Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well back to square one.............. its never ever easy with this club
it can never settle into a rythym....why god knows.... its just Leicester City.
A crystal ball is the last thing you need....... when assesing our club

If NP goes, I want Chris Coleman in. He likes a laugh and banter, and he is still young so would get on well with the players because he probably listens to the younger generations music too.

I was really pleased when Pearson was first appointed manager and he's been really great for us.

However, if he seriously believes that a move from Leicester City to Hull is a step forward then it is probably the first serious lack of judgement he has made. In which case it is better for all concerned that he leaves.

If he is really serious that he is moving because of no guarantees about money to spend on players, any manager with more sense and foresight would realise that better offers than Hull City will come his way during the first part of next season.

Thanks but goodbye and close the door on your way out.

If Hull achieve more than LCFC over the next 5 years I'll be astounded.

Unfortunately this appears to be more than rumours. The terms that (fairly) reputable media sources are putting things in make it sound like a done deal.

Pearson leaving on it's own, though a massive blow, isn't the end of the world. I'd be less worried if he joined an established Prem team or a 'bigger' club. If he leaves for a team like Hull it has to leave you asking serious questions about what kind of state our club is in if he would jump ship to join such a mediocre outfit.

If NP goes, I want Chris Coleman in. He likes a laugh and banter, and he is still young so would get on well with the players because he probably listens to the younger generations music too.
Those are exactly the criteria I'd use to appoint a football manager. :icon_roll

I can't understand why everyone is seeing Hull as a step down?

These are the same people who said we over achieved this season making the playoffs? And despite their financial position being bad, I doubt it is worse than ours, plus they have the parachute money and premiership quality players. Like it or not, they are currently a bigger team than us. Nowhere near Preston standard though.

These are the same people who said we over achieved this season making the playoffs? And despite their financial position being bad, I doubt it is worse than ours, plus they have the parachute money and premiership quality players. Like it or not, they are currently a bigger team than us. Nowhere near Preston standard though.

I don't think they are, the "premiership quality players" they currently have can't be afforded which is why they are desperate to sell them and are even willing to pay Bullard to move. Personally I think that there financial situation is worse than ours, we may be in a mess financially but they only just missed out on going into administration and are going to get some very average gates next season, I don't know how as a Leicester fan you can believe HULL are a bigger club than Leicester.

Surely if they had premiership quality players they won't be playing in the championship next season?

Not really a step down, but it's surely a step sideways. Teams promoted to the prem have done reasonably well in the last few years and those relegated from the champ have often struggled. People always talk about the gulf between the prem and the champ but is there really a massive difference between the top few teams in our league and the bottom few in the premiership?

As for quality players, it looks like their two main 'stars' Bullard and Hunt will be leaving so what kinda of team does that leave them with?

:081::081:

He is going to be a football manager not best mates with the players!!

"He likes a laugh and banter"!!

I have re-read my original post and it doesn't come across very well does it ?:icon_lol:

What I was trying to say was I would like CC to become the new manager because he is young, and would probably be able to connect with the younger generation of players better than somebody like Curbishley.

Great, I now expect at least 10 new threads on potential managers :icon_lol:

Any chance of MON having a huge bust up with Lerner in the next few weeks over Milner going to Man City? :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669