Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games...

He's got ten (league) games

Then it will all be over

Seven more to go......

What then Homer? Write another season off?? If the Thais sack him it shows they have zero long term plan for the club IMO.

Last edited:

its only August!

What then Homer? Write another season off?? If the Thais sack him it shows they have zero long term plan for the club IMO.

I didn't say it was right, me 'owd mucker, but carry on like this and it's a nailed on certainty

In response to Macky: Yep - it also means that there are a hell of a lot of wishful thinkers who are taken in by the sort of bollox that was aired at the beginning of last season as well when I got the impression that Young and Stringer saw us as a sort of Barcelona whose only problem was the surfeit of classy players that were going to glide through the division.

Pearson needs to get back to the basics that made him more or less a success the first time round. Pearson has lost the plot with his acquisitions - failed to strengthen obvious weaknesses. Should he be sacked? No. He's managed properly in the past and he can do so again but I'm afraid there is a lot of rectification needed and it will take some doing to get things right for a promotion challenge this season. Loads and loads of games left but he doesn't have the right balance in his squad.

Eh??? Did you mean "In response to Micky", by any chance?

I don't think it is a silly thread.

The question is not whether Pearson should be sacked but whether he will be sacked. If we lose against Blackpool then I think the Thais will at least consider changing the manager and that this will not solve the problem.

I can see the problem in attack. We do not have players who are sharp enough in the penalty area. What I have not fathomed out is what is wrong with our defence. It is not lack of ability; in fact first impressions are that De Laet is an excellent buy.

The season was never going to be anything other than mid-table with him.

Leicester V Blackpool ---- LOSS
Wolves V Leicester ---- LOSS
Leicester V Burnley ---- WIN
Leicester V Hull ---- DRAW
Middlesbrough V Leicester ---- LOSS

prediction, could very well be sacked, depends on how much sense the Owners now have

Not saying its right, but the prospect of the owners watching us get mauled on live tv by Blackpool and slipping into the bottom 3 might just be too much for them.

How can a club losing circa £10m a season afford a long term plan? The Thai's want promotion ASAP and this means any indication that they've backed the wrong horse will mean ditching said horse. NP knew the deal when he took the job. It's promotion or bust this season for him.

If we lose on Saturday, that may well be enough. If they've learnt anything from the farce of last season, they will be sounding out potential replacements already.

Not saying its right, but the prospect of the owners watching us get mauled on live tv by Blackpool and slipping into the bottom 3 might just be too much for them.

I hope they are prepared for the club to keep going backwards and for yearly compensation payments when they keep sacking Managers.

How can a club losing circa £10m a season afford a long term plan? The Thai's want promotion ASAP and this means any indication that they've backed the wrong horse will mean ditching said horse. NP knew the deal when he took the job. It's promotion or bust this season for him.

If we lose on Saturday, that may well be enough. If they've learnt anything from the farce of last season, they will be sounding out potential replacements already.

But how is adding compensation payments helping and then the cost of changing the team to suit each Manager?

We should try and get our monies worth out of Beckford by making him player manager.

Is the safe house open?
Talk about over reaction.

The only thing that I think NP was guilty of tonight was to believe the fringe players were going to be hungry enough to be considered for a starting place on Saturday.
They let him down big style.
previous to tonight the performances have warranted more than 3 points, but alas, it's a funny ol game!
Let's see what Saturday brings ;)

When Hughton was Birmingham manager he got the team into the play-offs. He had about a dozen players sold but he still managed to have a really good season and several games in the Europa cup. Hughton had alot less time than Pearson but he got Brum organised quickly.

How much time should Pearson be given, if he can't do it now why wait another 2 seasons.

Who has suggested that we should give him another two seasons?

Terry South?

Man, I'm crap at these guessing games.

Who has suggested that we should give him another two seasons?

I think he has a 3/4 year contract, so presumably the owners think so.
I meant that if he is failing now what is the point of prolonging the agony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669