 & the Conference.The only person ever to give him a pro contract is his old man.He's basically the footballing equivalent of those trustafarian arsewipes that used to make my piss boil in London some years back.
Talentless,worthless ****s unfit for any kind of meaningful work & yet arrogant as ****.All backed up by Daddy's chequebook.

Sometimes it's best to leave your kids to their own devices so they eventually realise what ****s they are & grow up.

**** knows what actually happened.I suppose we'll read all about it in someone's autobiography in 20 years time.Probably won't be Jimmy boy's though.

I think it's fair to speculate that the Thailand incident is at the centre of this.

I agree.

Sure. Tell them, not me. I've already said I think from a football point of view it is the wrong decision.

However, we are not party to the conversations with NP and the Board over the Thai trio being sacked. Maybe Nigel didn't think his son should have been sacked. Maybe the owners believe a father should have more control over his sons behaviour, even if his son is an adult, especially if he is also his boss, and, lets be straight about it, only here because his father is the manager. Maybe NP shat in a KP duty free bag on the trip. WE WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY NEVER FIND OUT. But, the decision has been taken. So lets decide if we support LCFC or NPFC. I know my answer. Shit happens. People from different cultures have different moral and personal beliefs. Doesn't make them 'dodgy'.

Oh lordy, enough with the strawman-building. I could just as easily ask if you support LCFC or KPFC if I were interested in such. I know my answer too, and of course I'm sure that yours is the same. That doesn't mean that either of us should mindlessly accept anything from the football club though

And as for your moral relativism over whether a parent should be sacked for the behaviour of their adult child - which is what this has widely been reported as with no contradiction from the club - I should think that you'd be pretty appalled if you were hauled in by your boss tomorrow, to be informed that they're taking away your livelihood due to that nasty newspaper story about somebody you care about. Would you let it pass, or would you be glad of the laws, regulations and unions in this country that would compensate you and punish such a shoddy employer? If so, why is acceptable for someone in another part of the world to be treated in such a fashion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669