Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games...

What is Billy Davies doing nowadays?

Harry Redknapp please.

I think he should be given time but if results carry on as they are I reckon it's practically guaranteed. The Thais won't want to stand by watching the season go down the gutter.

It will be interesting to hear what he says about this result and performance.

For the record, I thought he was the wrong appointment in the first place. I like him, he conducts himself in the right manner, he brings the right type of players in and is generally quite likeable. He is capable of turning it around I think. If not, Billy Davies is still out of a job - if they sack Pearson, the ideal replacement is pretty obvious. It's the man we should have brought in to replace Sven.

If we sack Pearson then that will be the final straw for me. He is a good manager who is trying to build a football club for the long term will be a disaster for me

In response to Macky: Yep - it also means that there are a hell of a lot of wishful thinkers who are taken in by the sort of bollox that was aired at the beginning of last season as well when I got the impression that Young and Stringer saw us as a sort of Barcelona whose only problem was the surfeit of classy players that were going to glide through the division.

Pearson needs to get back to the basics that made him more or less a success the first time round. Pearson has lost the plot with his acquisitions - failed to strengthen obvious weaknesses. Should he be sacked? No. He's managed properly in the past and he can do so again but I'm afraid there is a lot of rectification needed and it will take some doing to get things right for a promotion challenge this season. Loads and loads of games left but he doesn't have the right balance in his squad.

Far too early yet, but this was shambolic and I'd expect a massive response this weekend.

Not sure when the camels back would break, here's hoping we don't have to find out and Pearson sorts it out.

Far too early yet, but this was shambolic and I'd expect a massive response this weekend.

Not sure when the camels back would break, here's hoping we don't have to find out and Pearson sorts it out.

8 changes to the team probably didnt help.

8 changes to the team probably didnt help.

Agreed. Pearson did pick the team though.

Again, not calling for heads to roll, but expressing concerns I've had niggling away for some time.

Last edited:

In response to Macky: Yep - it also means that there are a hell of a lot of wishful thinkers who are taken in by the sort of bollox that was aired at the beginning of last season as well when I got the impression that Young and Stringer saw us as a sort of Barcelona whose only problem was the surfeit of classy players that were going to glide through the division.

Pearson needs to get back to the basics that made him more or less a success the first time round. Pearson has lost the plot with his acquisitions - failed to strengthen obvious weaknesses. Should he be sacked? No. He's managed properly in the past and he can do so again but I'm afraid there is a lot of rectification needed and it will take some doing to get things right for a promotion challenge this season. Loads and loads of games left but he doesn't have the right balance in his squad.

Very much echoes my thoughts.

Think we've got a lot of players who are much of a muchness... take our central midfielders for example. You could almost pick two of them to play at random. All very hit and miss, none of them (except maybe King) offers something different to the others, and none of them demand a first team place.

I think we need an extra centre back who will be first choice, because as I've said before, SSL and Morgan didn't look good enough together last year anyway.

Think we've got a lot of players who are much of a muchness... take our central midfielders for example. You could almost pick two of them to play at random. All very hit and miss, none of them (except maybe King) offers something different to the others, and none of them demand a first team place.

I think we need an extra centre back who will be first choice, because as I've said before, SSL and Morgan didn't look good enough together last year anyway.

What player is going to want to come here, with the threat of instability looming again? This is a horrid mess.

I'm assuming it's an indication of where this competition ranks in our priorities this season.

As with most of the Championship sides tonight we've had a busy start to the season and tonight represented a chance to rest key players, especially as we are thin on the ground in defence. As with most championship sides tonight we've gone out.

Are Charlton's players any more than a much of a muchness? Or Swindon? They have good support and a good team spirit with players who work hard. We showed this against Peterborough and from reports did so against Charlton and Blackburn. Unfortunately our fans haven't held up their end of the bargain for a long time. And before Homer comes crying boo-hoo, I'm not saying it's the fans fault that we lose, but you will never convince me that negativity from the support does any good.

Some people are saying 'we should give him time', but he did return on November 15th last year.

I am not calling for him to go but I don't think he can organise the team to reach the top 2, or even the play-offs. Should we lose on Saturday I think the owners could be looking for another manager.

He's got ten (league) games

Then it will all be over

Seven more to go......

Are Charlton's players any more than a much of a muchness? Or Swindon? They have good support and a good team spirit with players who work hard. We showed this against Peterborough and from reports did so against Charlton and Blackburn. Unfortunately our fans haven't held up their end of the bargain for a long time. And before Homer comes crying boo-hoo, I'm not saying it's the fans fault that we lose, but you will never convince me that negativity from the support does any good.

I'm not saying otherwise.... I agree that the fans should be behind the team, and as I said, think we all need to get behind Pearson.

I still think we're a little short of a promotion-winning side though. Not much. Just one/two players. Or even the players we've got to step it up.

I agree though, fans should be behind them. Hate all the moaners on the phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669