Pearson Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone else has said this, but I've actually lost quite a lot of respect for Pearson in coming back. He always sets himself out as a man of honor and only left the club because he felt he was nudged towards Hull. Hull certainly wanted to keep him and turned down our request and he threw their good faith back in their faces and asked to speak to the club that he felt treated him with disregard. It just makes me think that Pearson is far from the moralistic man he paints himself to be and in fact has far fewer morals than most managers. I really don't think there would be many out there, that would go back to a club so quickly after leaving it. If I was a Hull City fan I'd be disgusted with him, and as a Leicester fan I don't believe that his return is anything to do with his love for the club and should a bigger opportunity, or one with a higher wage packet, come along he'll be off again.

Man offered better wage packet and takes job shocker....
Not that part that bothers me, he's the man who claims to be one of principle and to come back to a club he alleges didn't want him is a bit of a contradiction to me. If he were really that man and that was what really happened he would have told us to f**k off!

Not that part that bothers me, he's the man who claims to be one of principle and to come back to a club he alleges didn't want him is a bit of a contradiction to me. If he were really that man and that was what really happened he would have told us to f**k off!

I don't think he's made out that to be the case, it's the media stereotype attached to him. He resigned due to his relationship with the chief executive at the time.

I don't really see it as a contradiction according to that and to add, he could have walked from Hull but didn't. He stayed as it were to ensure that compensation was correctly conducted.

EDIT: I have just looked through his interview after leaving us and we're both wide of the mark what was said.

Last edited:
He would have walked from Hull, he forced their hand. It appears he's been here all weekend negotiating the deal and Hull didn't really have a choice in the matter.I think his character has been called into question this week.

NP was forced out of the club
- Inviting a manager to the club to watch the game in which he is told he will be the next manager
- Showing a manager around whilst the current manager is still in a job
- Showing buyers around the club and the manager is not informed on what is happening
- Accepting an offer for NP whilst he was out on holidays and knew nothing about

MM & LH forced NP out of the club to get the bigger name to play more stylish football - which backfired in our face, I for one was upset when NP left but when the reason's were told he had no choice but to leave.

NP is now back and i am very happy with the appointment, he has come back to a board that will let him do his job and back him with a good transfer kitty to do his job. He can now concentrate on the job ahead.

NIGEL PEARSONS BLUE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

He would have walked from Hull, he forced their hand. It appears he's been here all weekend negotiating the deal and Hull didn't really have a choice in the matter.I think his character has been called into question this week.

But he didn't....your argument is the same as 'what if'

He didn't walk in a contractural sense. If he had, a tribunal would have been costly for all parties. By staying put, he ensured that the compensation as paid as per the clause within his contract with Hull City FC.

If you're playing on the principal matter, it's a two way street and last week, Hull decided to move away from that by attempting to gain more money than what was agreed in contract. Maybe that made up Pearson's mind....

Last edited:
Could he be the man to seriously get Beckford flying, I seriously think it could turn out very well for him and Mills.

But he didn't....your argument is the same as 'what if'

He didn't walk in a contractural sense. If he had, a tribunal would have been costly for all parties. By staying put, he ensured that the compensation as paid as per the clause within his contract with Hull City FC.

If you're playing on the principal matter, it's a two way street and last week, Hull decided to move away from that by attempting to gain more money than what was agreed in contract. Maybe that made up Pearson's mind....

They were more than entitled to do that, why do you think players have transfer fees higher than what their contracts are worth? he was their asset, them putting a large rprice on his head should make him feel wanted not push him away.

Spanky Fox, if NP was forced out of the club then why on earth would he ever want to come back? If I got forced out of a company and they wanted me back, I'd certainly tell them where to go. The offer for NP wasn't accepted while he was away, that was the new owners being shown round and to be fair there's nothing wrong with that. It wasn't his club it was Milan's and if you've got an overseas interested party wanting to look round and you're wanting to sell you're not going to say...can you hold on a few weeks my manager is on holiday. A lot of fans have got rose tinted glasses on at the minute and think that Nigel Pearson is the messiah returning. We'll have to wait and see how it all turns out.

Could he be the man to seriously get Beckford flying, I seriously think it could turn out very well for him and Mills.

No, no, no - that's not the way at all. He can't be allowed to come in and coach the squad into a successful outfit

Didn't you know that the only thing to do is to go out and buy a shed load of new players. That's the Lestoh way

As long as they don't clash, I'd say Beckford's future is on a knife edge right now. Could be the making or breaking of him.

They were more than entitled to do that, why do you think players have transfer fees higher than what their contracts are worth? he was their asset, them putting a large rprice on his head should make him feel wanted not push him away.

A player can have a transfer fee figure inserted into his contract in the same way Pearson had (when they don't - bidding begins like property). If the bidding club match it, he's allowed to talk. That is legal contract. Pearson could have walked risking this for Hull as Hull would have been paid up the remaining amount of his contract (without knowing the details who knows the balance).

Last edited:

Spanky Fox, if NP was forced out of the club then why on earth would he ever want to come back? If I got forced out of a company and they wanted me back, I'd certainly tell them where to go. The offer for NP wasn't accepted while he was away, that was the new owners being shown round and to be fair there's nothing wrong with that. It wasn't his club it was Milan's and if you've got an overseas interested party wanting to look round and you're wanting to sell you're not going to say...can you hold on a few weeks my manager is on holiday. A lot of fans have got rose tinted glasses on at the minute and think that Nigel Pearson is the messiah returning. We'll have to wait and see how it all turns out.

We are a completely different outfit now, new owners, new chief exec. Maybe he enjoyed his time here, and it was all to do with MM and LH making his job difficult.

It's all if buts and maybes. I cant see why anyone wouldn't want a successful manager to return, but I suppose football means different things to different people. I want success and winning football. You obviously want glitz and glamor and champagne football.

We are a completely different outfit now, new owners, new chief exec. Maybe he enjoyed his time here, and it was all to do with MM and LH making his job difficult.

It's all if buts and maybes. I cant see why anyone wouldn't want a successful manager to return, but I suppose football means different things to different people. I want success and winning football. You obviously want glitz and glamor and champagne football.

Milan went on record to say at the time that the new owners were very much involved in the search for our new manager Sousa.

I'm not particularly fussed about glitz and glamour, I'd like success and ok I would prefer to do it adopting the Swansea or QPR approach to playing football. I just don't think this is a particularly inspiring move and think people are getting bowled over by this for the wrong reasons.

Last edited:
Spanky Fox, if NP was forced out of the club then why on earth would he ever want to come back?

He didn't want to go in the first place and the people who forced him out have left the club.

I'd certainly leave a good job that I enjoyed if I was being undermined by my bosses at every turn and they were inviting my replacement to the office to have a snoop around.
If I then discovered that the hierarchy had completely changed and I was offered my old position back at a much higher salary I'd be back in a shot, especially if my current employers couldn't offer me anywhere near the same resources to do the same job and match the wages I was being offered by my former employer. It's human nature at the end of the day - you don't have to be fiercly loyal to the place you work.

I worked in my local pub full time after I couldn't find a job anywhere else when I left uni, they were very good to me there and I thoroughly enjoyed working there. Did I think twice when I got offered a well paid PR job in London? No.

Milan went on record to say at the time that the new owners were very much involved in the search for our new manager Sousa.

Wouldn't be the first time Mad Mandy deliberately lied to the fans. Besides, if you think the Thais had anything to do with getting rid of Pearson, then why would they re-hire him now? It'd make them look absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670